Close

    • Comparison of MHP long tube and Renntech shorty M156 headers show poor weld and product quality from Renntech

      Pictures of these Renntech headers (it was confirmed these are in fact from Renntech Florida) were posted up by a BenzBoost user. We all know MHP makes a high quality product and that is seen here with what is clearly the MHP long tube setup. What is stated as the Renntech header appears to be a modified stock setup and clearly is not a long tube or race setup as we were told the customer asked for. An additional claim is that these are $8000 dollar headers from Renntech but in an article posted last week we showed the Renntech long tube headers which are ceramic coated for that price and they look nothing like these.

      We suggest you come to your own conclusion but there is no denying the terrible welds and simply poor quality of the shorty headers seen here vs. MHP. What one can definitively take away is the MHP long tube option is a solid one. We will wait on comments from Renntech and continue to state that Renntech is a high quality option. We also believe Renntech offers a warranty on exhaust pieces so if the owner was upset and this was a Renntech piece this issue would have been taken care of by quality customer service.















      * It was confirmed that these are in fact headers from Renntech Florida.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: RENNTECH versus MHP Headers Pics started by JBond View original post
      Comments 271 Comments
      1. m54b25's Avatar
        m54b25 -
        JBond, I do agree that product failure it's bad & should be fixed with the proper warranty.

        But, at the same time it DOES sounds like vendor source trying to promote products by bashing with sensationalism or having some sort of agenda, as it's been done in the past many times with RENNtech!

        Also, if they were in fact were RENNtech $2000-$8200.00 headers, why didn't customer tried to solve issue with RENNtech? I would & if the salesman fails to take care of the issue, I should contact the manager since I am sure reputation 1st...but instead don't really see supporting proof!

        Unless, in my opinion there's an agenda since we know RENNtech it's the benchmark for MB/AMG products to beat =) Btw, nice headers!


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        No one's jumping to any conclusions and no one's lying except for you. The customer paid $8200 for those "headers" and he paid $2995 for the MHPs as part of a header and tune package. Of course you knew that, otherwise list pricing was disclosed at $3495 so take your lies comment and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.



        Wake up. RENNTECH should be ashamed of their product and service. Those manifolds are a joke, the cost is just icing on the cake. The fact that the welds cracked three times and RENNTECH did nothing but tell the customer to fix them himself and that stainless is prone to cracking, yeah that's normal and OK. Are you joking?

        You're looking at real deal comparison pictures. Check and see if there's any photoshopping, there isn't, basic cell phone pics but they work well enough to post on a forum.



        Show me RENNTECH longtubes for a C63? This is what they sell, call them and ask for "longtubes" and they will tell you they don't make them, if they do they are custom and they need the car and $8k+. Anyone in this thread can verify that.

        Please don't even try to reach some kind of mental compromise where you can claim the RENNTECHs are better than the MHPs at anything because according to the owner there is no comparison. No comparison in power, torque, and MHP stands behind their systems with a lifetime warranty on all parts and workmanship. Customer never would have swapped if RENNTECH took care of the cracked welds, then again why would a RENNTECH header have cracked welds?



        Then I guess the owner of the vehicle got scammed when he paid for "longtubes" and the longtube price and got these?

        As far as you claiming people have fried motor mounts with longtubes, name one person, like lzh said I don't know of anyone with any brand that's ever done that. Same goes for warranty claims, there have been no denials due to LTs that I've ever heard of. Ask MHP directly to chime in, or even MBH or Evosport. Not once have I heard of any of the false issues you mention.



        LOL at your lack of knowledge. Ceramic coating does nothing to keep heat inside the header. Pop the hood on identical cars one with ceramic coating one without, guess what, both make the same amount of underhood heat. Back in the 80s and 90s ceramic coating was the way to go at least for marketing however the quality of todays welds makes it unecessary. The real benefit to ceramic coating back then was to smooth over poor welds, now with inert gas purged TIG welds it is simply not necessary and just adds additional cost. You can have MHP headers coated yourself or they will do it for you however they also strongly recommend against it as a waste of money. Call them yourself and ask, you need some education.

        mthis has a MHP longtube header car in NY and passed emissions without cats. MHP offers cats and emissions legal solutions as do all the longtube vendors. Again you are barking up the wrong tree.



