• Weistec Engineering now offering Stage I Naturally Aspirated M156/63 AMG tune - +47 wheel horsepower on 91 octane, $990

      We thought this eventually might come but not so soon. Weistec has decided to sell a naturally aspirated tune for the M156 V8 which offers gains of 47 wheel horsepower on 91 octane, impressive. In addition to the horsepower gain torque is upped by 32 wheel, the speed limiter is removed, and the throttle response is optimized. The price is a very reasonable $990 which also is credited toward a supercharger purchase should one decide they want more power.




      Key Features:

      • +47 Wheel Horsepower
      • +32 Wheel Torque
      • Eliminate Top Speed Limiter
      • Increased Throttle Response
      • Optimized Fuel and Spark
      • Credit towards Stage 1/1+ Supercharger Systems


      To order: http://weistec.com/m156nas1.html
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec Engineering now offering Stage I Naturally Aspirated M156/63 AMG tune - +47 wheel horsepower on 91 octane, $990 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 400 Comments
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        I was hoping we keep discussing this without personal attacks and pissing contests.... but looks like we're about to take a bad turn here....
        About to? You're kidding, right? Click here to enlarge

        This thread is about Weistec's N/A tuning... it took a bad turn ten pages ago.
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I didn't correct anything. Just found it funny you calling someone stupid and you can't even spell.
        If spelling was a measure of intelligence many people in this world would be in a lot of trouble. Click here to enlarge
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        I was hoping we keep discussing this without personal attacks and pissing contests.... but looks like we're about to take a bad turn here....
        Yup, Sad the forum owner was the first to throw out the personal attack. I guess he reached his limit.

        Everyone be on your best behavior, the grammar police have arrived. Screw the insult, that is the indication a thread is done. Click here to enlarge
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        About to? You're kidding, right? Click here to enlarge

        This thread is about Weistec's N/A tuning... it took a bad turn ten pages ago.
        I was thinking, wow I feel bad for Weistec because this thread got so derailed but then I realized, they are probably loving it, its kept their name and this thread at the top of the recent post list for 3 days straight.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I was thinking, wow I feel bad for Weistec because this thread got so derailed but then I realized, they are probably loving it, its kept their name and this thread at the top of the recent post list for 3 days straight.
        Exactly...and Propain just thought Sticky was arguing for the sake of arguing LOL. Well done Propain...thanks for being a part of the master plan.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Yes I did as well. I know they are doing good stuff with the tune, but that was not the argument at all What do you mean by "if you did magic would likely not be mentioned"? Earlier in this thread when I mentioned the gains maybe too much for this platform, you implied that it was because they were doing things no other tuner is doing. However, despite the "magic" tuning, results are inline with other tuners.
        What I mean is there is no magic. There is no crank manipulation going on. There is no unhealthy car being used. There is nothing wrong at all here except for you missing that the dyno runs were done with a car with aftermarket filters and this forced you to backtrack from your original statement that this was unlikely and improbable. That is all that has happened here, you were forced to shift positions because you made a large error.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Most of the companies I've talked to have shown me gains before and after a tune only not with filters, etc...
        I see, so this is very impressive for a tune and filters is it not?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Nobody claimed it was your responsibility bro.... all I hinted at was that I was surprised that you seem to miss it - especially because you have over 40,000 posts and seem to be a lot more in tune with internet forums than anyone else I know, so you have a much less likely chance of missing it than the average forum user. I don't know why you took that the wrong way. It's not a big deal man.
        I don't like when someone says I did something wrong when I did not. I did not miss anything because once again I reminded you, not the other way around.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Again, I wasn't deflecting.... you seem to have deflected when I mentioned your first reply to my first post yet I never said it was your error or that you owe me an apology. I'm kind of confused by your responses with the whole apology thing.
        The reason is that after the fact when you mentioned this was with filters is you said you found it funny I did not say anything when in fact I did. You did not say oops, yes you did my fault, instead you are saying oh it was only within 2.5 hours that I pointed it out again? Seriously? I just found that comment unfair considering I did mention it in addition to the first post.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        And if you are saying replacing the regular air filters would automatically remove the charcoal filters, then you are incorrect. One can aftermarket airfilters without removing the dedicated charcoal filters on the M156. Removing the charcoal filters yields even more gains.
        Ok, thanks. So the charcoal element is not a part of the stock filter? It is in addition to the filter? On the M3 changing the filter removed the charcoal filter. No aftermarket filter includes a charcoal element in its composition I figured this was the same. There are two parts on the M156?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Essentially too much writing would eliminate the graph out of the equation.... that's why other companies list the package contents in a text aside from the graph altogether.
        My opinion is such that reading the graph eliminates any ambiguity. We don't need to start with fine print now do we? It's not too much to ask for people to look over what is there.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        I'm not thinking you were wound up, I just never saw you ask for an apology online from a difference in opinion so I figured you maybe taken back by the whole thing. It's cool.... no biggie
        I did not like that you stated I did not do something I actually did and tried to point the finger at me, not cool. It isn't a big deal but still...
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        Yup, Sad the forum owner was the first to throw out the personal attack. I guess he reached his limit.

