• Comparison of MHP long tube and Renntech shorty M156 headers show poor weld and product quality from Renntech

      Pictures of these Renntech headers (it was confirmed these are in fact from Renntech Florida) were posted up by a BenzBoost user. We all know MHP makes a high quality product and that is seen here with what is clearly the MHP long tube setup. What is stated as the Renntech header appears to be a modified stock setup and clearly is not a long tube or race setup as we were told the customer asked for. An additional claim is that these are $8000 dollar headers from Renntech but in an article posted last week we showed the Renntech long tube headers which are ceramic coated for that price and they look nothing like these.

      We suggest you come to your own conclusion but there is no denying the terrible welds and simply poor quality of the shorty headers seen here vs. MHP. What one can definitively take away is the MHP long tube option is a solid one. We will wait on comments from Renntech and continue to state that Renntech is a high quality option. We also believe Renntech offers a warranty on exhaust pieces so if the owner was upset and this was a Renntech piece this issue would have been taken care of by quality customer service.















      * It was confirmed that these are in fact headers from Renntech Florida.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: RENNTECH versus MHP Headers Pics started by JBond View original post
      Comments 271 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Ok gentlemen, found out what was going on.

        Posts were reported and certain users were asked to be banned from this thread. Those requests WILL NOT BE HONORED as only supporting vendors have the ability to ban users from a thread at the moment and this thread was not created by a supporting vendor.

        Had a little chat with the staff and all is clear now.

        This thread has clearly become a witch hunt from multiple angles and I intend to start cracking down as I have had my fill. Renntech was given the opportunity to respond and at this point this thread is filled with pointless vitriol from some overly aggressive users and vendors alike.

        I don't like closing threads, I really don't, so please everyone calm down. Making a mountain out of nothing, you guys make me pull my hair out sometimes. Is this really what you want to do with more freedom? This thread is making certain vendors look bad as well as the board and that is starting to piss me off.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Dodger63, 75F 10.78@132+ nat aspirated. +1400' DA. Not 5000' but that was a blanket statement if I've ever read one.

        Superchargers can mitigate DA especially when altitude is the main factor. In vegas we know it's not humidity, though there is heat and again altitude. Ice in the trunk and race gas help with heat and the supercharger although not a turbo which can make full boost at either altitude, is certainly helping vs inhaling NA.

        63Master is a troll plain and simple and should be banned along with amg4v, amg4me and the rest.
        I'm not playing paper racing games. I would put money on any of these supercharged cars eating a bolt on car alive. Simple way to settle it, how about a race?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Easy answer for me. I didn't.

        I just hit the exclamation button and reported the posts.

        I don't see the option to ban myself, never have.
        Excellent, I was concerned for a moment. Glad the feature works though, you guys can expect to have it soon as part of an extra options subscription package which will give you much more power and control.

        That should please everyone I hope.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm not playing paper racing games. I would put money on any of these supercharged cars eating a bolt on car alive. Simple way to settle it, how about a race?
        Since this is up my alley, absolutely, we'd love to race anyone that wants to give it a go. Of course I and I hope most others realize FI vs N/A isn't fair. FI vs Nitrous, well that battle's been raging for decades and I don't think it gets any more fair.

        You're right, a car with the same or more mods, less weight, etc should have no problems beating a car modded with the same parts less the supercharger. Even if all things were equal between cars except for the blower, of course the supercharged car should win.

        I invited Earl to MIR but due to his schedule he likely cannot make the event however it looks like he'll be at Bradenton. I'm sure Keith will go if Earl is making the trip meaning I'll fly down as well. May not be MIR but will likely be the only chance we'll get, at least this year, of seeing a FI vs nitrous 63 shootout. I'll get HD vids for you to post no worries.

        Also I wouldn't say any supercharged car. Supercharged S1 otherwise stock on 91 octane made 7rwhp less on the same CA dynojet as one of our S2 cars (header/tune). Customer is "4Ramin" on MBW.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Since this is up my alley, absolutely, we'd love to race anyone that wants to give it a go. Of course I and I hope most others realize FI vs N/A isn't fair. FI vs Nitrous, well that battle's been raging for decades and I don't think it gets any more fair.

        You're right, a car with the same or more mods, less weight, etc should have no problems beating a car modded with the same parts less the supercharger. Even if all things were equal between cars except for the blower, of course the supercharged car should win.