        Try reading a post before responding. Again RENNTECH refused to perform any warranty work and said those headers were sold as is. Customer has the bill of sale so don't even try going down that road. Customer wanted RENNTECH to fix the headers when the welds broke on three separate occassions but they told him no. Point being the welds shouldn't have cracked in the first place and RENNTECH should have stepped up instead of saying it's common for stainless welds to crack.

        You are all about misdirection and ignoring all facts. You are exactly who you try to make me out to be, smoke, mirrors and deception.



        Now you were on the phone with the customer and RENNTECH? BTW this customer dropped over $30k with them on his C63. Makes their response even worse doesn't it?



        How about you can kiss my ass, no one has anything to prove to you and you even state they look like RENNTECH headers (talk about dense) in your own post in bold above. Try again. A picture is worth a 1000 words and you just got your ass kicked.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
        Also, if they were in fact were RENNtech $2000-$8200.00 headers, why didn't customer tried to solve issue with RENNtech?
        This is the part I don't understand.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't think yomama is going to be in Vegas.

        I might not either now as my friend just bailed on me.
        I'm going to Vegas on Thursday.
      1. m54b25's Avatar
        m54b25 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This is the part I don't understand.
        Me neither Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        I'm going to Vegas on Thursday.
        Next thursday I take it?
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Next thursday I take it?
        The next one coming up, Yes. We do our business meetings around the craps tables at the Wynn and Bellagio. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        The next one coming up, Yes. We do our business meetings around the craps tables at the Wynn and Bellagio. Click here to enlarge
        Sounds like something to look forward to. Still don't get craps.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I have 37 unique IP's on record for you, none of them match anyone else.
        37 IP's???? A couple phones, a home computer and a couple office computers how does that total 37? Maybe because office has an offsite server? Oh well, that's for verifying that I am not amg4v
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Look, you need to start backing up your statement.

        All I do is hang out in this forum? I wonder why. Are you seriously this dense?

        First you claimed the Renntech headers "perform" terrible according to you. Now you claim you know someone else that had this exact same thing happen which is a bit too much of a coincidence for me. Stop humping legs and post some concrete info.
        Hey moron
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Joseph,How many IP's do you have for me?JR - some surprises in store for vegas....watch out!!!!!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Joseph,How many IP's do you have for me?JR - some surprises in store for vegas....watch out!!!!!!!
        13, but from all over the world.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't think yomama is going to be in Vegas.

        I might not either now as my friend just bailed on me.
        I was talking about Earls wife, you replied to his post about the remote control, that was Earls post, right?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I was talking about Earls wife, you replied to his post about the remote control, that was Earls post, right?
        I was replying to you saying Earl's wife would be in Vegas which you stated to Yomama and I said I did not think Yomama would be there during the time period you guys will be.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Look, you need to start backing up your statement.

        All I do is hang out in this forum? I wonder why. Are you seriously this dense?

        First you claimed the Renntech headers "perform" terrible according to you. Now you claim you know someone else that had this exact same thing happen which is a bit too much of a coincidence for me. Stop humping legs and post some concrete info.
        Listen dude,

        I said that the person that I knew had the exact same headers, I did not say the same thing happened to him. He is the same person that I raced and the same person that is replacing those terrible headers with the MBH headers.


        again, stop putting claims on me and get a life dude
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Joseph,How many IP's do you have for me?JR - some surprises in store for vegas....watch out!!!!!!!
        I have an idea Click here to enlarge

        I will be heading to the track tomorrow morning, new tune and new wheels and tires but not the new hood Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        Listen dude,

        I said that the person that I knew had the exact same headers, I did not say the same thing happened to him. He is the same person that I raced and the same person that is replacing those terrible headers with the MBH headers.

        again, stop putting claims on me and get a life dude
        I expect you to back your claims up with evidence especially when making damaging ones. You typing you raced someone is not evidence of anything, especially Renntech header quality.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mark@renntech Click here to enlarge
        Hello,

        My name is Mark and I am employed by RENNtech. One of my duties here involves handling issues such as this when they arise on a public forum. I was forwarded a link to this thread by a customer who caught wind of this on the forum and sent the link onto me. I have unfortunately never posted on the site and this first post is an effort to shed a little light on the matter.

