• Comparison of MHP long tube and Renntech shorty M156 headers show poor weld and product quality from Renntech

      Pictures of these Renntech headers (it was confirmed these are in fact from Renntech Florida) were posted up by a BenzBoost user. We all know MHP makes a high quality product and that is seen here with what is clearly the MHP long tube setup. What is stated as the Renntech header appears to be a modified stock setup and clearly is not a long tube or race setup as we were told the customer asked for. An additional claim is that these are $8000 dollar headers from Renntech but in an article posted last week we showed the Renntech long tube headers which are ceramic coated for that price and they look nothing like these.

      We suggest you come to your own conclusion but there is no denying the terrible welds and simply poor quality of the shorty headers seen here vs. MHP. What one can definitively take away is the MHP long tube option is a solid one. We will wait on comments from Renntech and continue to state that Renntech is a high quality option. We also believe Renntech offers a warranty on exhaust pieces so if the owner was upset and this was a Renntech piece this issue would have been taken care of by quality customer service.















      * It was confirmed that these are in fact headers from Renntech Florida.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: RENNTECH versus MHP Headers Pics started by JBond View original post
      Comments 271 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Only in threads I start Joe, correct?
        Correct.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Best solution would be to put them in their own thread.

        Nice to see Renntech and the customer are communicating as I had hoped, thanks Mo for taking the proper, positive actions.
        Mo wouldn't have known about this issue and obviously we can't speculate if RTs want to facilitate a solution would be the same had this thread not been posted.

        Minus all the BS, the thread did what it was intended to do, too bad it wasn't 8 pages shorter but it is the internet afterall...
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Best solution would be to put them in their own thread.

        Nice to see Renntech and the customer are communicating as I had hoped, thanks Mo for taking the proper, positive actions.
        I'm also happy for the the customer and appreciative for Mo's hard work - I would have however liked to have know in the original post that these headers were 2+ years old, had been repaired, were not bought directly from Renntech but from one of their dealers who is now out of business, etc...you know....in the interest of full disclosure and all....
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You have enough reputation to put him into negative numbers and get him to stop posting on your own... it isn't anywhere near as easy here as it is elsewhere.
        Negative rep points don't stop trolls from posting, notice amg4v posted again today despite having disfavorable member feedback.

        Not telling you how to run your site but if you see an obvious troll it may be best to eliminate them immediately vs letting them post libel about one of your supporting sponsors and allowing it to remain posted?

        Thanks
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I'm also happy for the the customer and appreciative for Mo's hard work - I would have however liked to have know in the original post that these headers were 2+ years old, had been repaired, were not bought directly from Renntech but from one of their dealers who is now out of business, etc...you know....in the interest of full disclosure and all....
        Some facts are not agreed upon by both parties, and in the interest of not sticking our nose in someone else's business any further that's all I will say.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I'm also happy for the the customer and appreciative for Mo's hard work - I would have however liked to have know in the original post that these headers were 2+ years old, had been repaired, were not bought directly from Renntech but from one of their dealers who is now out of business, etc...you know....in the interest of full disclosure and all....
        I would have liked all of that as well.

        To be perfectly honest with everyone here, I was aware of these pictures earlier and had my own copy (as I assume several people did) but refrained from posting them due to not having all the details and also having many other articles waiting in a queue. The pictures were posted and then I scrambled to add all the proper info which we should all thank Mo for really investigating and providing. My goal is simply the honest and correct information.

        The internet isn't perfect but all the information is now here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Negative rep points don't stop trolls from posting, notice amg4v posted again today despite having disfavorable member feedback.
        Yes they do, negative numbers stop a user from posting.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes they do, negative numbers stop a user from posting.
        "you must spread reputation around before rating this user again"

        Not when you see that message everytime. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        "you must spread reputation around before rating this user again"

        Not when you see that message everytime. Click here to enlarge
        Ah, ok, another feature that is coming with the users having the ability to ban from threads is rep spread cut in half.

        Can't give too much power to just one person as I know we will have someone who will just target one person and... well, that is how it was before rep spread was put in as a safety valve.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Ah, ok, another feature that is coming with the users having the ability to ban from threads is rep spread cut in half.

