• APR Stage III+ 2.0 TSI turbo upgrade released - Hits 470 horsepower to the wheels

    We really like what APR does. Their performance options for VW and Audi vehicles are well tuned and reliable. Lately they have been stepping it up taking the 2.0 TSI motor in VW's to 470 wheel horsepower on 100 octane. On 93 octane they hit a very respectable 423.8 wheel horsepower. The Stage III+ setup is available for sale and is a $2,999 upgrade from the Stage III. These are some very impressive results. Perhaps we will see 500+ whp from APR and the 2.0TSI in the near future.

    Power levels beyond that of the APR Stage III Turbocharger system were made possible with the addition of three main components:

    • Garrett/Honeywell GT3071R Turbocharger capable of airflow levels approximately 25% higher than the Stage
      III GT2860RS unit.
    • APR High Pressure Direct Injection Injectors approximately 30% larger than standard OEM TSI injectors.
    • APRís world-class Stage III+ engine management recalibration, available in multiple octane levels seen around the world.












    This article was originally published in forum thread: APR Stage III+ 2.0 TSI turbo upgrade released - Hits 470 horsepower to the wheels started by Sticky View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
    1. fastgti69's Avatar
      fastgti69 -
      3rd gear is just a joke lol.That car is quick. My buddy with a stage 3 GTI is coming to the track saturday. He has a built motor and the new v2 100 octane file he will be testing. he's going to get this kit soon too. All he needs is the new turbo and injectors to take andvantage of his built motor. These cars are pretty bad ass sleepers.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
      3rd gear is just a joke lol.That car is quick. My buddy with a stage 3 GTI is coming to the track saturday. He has a built motor and the new v2 100 octane file he will be testing. he's going to get this kit soon too. All he needs is the new turbo and injectors to take andvantage of his built motor. These cars are pretty bad ass sleepers.
      Track you mean roadcourse, right?
    1. fastgti69's Avatar
      fastgti69 -
      yes. Willow springs. Big willow track
    1. DBFIU's Avatar
      DBFIU -
      3 grand for 470 whp? wtf?

      nevermind just read the III+ is 3 grand more than stage III. How much is stage III?
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
      3 grand for 470 whp? wtf?

      nevermind just read the III+ is 3 grand more than stage III. How much is stage III?
      Stage III is $4500, pretty sweet huh?
    1. DBFIU's Avatar
      DBFIU -
      Thats dirt cheap.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
      Thats dirt cheap.
      Love this little motor and what APR does with it.
    1. DBFIU's Avatar
      DBFIU -
      dude 470 whp is no joke for a car that weighs nothing... Too bad its FWD and probably has a hard time coming off the line. im guessing it would run 12s just because of traction.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
      dude 470 whp is no joke for a car that weighs nothing... Too bad its FWD and probably has a hard time coming off the line. im guessing it would run 12s just because of traction.
      The Golf R has AWD so it could be done in that I would think.
    1. DBFIU's Avatar
      DBFIU -
      Does the golf R have the same 2.0T?
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
      Does the golf R have the same 2.0T?
      Yep just in a higher state of tune I believe.
    1. mm28's Avatar
      mm28 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      Yep just in a higher state of tune I believe.
      R has the EA113 (MK5 engine) with K04 turbo

      normal GTI has the EA888 with the smaller K03 engine
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
      R has the EA113 (MK5 engine) with K04 turbo

      normal GTI has the EA888 with the smaller K03 engine
      What is the difference between the EA113 and the EA888?
    1. mm28's Avatar
      mm28 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      What is the difference between the EA113 and the EA888?
      The more advanced EA888 that's supposed to replace the older EA113 is more fuel efficient and featured new technologies...supposedly... dont have the details, but they should be readily available on the web with VW's press releases.

      the fundamental difference IMO is that the EA113 has a cast iron block and therefore stronger than EA888's aluminum block.
      think thats why upper end car models from VW group, such as the S3, TTS, Golf and Scirocco R all opted the EA113 over the newer EA888.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
      the fundamental difference IMO is that the EA113 has a cast iron block and therefore stronger than EA888's aluminum block.
      Thank you.

      But it is still generally referred to as a 2.0T TSI?
    1. mm28's Avatar
      mm28 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      Thank you.

      But it is still generally referred to as a 2.0T TSI?
      yes they are both generally referred to as TSI, abbreviation for Turbo FSI; some publications call them TFSI; but TSI and TFSI are both the same thing...I believe
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
      yes they are both generally referred to as TSI, abbreviation for Turbo FSI; some publications call them TFSI; but TSI and TFSI are both the same thing...I believe
      Confuses the hell out of me.

      Still, interesting that the Golf R gets an iron block, I like that.
    1. fastgti69's Avatar
      fastgti69 -
      Golf R is still an old style motor. Although they give it's advantages in the Awd system, they lack in the engine department. God knows why VW put an old engine into the Golf R when the TSI is already out.

      Actually- I remember Arin@Apr stated because they have the TFSI (FSI) engines in europe that come with the FSI they just stuck it in here. There is no TSI (yet) that has the k04 stock. One thing I hate about the golf R this engine has lots of maintenance more than the engine I had in my VW.

      older model engine 06-08 mkv GTI comes with FSI engine and k03 turbo
      09+ mkv and mk6 GTI come with TSI engine and IHI turbo, its actually not even a k03.

      My buddy with the built motor stage 3 TSI already ordered the stage 3+ kit. They're on back order cause of the injectors from APR. I can't wait to drive that monster once that kit is finished. One problem I have is, what do the customers with current stage 3 do with their 28rs turbo? APR should have atleast have a trade in with some money off for the 3071...
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
      God knows why VW put an old engine into the Golf R when the TSI is already out.
      How is the TSI already out? And how is it an old motor if they gave it a new iron block? It's different.
    1. fastgti69's Avatar
      fastgti69 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      How is the TSI already out? And how is it an old motor if they gave it a new iron block? It's different.
      The TSI has been out but I dont know why they didnt put a k04 on that and put that in the golf R. that would have been awesome from factory. I need to check up on more of my info and I will get back to you on how different these motors are...