Close

    • M113 Kompressor V8 (W211 E55 AMG) supercharger upgrade coming soon from Weistec Engineering

      Here is a little teaser of the upcoming M113K supercharger upgrade from Weistec Engineering. The supercharger used will be a 3.0 liter unit which is larger than the blower used for the M156 kits. It will produce much more power with much less heat than the stock unit. In addition, Weistec will be seeking CARB approval for the Stage I which considering the precedent set with the M156 kit they should able to achieve again making for 2 CARB legal Mercedes supercharger offerings.

      There will also be an optional 82mm throttle body inlet. Many guys with the M113K are already running an 82mm conversion which will make this a seamless upgrade. Stage I will come first with focus on CARB exemption and then Stage II and perhaps more will be on the way. This will be the first supercharger upgrade kit for the platform and it would appear Weistec is blazing a trail yet again. More details to come on a very exciting development for the supercharged 55 AMG platforms.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: M113 Kompressor V8 (W211 E55 AMG) supercharger upgrade coming soon from Weistec Engineering started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 62 Comments
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        Will this be enough to get me to a mid 10 assuming I am a perfect driver and I got huge drag radials fitted?
        Earl and I were running 10.6s and 10.7s in +1800 to +3000 DA's so I don't see why you cant do the same or better in better conditions.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        You guys might be right. Although its not that it needs more boost its that it has to overcome the lower compression ratio to create the same static compression. Maybe we will see this charger in the St3 M156's if there ever will be such a thing.
        True but you can generate enough boost on the stock M156 that a 3.0 liter isn't necessary.
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Hey guys, just thought we should clear up some of the questions and comments on this system and the M156 system.

        We chose the 2.3L compressor module on the M156 because there were many constraints with fitment under the hood. Those who currently run our supercharger system or have physically seen one installed can understand what we are talking about. We also ran the CMDP cog drive system because of hood clearance issues as well (Not to mention the capability of utilizing the over drive of the compressor module). The M113 system is factory supercharged and has much more space to run a larger configuration.

        With this said, the 2.3L unit is perfect for the M156 and can make enough power to easily get a 63 into the low 10's in good weather, maybe even faster. Let us know if this helps. Thanks for the interest guys.

        Weistec Engineering
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
        Hey guys, just thought we should clear up some of the questions and comments on this system and the M156 system.

        We chose the 2.3L compressor module on the M156 because there were many constraints with fitment under the hood. Those who currently run our supercharger system or have physically seen one installed can understand what we are talking about. We also ran the CMDP cog drive system because of hood clearance issues as well (Not to mention the capability of utilizing the over drive of the compressor module). The M113 system is factory supercharged and has much more space to run a larger configuration.

        With this said, the 2.3L unit is perfect for the M156 and can make enough power to easily get a 63 into the low 10's in good weather, maybe even faster. Let us know if this helps. Thanks for the interest guys.

        Weistec Engineering
        And there we have it, thank you.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
        Don't be so quick to say that Sticky unless you know something we don't my friend.
        He also said this platforms time has past and we would not see a blower for our cars from Weistic....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        He also said this platforms time has past and we would not see a blower for our cars from Weistic....
        The platforms time has passed and at the time there was no intention to release this. You should be happy that one of the owners has an E55 so this worked out in your favor.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The platforms time has passed and at the time there was no intention to release this. You should be happy that one of the owners has an E55 so this worked out in your favor.
        Just say you were wrong its less typing.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        Just say you were wrong its less typing.
        They were focused on the M!56 and now are able to focus on the M113 kompressor. When they sell more of these M113 kits than the M156 kits I'll do just that. Until then, shhhh and watch the development being happy things aligned well.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They were focused on the M!56 and now are able to focus on the M113 kompressor. When they sell more of these M113 kits than the M156 kits I'll do just that. Until then, shhhh and watch the development being happy things aligned well.
        You have a hard time saying you're wrong i see. Real enthusiasts saw this move coming a mile away, anyway some guys are making over 600whp on the stock blower and crap intercooler i cant wait to see what heavily modded guys put down with this blower. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        You have a hard time saying you're wrong i see. Real enthusiasts saw this move coming a mile away, anyway some guys are making over 600whp on the stock blower and crap intercooler i cant wait to see what heavily modded guys put down with this blower. Click here to enlarge
        Ohhhh, you just predicted that Weistec would be the only one to tackle it huh?

