Close

    • Weistec oil / air separater available for M156 and M159 (63 AMG) motors - $529.99

      This oil and air seperator can be used on stock cars to cars that are highly modified even with superchargers. What does it do? It reduces oil retention by the engine and reduces knock. Essentially, better for your motor assisting longevity and acting as a preventative measure. From Weistec, "As the excess crankcase pressure is vented through the PCV valve and into the intake manifold the engine will eventually draw in, not only air which is wanted, but also particles of aerated oil which creates instability in power due to the low octane level of oil."

      Key Features:
      • Eliminates the anti octane properties of oil
      • CNC machined 6061 aluminum
      • Hard anodized to military spec
      • Direct bolt in for M156/M159 vehicles
      • Utilizes brass filter elements
      • 100% serviceable
      • Flexible and reversible mounting and installation
















      Pictured below is a typical intake manifold from an M156 engine after 8,500miles (13,700Km). It is very clear the amount of oil that is being drawn in by the engine.









      Please contact @Weistec for any questions or to order.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec M156/M159 Oil / Air Separator started by Weistec View original post
      Comments 81 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
        Attachment 17171

        Attachment 17172

        Attachment 17173

        Attachment 17174

        Hope this helps! Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...that's all I own haha...
        The pics aren't bad at all!
      1. YFlagg's Avatar
        YFlagg -
        Pardon for Thread rez: For those of you that managed to get it done yourself: How did you remove the Y intake inlet?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by YFlagg Click here to enlarge
        Pardon for Thread rez: For those of you that managed to get it done yourself: How did you remove the Y intake inlet?
        Did you get the instructions from @Weistec?
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by YFlagg Click here to enlarge
        Pardon for Thread rez: For those of you that managed to get it done yourself: How did you remove the Y intake inlet?
        The Y fitting has long metal clamps on both sides that you have to pull away and lift from the mouth of the intake .
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        The Y fitting has long metal clamps on both sides that you have to pull away and lift from the mouth of the intake .
        Thanks.
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Thanks.
        My pleasure.
      1. YFlagg's Avatar
        YFlagg -
        Thanks. I'll look for the clamps.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by YFlagg Click here to enlarge
        Thanks. I'll look for the clamps.
        Let us know what you collect it will be interesting to see the variances from car to car.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        Just curious if you plan to offer powdercoating, specifically a black finish, as an option for these in the future?
      1. r45t4335i's Avatar
        r45t4335i -
        Nice looking CC, reminds me of the HPF version on the N54. Another company produces a CNC version much like this one for 1/4 the price, provided it does not have the nice fitting this one has.
      1. YFlagg's Avatar
        YFlagg -
        Hi, here's what I found after about 500 kms (310 mils for you yanks.)
        Attachment 22047

        Ambiant Temp about -4 °C ( 24.7 °F)

        its about 10-12 mL of liquid. I'm guessing the "white bits" are water condensate with contaminants that froze up.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by YFlagg Click here to enlarge
        Hi, here's what I found after about 500 kms (310 mils for you yanks.)
        Attachment 22047

        Ambiant Temp about -4 °C ( 24.7 °F)

        its about 10-12 mL of liquid. I'm guessing the "white bits" are water condensate with contaminants that froze up.
        That's quite a bit in that span...
      1. HoozyerdaddyC63's Avatar
        HoozyerdaddyC63 -
        I'm hoping to have mine installed this weekend. Unfortunately I don't drive my car that much so it might take some time to accumulate, but it will be interesting to see if I have that much after a few hundred miles.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
        I'm hoping to have mine installed this weekend.
        Installing it yourself?
      1. HoozyerdaddyC63's Avatar
        HoozyerdaddyC63 -
        Nah. I've asked the shop that is doing the dyno to install it for me. I'm also going to ask they check for leaks while they're under the hood.

        It's a simple install from what I hear, but I don't have any of the tools to do it.
      1. HoozyerdaddyC63's Avatar
        HoozyerdaddyC63 -
        @Weistec

        Can you please send me the link to the instructions for a C63 install? I had the shop do it based off your pictures, but just talked to the tech at the Mercedes dealer and he thinks the vacuum is too close to the firewall and can cause problems due to the high torque.

        Any chance you might know what he means by that?

        Here are two pics of the install.
        Attachment 22310
        Attachment 22311
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
        @Weistec

        Can you please send me the link to the instructions for a C63 install? I had the shop do it based off your pictures, but just talked to the tech at the Mercedes dealer and he thinks the vacuum is too close to the firewall and can cause problems due to the high torque.

        Any chance you might know what he means by that?

        Here are two pics of the install.
        Attachment 22310
        Attachment 22311
        Try pm'ing @Weistec it sends an e-mail notification. You can e-mail them as well.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Your tech probably means the line running along side the motor is too close and as the motor torques/moves on the engine mounts it might hit the line. Thats the only thing I can think of...
      1. HoozyerdaddyC63's Avatar
        HoozyerdaddyC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Try pm'ing @Weistec it sends an e-mail notification. You can e-mail them as well.
        Thanks. I'll do that.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Your tech probably means the line running along side the motor is too close and as the motor torques/moves on the engine mounts it might hit the line. Thats the only thing I can think of...
        I think I understand. The tech said he'll show me when I come pick up the car too.
      1. HoozyerdaddyC63's Avatar
        HoozyerdaddyC63 -
        So after talking with the Mercedes tech today I learned that the install of the catch can is fine in the front of the engine bay, but the placement of the PCV adapters is in a bad position.

        I'm curious why this hasn't been brought up before. There seems to be very little room in the back of the engine compartment on the C63. This leaves even less room for the PCV adapters. It is basically right up against the firewall as you can see in my picture above. Was it installed incorrectly or is this truly the limited space we have to deal with?

        If it is the limited space then don't you think this might be bad due to the torquing of the engine? It has nowhere to go and will push the PCV adapters into the firewall, no?