        Everyone be on your best behavior, the grammar police have arrived. Screw the insult, that is the indication a thread is done. Click here to enlarge
        oh waaaaaahhhhhhhh - HE STARTED IT !!!!! LOL $#@!ing crybaby. Get over yourself.
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I was thinking, wow I feel bad for Weistec because this thread got so derailed but then I realized, they are probably loving it, its kept their name and this thread at the top of the recent post list for 3 days straight.
        Bingo! I am beginning to think Joe is on to something here! If he just agreed to disagree and moved on 10 pages ago this would be long gone. LOL

        I expect a Christmas card from someone. Click here to enlarge
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I was thinking, wow I feel bad for Weistec because this thread got so derailed but then I realized, they are probably loving it, its kept their name and this thread at the top of the recent post list for 3 days straight.
        If they even know, LOL. Weistec posted this info on MBW themselves... Sticky copied and pasted it here later. Same for the Weistec M113 Supercharger. Weistec doesn't seem to post much here - they probably like to stay out of the drama 'round these parts.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        See, this is where you go to far. Stupid huh? You are a douche. I just need to accept that. There now I went to far... can we move on? Click here to enlarge

        Actually... never mind. Stupid is correct. You are to stupid too get it.
        I did not say you were stupid but that sometimes I need to accept others are. It means that sometimes I need to realize you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink.

        I did not mention you specifically as you did to me but I take no offense. Let me know when you are ready to get back to the topic.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        If they even know, LOL. Weistec posted this info on MBW themselves... Sticky copied and pasted it here later. Same for the Weistec M113 Supercharger. Weistec doesn't seem to post much here - they probably like to stay out of the drama 'round these parts.
        I'm sorry but you are completely incorrect. Weistec text messaged me about this before posting and I based my post on that conversation. What they did on MBworld or did not do on MBworld I was not aware of. You simply do not have any idea of any behind the scenes discussions and are way off base here.

        You may notice that my post on the M113K supercharger contains significant information that was NOT posted on MBworld or available on Weistec's page. Care to guess how I got it?

        Also, Weistec logs in just about daily and reads what is posted. They probably feel the same way I do about many of the comments but I have to respond and they do not. Frankly I'm quite taken aback you would make such an unsubstantiated claim, poor taste.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        I hope we're all friends here.... not just propain and I
        Of course we are all friends! You are one of my best and most well respected friends in the entire MB scene. I have known you longer than just about anyone here.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Actually you first sentence is missing the words "at 1/4 mile track" and should modify the word "won't" to the word "might not". I'm not sure how would air resistance at 150 mph be "equal in circumstances" to air resistance at 110 mph? You can't have "equal circumstances" or equal conditions at two different speeds.
        This is a good point in that the air resistance will change. When saying equal circumstances the implication is DA and traction. The difference in air resistance offered by 10 hp won't be enough to radically change anything as it will be ~1 mph. 101 vs. 102 isn't really a huge difference like 101 vs. 150. Obviously the resistance grows geometrically and that is why it is a rough rule of thumb. The point stands that even 1 horse makes a difference at 150 mph of trap speed as it has to. Any equation in relation to this will show that, it is a mathematical relationship that is undeniable.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        That seems to be your statement not his... what he and I were saying that it may not show on the track.... I don't think he ever said it will not show period?
        His implication was that "I would be surprised" it won't show. No, I'm not surprised at all that large temps, mechanical malfunctions, or other variables will have an affect. My point is that if these variables are equal a strip will function just like a dyno in reflecting the gains. Once again, it is a mathematical relationship and actually quite simple.

