• OE Tuning BMW 1M dyno tune results +50 wheel horsepower

      OE Tuning has tuned the new BMW 1M Coupe. On a dynojet in STD correction on 93 octane the 1M baselined 325 wheel horsepower. The car hit 375 wheel horsepower after the tune also on 93 octane fuel as OE Tuning sttated, very impressive. The dynograph below however shows a baseline of 332 rear wheel horsepower and 383 rear wheel horsepower after the dyno tune. All dyno pulls were done in 4th gear. Contact sales@oetuning.com if interested.






      This article was originally published in forum thread: 1M Tuned by OETuning started by Gtrain View original post
      Comments 21 Comments
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Very nice
      1. Dinan S3 1 series's Avatar
        Dinan S3 1 series -
        Very Nice. This car is really under rated.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dinan S3 1 series Click here to enlarge
        Very Nice. This car is really under rated.
        Severely.
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        So was it ever stated what the differences were between the regular N54 and the one in the 1M? I remember Matt@Cambertoe saying it wasn't the same, but never said why.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        So was it ever stated what the differences were between the regular N54 and the one in the 1M? I remember Matt@Cambertoe saying it wasn't the same, but never said why.
        Other than software, I don't believe there are any differences.
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Other than software, I don't believe there are any differences.
        So how come other N54's aren't seeing 375whp tune only? Was this a pretty aggressive tune?
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        There are many intricate details that are different in the 1M motor. Click here to enlarge Also the software is far more aggressive out of the box then the regular N54 so the gains from stock to tuned you'd see with a stock 07' N54 will not be seen on this motor.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        So how come other N54's aren't seeing 375whp tune only? Was this a pretty aggressive tune?
        They aren't? I thought the Cobb Satge 2 pump gas numbers were supposed to be close to there?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        There are many intricate details that are different in the 1M motor
        Like what though?
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They aren't? I thought the Cobb Satge 2 pump gas numbers were supposed to be close to there?
        That's with bolt ons though.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Like what though?
        +1
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        That's with bolt ons though.
        Well then I'm not sure how to explain the discrepancy. How large is it?
      1. carcars's Avatar
        carcars -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Other than software, I don't believe there are any differences.
        1m 13 psi

        ceramic catalyst system arecompared to n54 335-135
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
        1m 13 psi

        ceramic catalyst system arecompared to n54 335-135
        Interesting... how does it differ exactly?
      1. Scourge82's Avatar
        Scourge82 -
        I hope someone is able to take an in depth look at the engine and tuning. If they can find out what the M division did to it, it should the N54 owners get some more power out of the engine.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostAddict Click here to enlarge
        So how come other N54's aren't seeing 375whp tune only? Was this a pretty aggressive tune?
        +1.

        Note that other N54 OE tuned cars put much less than this.
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        chalk it up to dyno differences? that's probably the most likely thing here.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        the tune wasnt really aggressive at all I dont think..I think max boost was 13.5psi as Jeremy had stated. AFRs were rocksolid at 11.8, but towards the end of the passes the dynos wideband was taking a crap and was like going 20+ lean...his computer showed otherwise though.
      1. carcars's Avatar
        carcars -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        the tune wasnt really aggressive at all I dont think..I think max boost was 13.5psi as Jeremy had stated. AFRs were rocksolid at 11.8, but towards the end of the passes the dynos wideband was taking a crap and was like going 20+ lean...his computer showed otherwise though.
        1M 13PSI

        CERAMIC CATALYTIC SYSTEM, FUEL PUMPAND INJECTOR FLOW PROVIDED FURTHER ...

        so that my car was wearing and the other car isdifferent, everything else is equal to n54
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        the tune wasnt really aggressive at all I dont think..I think max boost was 13.5psi as Jeremy had stated. AFRs were rocksolid at 11.8, but towards the end of the passes the dynos wideband was taking a crap and was like going 20+ lean...his computer showed otherwise though.
        Matt - Is there anyway to confirm what Jeremy told you about the engines being different?
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
        Matt - Is there anyway to confirm what Jeremy told you about the engines being different?
        id have to email him and ask him. AFAIK the maps were identical to an alpina B3...