        Count your blessings they are doing it because the point about the M156 market being more relevant stands considering that motor is still in production.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Ohhhh, you just predicted that Weistec would be the only one to tackle it huh?

        Count your blessings they are doing it because the point about the M156 market being more relevant stands considering that motor is still in production.
        Sticky, not looking to get between a debate with you and FT, but a motor's aftermarket relevance isn't heavily tied to whether or not it's still in production, IMHO.

        IMHO, It's tied to how well (or poorly) the original manufacturer engineered and also how well they (over)built the motor. The 2JZ-GTE has been out of production for 10 years, but still has a huge aftermarket following today. The Porsche Mezger motor is essentially out of production (still technically in production in a couple limited editions, i.e. GT2RS and GT3RS4.0), but still is very relevant. The BMW inline sixes from the E36 and E46 M3 still have a big following. Etc, etc. New and better hardware are being developed for these motors all the time, because the demand is there.

        For the M113K platforms, I think it's great that Weistec is engineering a kit... but I'll be interested to see how much demand they garner. I'd expect the half-dozen hardcore racers who're trying to set platform records will jump all over these... but would the average guy? Remains to be seen. Either way, kudos to Weistec in expanding their product catalog - should be a good move for them, I'd think.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, not looking to get between a debate with you and FT, but a motor's aftermarket relevance isn't heavily tied to whether or not it's still in production, IMHO.

        IMHO, It's tied to how well (or poorly) the original manufacturer engineered and also how well they (over)built the motor. The 2JZ-GTE has been out of production for 10 years, but still has a huge aftermarket following today. The Porsche Mezger motor is essentially out of production (still technically in production in a couple limited editions, i.e. GT2RS and GT3RS4.0), but still is very relevant. The BMW inline sixes from the E36 and E46 M3 still have a big following. Etc, etc. New and better hardware are being developed for these motors all the time, because the demand is there.

        For the M113K platforms, I think it's great that Weistec is engineering a kit... but I'll be interested to see how much demand they garner. I'd expect the half-dozen hardcore racers who're trying to set platform records will jump all over these... but would the average guy? Remains to be seen. Either way, kudos to Weistec in expanding their product catalog - should be a good move for them, I'd think.
        Bingo
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, not looking to get between a debate with you and FT, but a motor's aftermarket relevance isn't heavily tied to whether or not it's still in production, IMHO.

        IMHO, It's tied to how well (or poorly) the original manufacturer engineered and also how well they (over)built the motor. The 2JZ-GTE has been out of production for 10 years, but still has a huge aftermarket following today. The Porsche Mezger motor is essentially out of production (still technically in production in a couple limited editions, i.e. GT2RS and GT3RS4.0), but still is very relevant. The BMW inline sixes from the E36 and E46 M3 still have a big following. Etc, etc. New and better hardware are being developed for these motors all the time, because the demand is there.

        For the M113K platforms, I think it's great that Weistec is engineering a kit... but I'll be interested to see how much demand they garner. I'd expect the half-dozen hardcore racers who're trying to set platform records will jump all over these... but would the average guy? Remains to be seen. Either way, kudos to Weistec in expanding their product catalog - should be a good move for them, I'd think.
        Whether a motor is in production still is a large factor as it determines the potential client base. There are more M156 motors out there plus still being produced on high performance cars with owners who have money and are willing to mod. I bet you there are more heavily modded CLK63's than S55's for example due to the type car and the type of owner which is just one factor.

        The Porsche motor with the GT1 block you are referring to went into the 911 turbo for over a decade which is model that is traditionally heavily modified. The 996tt for example is picked up often just to be tuned, like a Supra but more refined. The Mercedes tuning scene doesn't even come close to approaching it.