        I have been to the track enough to see variance through the day on run after run. What I can tell you though is my horsepower gained is not disappearing just because I screwed up launching.
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I did not say you were stupid but that sometimes I need to accept others are. It means that sometimes I need to realize you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink.

        I did not mention you specifically as you did to me but I take no offense. Let me know when you are ready to get back to the topic.
        Understood. You are only debating with 2 people here. I imagined you were referring to either me or Moe or both. Water under the bridge then. Moving on.

        I was using a few calculators myself. http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

        I plugged in a top fuel car weight and HP. 2200 approx and 8000 HP. If you look at the results it does show a 10th pickup in MPH by adding 10 whp. I really don't know how much that chart takes into account the physics of wind resistance and friction however. But my point would still stand that 10 whp at that level would most likely never been realized in the final results on the track.

        I also offer that removing 2 pounds of weight, pretty much the guy taking some water pills before the race adds far more results than adding 10 whp. It would be more productive to give the guy $1 in water pills than add 10 whp. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        I plugged in a top fuel car weight and HP. 2200 approx and 8000 HP. If you look at the results it does show a 10th pickup in MPH by adding 10 whp. I really don't know how much that chart takes into account the physics of wind resistance and friction however. But my point would still stand that 10 whp at that level would most likely never been realized in the final results on the track.
        Wow, so I'm right? How about that.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        I also offer that removing 2 pounds of weight, pretty much the guy taking some water pills before the race adds far more results than adding 10 whp. It would be more productive to give the guy $1 in water pills than add 10 whp.
        Weight functions the same way. There is no circumstance where removing 100 pounds will be equal to not removing 100 pounds unless there is a mitigating factor (mechanical failure, increase in DA, major headwind, etc.). I have said this again, again, and again...
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm sorry but you are completely incorrect. Weistec text messaged me about this before posting and I based my post on that conversation. What they did on MBworld or did not do on MBworld I was not aware of. You simply do not have any idea of any behind the scenes discussions and are way off base here.

        You may notice that my post on the M113K supercharger contains significant information that was NOT posted on MBworld or available on Weistec's page. Care to guess how I got it?

        Also, Weistec logs in just about daily and reads what is posted. They probably feel the same way I do about many of the comments but I have to respond and they do not. Frankly I'm quite taken aback you would make such an unsubstantiated claim, poor taste.
        I'm completely incorrect? What they did or did not post on MBW you're completely unaware of?

        12/02, 8:04 PM - Weistec starts their own thread on MBW: http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...available.html

        12/02, 8:18 PM - You create a thread here on the same topic, stating "We thought this might eventually come out, but not so soon."

        My general point was that Weistec doesn't participate much on Benzboost - they easily could create threads here on new and upcoming products and projects, if they wanted to. That's what they do on MBW. My assumption is that they don't participate here due to the neverending drama, but it could be any number of reasons - smaller audience, low traffic, etc.
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Wow, so I'm right? How about that.
        Why do you stop reading? Does it make you feel better to ignore what someone types beyond satisfying your point? LOL

        "But my point would still stand that 10 whp at that level would most likely never been realized in the final results on the track."

        If drag racing were as easy as plugging number into an ET calculator wouldn't life be grand? Sadly, it doesn't work that way in the real world. You should know this from your track experience.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        I'm completely incorrect? What they did or did not post on MBW you're completely unaware of?

