• New overall B8 S4 1/4 mile record - 11.7@116

      The B8 S4 continues to evolve and the 1/4 mile times continue to drop. Just a little over a week ago we reported the first 11 second B8 S4. That run was an 11.9@117.73 and this was improved to 11.7. The trap speed was only 116 but this same car also hit 118 setting a new fastest time in the process as well. The vehicle below is a 2010 S4 with DSG. It is running a beta APR race tune, APR pulley, miltek exhaust, and a custom intake.







      This article was originally published in forum thread: New overall B8 S4 1/4 mile record - 11.7@116 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 14 Comments
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Automatic mode all the way, how boring. Nice times though....
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        Great time - does look and sound boring though.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Automatic mode all the way, how boring. Nice times though....
        Consistency was key...
      1. robos4's Avatar
        robos4 -
        I have a question - is that 2010 using launch control??

        We all know only 2011's have that and I cant see clearly due to the steering wheel in the way.. It does have a moment at 3500rpmish where it pauses and what looks to be catching (or maybe spinning wheels)

        Awesome results!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robos4 Click here to enlarge
        I have a question - is that 2010 using launch control??

        We all know only 2011's have that and I cant see clearly due to the steering wheel in the way.. It does have a moment at 3500rpmish where it pauses and what looks to be catching (or maybe spinning wheels)

        Awesome results!!!
        Good question man I do not know.
      1. robos4's Avatar
        robos4 -
        actually, I just saw the other post showing 11.9sec 1/4 time and you mentioned it was primetime. If I recall he has stated before his 2010 does not have launch control and he has a simple technique of left foot brake and perfect timing when smashing the throttle (has to be perfect swap).

        Just 'looks' like launch control on the video lol but u never know these days.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robos4 Click here to enlarge
        actually, I just saw the other post showing 11.9sec 1/4 time and you mentioned it was primetime. If I recall he has stated before his 2010 does not have launch control and he has a simple technique of left foot brake and perfect timing when smashing the throttle (has to be perfect swap).

        Just 'looks' like launch control on the video lol but u never know these days.
        Why would his car not have launch control?
      1. Hansel22's Avatar
        Hansel22 -
        Yeah they didn't have LC until 2011. My 2010 doesn't have it.
      1. Adrenacide's Avatar
        Adrenacide -
        I've found that only certain gearboxes have launch control, not all auto gearboxes have launch control.

        Edit: Didn't notice this was a necro'ed thread.
      1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
        chrisisnapping -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrenacide Click here to enlarge
        I've found that only certain gearboxes have launch control, not all auto gearboxes have launch control.

        Edit: Didn't notice this was a necro'ed thread.
        i wonder if the LC "missing" is anything like on some of the DSG transmissions in the VW line up. For instance the '12 GLI didn't come from VW with being able to activate it. However, GIAC's DSG flash was able to activate it, you just needed to get the traction control button to add onto the car.
      1. ChuckD05's Avatar
        ChuckD05 -
        Isnt there multiple b8s on dragtimes in the 11s? I know of one local 6 speed manual that has def went 11.7 or 8 i forget which... and he did it with stock cats after putting them back on due to him thinking he lost power. and dropped to 11.7 or 8 from 11.9
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Great info.
        Thanks for posting.

        I really wanted to replace my daily driver with a S4, but I think the 2013+ S6 makes the S4 obsolete, at least for me.
        The S6 is worth the extra money for the V8 over V6, turbos over supercharger, increased size..... and all with a minimal weight increase over a S5 with the 4.2L V8.