        It's great to see the M113 kompressor motor get some more attention but it is nowhere near as relevant as the M156 today both in the aftermarket and in market saturation. We'll see how this develops, glad they are doing it.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Whether a motor is in production still is a large factor as it determines the potential client base. There are more M156 motors out there plus still being produced on high performance cars with owners who have money and are willing to mod. I bet you there are more heavily modded CLK63's than S55's for example due to the type car and the type of owner which is just one factor.

        The Porsche motor with the GT1 block you are referring to went into the 911 turbo for over a decade which is model that is traditionally heavily modified. The 996tt for example is picked up often just to be tuned, like a Supra but more refined. The Mercedes tuning scene doesn't even come close to approaching it.

        It's great to see the M113 kompressor motor get some more attention but it is nowhere near as relevant as the M156 today both in the aftermarket and in market saturation. We'll see how this develops, glad they are doing it.
        I get what you're saying, but there are other factors too... for example, a lot of M156-engined vehicles are still under factory warranty, because they're within the 4-years/50k miles period from new. Not the case for M113K motored AMGs. Some owners wait until the factory warranty expires before cracking the checkbook for "heavy" or extensive mods.

        Additionally, I'm not so sure with your example... or, said differently, I'd probably take that bet. Click here to enlarge There are lots of S55's out there, and quite a few get pulley/tune/exhaust mods for sizeable gains over stock. There aren't many CLK63's, and fewer still "heavily modded" ones - most people AFAIK aren't heavily modding the regular CLK63 cab, and the CLK63BS was a one-model-year limited edition - some, sure, but not many are being "heavily modded."
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        I get what you're saying, but there are other factors too... for example, a lot of M156-engined vehicles are still under factory warranty, because they're within the 4-years/50k miles period from new. Not the case for M113K motored AMGs. Some owners wait until the factory warranty expires before cracking the checkbook for "heavy" or extensive mods.
        True but technically all E92's are still under the factory warranty yet how many SC's have shipped? It is due to the vehicle and owners. M3 owners want to mod, more so than 545 owners for example.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Additionally, I'm not so sure with your example... or, said differently, I'd probably take that bet. There are lots of S55's out there, and quite a few get pulley/tune/exhaust mods for sizeable gains over stock. There aren't many CLK63's, and fewer still "heavily modded" ones - most people AFAIK aren't heavily modding the regular CLK63 cab, and the CLK63BS was a one-model-year limited edition - some, sure, but not many are being "heavily modded."
        Well, until now the S55 could only do bolt on's so if we go by extensive modification including supercharger upgrades I win by default Click here to enlarge CLK63's as used in my example were to denote owners who buy them more as a performance toy and just want to continue to mod in that direction. The vast majority of S55's are owned by older gentlemen who bought them for themselves or for their wives because it was an expensive S-class not because it was a good performance platform. The CLK63 makes much more sense in this regard, as does the C63, C63 BS, M3, etc.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        The fact that a engine is currently in production or not has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the after-market. Use the 5.0L V8 in the 80's era mustangs for example, this is commons sense.
      1. mainah's Avatar
        mainah -
        Well, regardless of what Weistec's motivation was in offering a larger displacement supercharger for the M113K, it will be very interesting to see performance data.

        .... Especially if one of the higher displacement M113Ks were used! (e.g. Havoc who had 0.2L extra displacement).
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
        Well, regardless of what Weistec's motivation was in offering a larger displacement supercharger for the M113K, it will be very interesting to see performance data.

        .... Especially if one of the higher displacement M113Ks were used! (e.g. Havoc who had 0.2L extra displacement).
        Just watch how much power the ported heads/cam full exhaust guys make on race gas
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        The fact that a engine is currently in production or not has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the after-market. Use the 5.0L V8 in the 80's era mustangs for example, this is commons sense.
        It has everything to do with it. There are a lot of M156's out there and they keep coming not to mention in high performance models that makes great modification platforms. The M156 Black Series cars for example.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        I am pretty curious to why this blower would be a 3.0L and the M156 is only a 2.3L
        2.3 is all they could fit under the hood of the C63 without having to build a custom hood and wanted to avoid people having to change or alter their hoods.