        12/02, 8:04 PM - Weistec starts their own thread on MBW: http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...available.html

        12/02, 8:18 PM - You create a thread here on the same topic, stating "We thought this might eventually come out, but not so soon."

        My general point was that Weistec doesn't participate much on Benzboost - they easily could create threads here on new and upcoming products and projects, if they wanted to. That's what they do on MBW. My assumption is that they don't participate here due to the neverending drama, but it could be any number of reasons - smaller audience, low traffic, etc.
        YOU ARE COMPLETELY INCORRECT. I hope that is clear.

        Let me break this down for you:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        If they even know, LOL. Weistec posted this info on MBW themselves... Sticky copied and pasted it here later.
        Weistec text messaged me on my cell phone, ok? We discussed it a bit back and forth and then I posted. There was no copy and pasting and MBW had nothing to do with it so you were incorrect. Get it?

        If Weistec did not participate here why would I have information others do not? Not all discussions take place in public.

        What they did was text me about it and I wrote up a mini-article and they posted on MBworld. The MBworld staff does not write articles for vendors like I do. That way I can provide additional information by speaking directly to the source and ask questions so you guys get additional info. I don't see the MBworld staff putting in this effort.

        So yes, you were completely wrong and I found your post in extremely poor taste as you imply I'm stealing content from MBworld when in fact I was the source on this as Weistec contacted me directly. I think vendors appreciate I take the time to discuss their products with them and maybe MBworld would be better informed if they put in this same time?

        I hope this comes across as harsh I intended it because this kind of ridiculous unsubstantiated BS pisses me off. Sorry it took me an extra few minutes to get this up since I was not just copy/pasting but writing my own article. You know, putting in the kind of time and effort to generate more traffic? Glad to see you appreciate it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        Why do you stop reading? Does it make you feel better to ignore what someone types beyond satisfying your point? LOL

        "But my point would still stand that 10 whp at that level would most likely never been realized in the final results on the track."

        If drag racing were as easy as plugging number into an ET calculator wouldn't life be grand? Sadly, it doesn't work that way in the real world. You should know this from your track experience.
        Drag racing is not that easy. The point is to make you realize a drag strip works just like a dyno except it is impossible to eliminate as many variables due to things such as weather, moisture, etc. You can correct a reading right on a dyno whereas at the strip you have to do so manually. This why there are different HP standards for example as well as weather corrections.

        I was right, even a small % of horsepower will show and it has to. You proved my own point that should tell you how ridiculous it was to argue with it to begin with.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Fair enough on the rest, but this makes no sense:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        If Weistec did not participate here why would I have information others do not? Not all discussions take place in public.
        This is a public forum, is it not? Weistec is a supporting vendor here. Weistec (or anyone) talking to you privately is not them participating here. Them participating here would be Weistec, via their user ID(s), starting threads, posting comments, answering questions, etc. Pretty simple, when one knows what participating means.
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Drag racing is not that easy. The point is to make you realize a drag strip works just like a dyno except it is impossible to eliminate as many variables due to things such as weather, moisture, etc. You can correct a reading right on a dyno whereas at the strip you have to do so manually. This why there are different HP standards for example as well as weather corrections.

        So the dyno is just like the drag strip without any reality involved like friction and air and traction and suspension and weather. Yeah.. I can see how the dyno is the exact same thing. Click here to enlarge

        I was right, even a small % of horsepower will show and it has to. You proved my own point that should tell you how ridiculous it was to argue with it to begin with.

        Again, you stop reading. "I really don't know how much that chart takes into account the physics of wind resistance and friction however." and either do you. Show me the formulas used to calculate exponentially increased air resistance at higher rates of speed from that chart I gave you. You cant because it doesnt exist. It used a rough formula of degradation. The calculator is no where near a reliable scientific tool. The point of the post was it wasn't anywhere near 1 MPH as you quoted earlier. It was merely a 10th and if the guy sneezes at launch that whp will go poof....
        How many cars have you had Joe? How many of them at the track? I am curious where this wealth of information you think you have is flowing from. I mean other than books. I can tell you love the books. 1 vehicle? What ET's? What gains have you seen?