        To start, my intentions with this post are to weed through any misconceptions or misinformation and in the end to both resolve the issue and help the customer. I have gone though our records here and the only customer in Texas (as mentioned in a previous post) which fits the description of these parts for this vehicle; was sold in June of 2009. These headers were sold as a package consisting of our ECU tune, the shorty headers and a limited slip differential to Turbochargers.com in Houston whom most likely did the installation. From then, there is no indication or record of the customer or shop contacting us regarding any problem with these headers. It is obvious that these headers have been repaired by someone and a very poor job done. If this is that set of RENNtech headers purchased through us or one of our dealers when they were new and a problem would have occurred; we would have done whatever necessary to take care of it. All of our products come with a warranty, including our headers and any problem or unlikely defects are repaired or replaced at no cost to the customer. Period. Based on the shear volume of exhaust components we sell, very rarely do we ever have a problem with any of our units. In an earlier post it is indicated that further exhaust modifications were preformed to the vehicle (such as the catalytic converters removed) with the possibility other modification done above and beyond that. This certainly may have contributed to the failure of the component to begin with. It was also mentioned repeatedly that this vehicle was at RENNtech for the installation. This insinuates that we were responsible for the installation and had prior knowledge of this customerís issue. This is not the case. We stand by our products and strive to offer the highest customer service. As everyone knows, problems do arise at times and the difference between us and the competition is customer service. How you are treated before, during and well after the sale is what sets others apart and can make or break a company. After more than 20 years and hundreds of repeat customers; we continue to produce some of the finest performance products on the market and offer unmatched customer service. Since this thread is in regards to a cracked header, here is a perfect real world example of how we do business when problems arise on a matter similar to this-a thread located on mbworld regarding a cracked header:

        Title: RENNtech header cracked again??? in the W211 forum
        (sorry no direct link as a link requires rep. points)

        That is how we strive to take care of our customers even long after a warranty period ends or if a problem ever occurs. Without the forum finger pointing or ridiculous insinuations that a customer was to deal with the problem alone with no interest or assistance on our behalf, any member who has direct involvement with this is welcomed to contact me directly at 561-845-7888 x23 to answer any questions or resolve anything regarding this matter

        Thanks everyone for your time concerning this.
        Very thorough post. Kudos.

        One point of feedback: paragraphs really help the readers out. Click here to enlarge
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Some of you know me personally and some know me from online forums. If you review my post history, you will know that in situations like this, I try to stay neutral until I collect all the facts and I try to give each party a chance to tell their story before making an assumption or passing judgement.

        I have still not been able to contact the customer directly but I was indeed able to talk to RENNtech and also to Kevin (the owner of the shop who was involved in ordering the upgrades for the customer and who fixed the RENNtech headers 3 times).

        In the mean time, here's what I gathered (and looks like Mark from RENNtech beat me to it Click here to enlarge)...


        - This incident is very old and the parts were ordered over 2 years ago, so it wasn't something that just happened recently.

        - Two years ago, RENNtech did NOT have any long-tube headers nor did they ever advertise any long-tube headers for the C63 at that time. They were only selling shorty headers.

        - The parts were NOT ordered directly from RENNtech, Florida. They were ordered through Turbochargers Inc in Texas which was a RENNtech dealer at the time.

        - John (the owner of the shop who fixed the RENNtech headers) claimed that Turbocharagers went out of business 2 to 3 months after the customer purchased all the RENNtech upgrades.

        - All initial installation was done at Turbocharagers, Inc.... and since they appear to have tried to modify the exhaust as was posted earlier, it is certainly possible that they have misused, mishandled, or misinstalled the headers in the process.

        - John said he contacted someone at RENNtech in regards to the cracked headers and the sales person (who he is not sure what his name was) asked for the headers to be sent back to RENNtech for examination so that they can see whether it can be repaired or replaced.

        - John remembers that the sales person told him that the process may take 3 to 4 weeks, so he (and the customer) decided to fix the headers themselves in order to avoid the long wait time.

        - John personally welded the headers using MIG welds - all three times.

        - RENNtech (to this date) can not validate such a call. However, based on their excellent history of warrantying their products and helping customers as been shown in multiple threads, it is safe to say that some miscommunication may have occured at the time since this seems very unlike them given their great reputation and excellent customer service history.

        - The car was NEVER shipped to RENNtech to install long tube headers as was claimed earlier in this thread.


        A few personal notes....