        Can't give too much power to just one person as I know we will have someone who will just target one person and... well, that is how it was before rep spread was put in as a safety valve.
        Not sure what you mean by "rep spread cut in half" but I'm sure it's for the better. Obvious trolls like amg4v and amg4me I target everytime especially when they post lies about me or my business. Would be nice if that wasn't the sponsor's job but the boards.

        psst post #269. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Not sure what you mean by "rep spread cut in half" but I'm sure it's for the better. Obvious trolls like amg4v and amg4me I target everytime especially when they post lies about me or my business. Would be nice if that wasn't the sponsor's job but the boards.

        psst post #269. Click here to enlarge
        Basically what it means is instead of having to spread to 10 people as it is currently, you would only have to spread to 5 meaning you could rep the same person twice as fast. Which is what you want Click here to enlarge
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Basically what it means is instead of having to spread to 10 people as it is currently, you would only have to spread to 5 meaning you could rep the same person twice as fast. Which is what you want Click here to enlarge
        Definitely a good idea.
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        How do you know that MHP and HWA don't have a relationship? I mean, really. We're all internet people and don't know $#@! about each other (mostly).
        Because they have real people, real engineers working there on their payrol doing their R&D themself.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Because they have real people, real engineers working there on their payrol doing their R&D themself.
        Yes and in 2 weeks I'll post pics from the pits of the last DTM race of the season at Hockenheim standing with those "real engineers", after lapping the SLS GT3 in full race trim of course. HWA does not manufacture it's own camshafts, Fact.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Basically what it means is instead of having to spread to 10 people as it is currently, you would only have to spread to 5 meaning you could rep the same person twice as fast. Which is what you want Click here to enlarge
        That is good. Click here to enlarge

        Now if you could please help with the present troll situation and the libel they have posted (owing customers $, etc) it would be great.

        Thanks
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Luke,

        I'll answer the part directed at me.

        The first quote about more HP/TQ, I can see your point--though the comments are nothing close to what has been posted by trolls like 63Master, etc in this thread. No knock against RT but I think they would also agree those headers aren't going to make more power or torque than ours. Different strokes for different folks.

        As for a lifetime warranty on parts and workmanship, isn't that industry standard now as well? I assumed it was?

        The second statement about passing emissions is simply a statement of facts. Every vendor that I know of as well offers both cats and no cats for their headers. mthis did in fact pass NY emissions w/out cats. No mention of RT or any kind of comparison.

        I think you're stretching a bit to prove your point as far as this goes.

        As for jbond "lying" to cover his identity. Why are you not all over AMG4V or AMG4me as they are clearly defaming a supporting vendor/sponsor (me/MHP) with false accusations and outright lies? Selective prosecution?

        Thanks to Mo and this thread there may be satisfactory resolution for both parties which is more than anyone else in this thread has done for a customer of any vendor. Instead of trying to pick everything apart to the bone try doing something positive or helping someone out vs always name calling and talking $#@!.

        Just MHO, take it or leave it.

        Thanks
        No lies from me, only cold hard facts.
        You must be talking about yourself?
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Because they have real people, real engineers working there on their payrol doing their R&D themself.
        That's exactly the reason why they would work together. Maybe MHP sought out HWA's assistance, because HWA can aid MHP with something. Did you consider such a possibility? Assuming I'm right... why would HWA do such a thing? I dunno... but money makes the world go 'round.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        That is good. Click here to enlarge

        Now if you could please help with the present troll situation and the libel they have posted (owing customers $, etc) it would be great.

        Thanks
        Andy, the present troll situation is one the built in rep system will have to take care of.

        Regarding libel, PM me a link and I will review it.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        That's exactly the reason why they would work together. Maybe MHP sought out HWA's assistance, because HWA can aid MHP with something. Did you consider such a possibility? Assuming I'm right... why would HWA do such a thing? I dunno... but money makes the world go 'round.
        Per usual, nail on head. We needed software help with the sticks as I've admitted before, and what do you know, our cams when ground to the appropriate spec are vastly superior for reasons already mentioned to the stock sticks.

        For the sake of the cam wear thread and all the trolls around here lately, again, we will never make OEM replacement cams due to that case so please let's not even go there.

        I don't think people realize HWA was a tiny shop before they began working with AMG. Also that AMG was also insignificant and small until they began working with MB. That's the reality of the situation.
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Yes and in 2 weeks I'll post pics from the pits of the last DTM race of the season at Hockenheim standing with those "real engineers", after lapping the SLS GT3 in full race trim of course. HWA does not manufacture it's own camshafts, Fact.
        Damn are full of yourself or what?
        I am sure they have cams cast somewhere, but design, grinding and testing is done in house, period.
        And a picture posing with some guys in HWA uniforms in Hockenheim doesn't mean anything. They do that for the tourists, that is what the DTM is known for, the fans are very close, can take pictures and take pictures with crew and imagin that with the drivers too.