        1) To me, it is not un-reasonable for any company to request to examine their product before issuing a new one to the customer under warranty since otherwise they can fall victims to abusers and potentially lose a lot of money.
        RENNtech rightfully requested to examine the header to make sure it was one of theirs and that the problem was indeed a manufacturing defect and NOT an installation issue. To my knowledge, almost all companies do the same thing.

        2) Since RENNtech did NOT sell the product directly to the customer, an invoice would be meaningless. Consider this for example, RENNtech sells a set of headers to their dealer for $3k and the dealer turns around and sells it to a customer for $5k. Does that mean RENNtech charged $5k for the headers? No. And what's more... they could never control that!

        3) RENNtech is not perfect (and I doubt any company is), but from personal experiences and encounters with RENNtech (through my car and friends' cars), they've always been willing to do what it takes to take care of their customer. They take customer service very seriously

        Rest assured that I will continue to try to contact the customer and I'm also working on getting RENNtech to become a sponsor on this forum so that they are able to defend their reputation more freely and offer us BenzBoost members group discounts on RENNtech products. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Some of you know me personally and some know me from online forums. If you review my post history, you will know that in situations like this, I try to stay neutral until I collect all the facts and I try to give each party a chance to tell their story before making an assumption or passing judgement.

        I have still not been able to contact the customer directly but I was indeed able to talk to RENNtech and also to Kevin (the owner of the shop who was involved in ordering the upgrades for the customer and who fixed the RENNtech headers 3 times).

        In the mean time, here's what I gathered (and looks like Mark from RENNtech beat me to it Click here to enlarge)...


        - This incident is very old and the parts were ordered over 2 years ago, so it wasn't something that just happened recently.

        - Two years ago, RENNtech did NOT have any long-tube headers nor did they ever advertise any long-tube headers for the C63 at that time. They were only selling shorty headers.

        - The parts were NOT ordered directly from RENNtech, Florida. They were ordered through Turbochargers Inc in Texas which was a RENNtech dealer at the time.

        - John (the owner of the shop who fixed the RENNtech headers) claimed that Turbocharagers went out of business 2 to 3 months after the customer purchased all the RENNtech upgrades.

        - All initial installation was done at Turbocharagers, Inc.... and since they appear to have tried to modify the exhaust as was posted earlier, it is certainly possible that they have misused, mishandled, or misinstalled the headers in the process.

        - John said he contacted someone at RENNtech in regards to the cracked headers and the sales person (who he is not sure what his name was) asked for the headers to be sent back to RENNtech for examination so that they can see whether it can be repaired or replaced.

        - John remembers that the sales person told him that the process may take 3 to 4 weeks, so he (and the customer) decided to fix the headers themselves in order to avoid the long wait time.

        - John personally welded the headers using MIG welds - all three times.

        - RENNtech (to this date) can not validate such a call. However, based on their excellent history of warrantying their products and helping customers as been shown in multiple threads, it is safe to say that some miscommunication may have occured at the time since this seems very unlike them given their great reputation and excellent customer service history.

        - The car was NEVER shipped to RENNtech to install long tube headers as was claimed earlier in this thread.


        A few personal notes....

        1) To me, it is not un-reasonable for any company to request to examine their product before issuing a new one to the customer under warranty since otherwise they can fall victims to abusers and potentially lose a lot of money.
        RENNtech rightfully requested to examine the header to make sure it was one of theirs and that the problem was indeed a manufacturing defect and NOT an installation issue. To my knowledge, almost all companies do the same thing.

        2) Since RENNtech did NOT sell the product directly to the customer, an invoice would be meaningless. Consider this for example, RENNtech sells a set of headers to their dealer for $3k and the dealer turns around and sells it to a customer for $5k. Does that mean RENNtech charged $5k for the headers? No. And what's more... they could never control that!

        3) RENNtech is not perfect (and I doubt any company is), but from personal experiences and encounters with RENNtech (through my car and friends' cars), they've always been willing to do what it takes to take care of their customer. They take customer service very seriously

        Rest assured that I will continue to try to contact the customer and I'm also working on getting RENNtech to become a sponsor on this forum so that they are able to defend their reputation more freely and offer us BenzBoost members group discounts on RENNtech products. Click here to enlarge
        Thank you for the additional clarification Mo. 2 years is a long time... this is resurfacing in an odd way but Renntech clarified and answered all questions so consumers should be even more confident in their approach and products.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        I am personally not a Renntech fan but their response here and lay out of the facts makes it quite clear someone was trying to smear them for personal gain.