        I invited Earl to MIR but due to his schedule he likely cannot make the event however it looks like he'll be at Bradenton. I'm sure Keith will go if Earl is making the trip meaning I'll fly down as well. May not be MIR but will likely be the only chance we'll get, at least this year, of seeing a FI vs nitrous 63 shootout. I'll get HD vids for you to post no worries.

        Also I wouldn't say any supercharged car. Supercharged S1 otherwise stock on 91 octane made 7rwhp less on the same CA dynojet as one of our S2 cars (header/tune). Customer is "4Ramin" on MBW.
        Is there any MHP car on the West Coast?

        If not, how about just a modded vehicle on the West Coast with bolt on's that can be coaxed out to Vegas?

        Time to put this crap to rest, let's get someone out to the track with two supercharged Weistec cars.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Is there any MHP car on the West Coast?
        Apparently as many as there are supercharged 63s on the East Coast? We have 1 in CA.

        If not, how about just a modded vehicle on the West Coast with bolt on's that can be coaxed out to Vegas?
        That would prove what exactly? Why not just run at Bandimere? What's the point of running at one of the Worst tracks in the world? It may be convenient for you but nobody wants to run at Vegas. I really don't know of anyone with a modded C63 in vegas sorry...

        Time to put this crap to rest, let's get someone out to the track with two supercharged Weistec cars.
        Last I checked there were 2 weistec cars at vegas and they both ran 10s@130+, what's wrong with Bradenton in Jan?

        You made an untrue statement about N/A cars needing negative DA to run the number, well that's obviously not the case so I hope you didn't take offense to it.

        Not following you on this. What crap and why does it seem like you're turning this into a Weistec vs thread? It's not about weistec or MHP, it's about a set of headers.

        No one's said anything but good things about them in this thread or any other I can see.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        That would prove what exactly? Why not just run at Bandimere? What's the point of running at one of the Worst tracks in the world?
        Who cares what track? The idea is same time same place. I'm sick of comparing slips in different conditions at different times from different tracks. It would prove everything to have both approaches run at the same place, same time. Doesn't even matter what track unless one wants to protect inflated times...

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        It may be convenient for you but nobody wants to run at Vegas. I really don't know of anyone with a modded C63 in vegas sorry...
        No worries, would be difficult to find someone and I really wouldn't blame anyone with bolt on's for not wanting to line up next to these.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        You made an untrue statement about N/A cars needing negative DA to run the number, well that's obviously not the case so I hope you didn't take offense to it.

        Not following you on this. What crap and why does it seem like you're turning this into a Weistec vs thread? It's not about weistec or MHP, it's about a set of headers.
        Andy, I think everyone can see this is about much more than a set of headers at this point.

        I'm not turning this into anything as the thread is such a cluster$#@! at this point it is hard to even tell what it was or is.

        Jbond was making bold claims posting numbers, I'm just saying anyone is welcome to back any of them up as last I checked it is a public day in Vegas and two supercharged cars will be there.

        Would be much more fun to actually do some real comparisons rather than just the negativity that was in here earlier. Don't think anyone will disagree.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Who cares what track? The idea is same time same place. I'm sick of comparing slips in different conditions at different times from different tracks. It would prove everything to have both approaches run at the same place, same time. Doesn't even matter what track unless one wants to protect inflated times...
        Track location matters because depending on where it is the N/A car will be more disadvantaged due to the reasons I posted above. If you run at a track with good air both will perform optimally.

        Yeah I guess dodgers times are inflated with over 100+ passes in the 10s @ 130+ N/A at 3 different tracks. Keiths overall record run at Bradenton shouldn't count either, it was only 1600 or 1800+ DA on his 6th pass with a 160 shot ever. Let's all run in Denver...

        No worries, would be difficult to find someone and I really wouldn't blame anyone with bolt on's for not wanting to line up next to these.
        You would know better than I who's out there to run, since it's your part of the country. Otherwise I guess you'll have to see a fair race at Bradenton FI vs Spray.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Andy, I think everyone can see this is about much more than a set of headers at this point.
        I guess that depends which side of the witch hunt you're on.

        I'm not turning this into anything as the thread is such a cluster$#@! at this point it is hard to even tell what it was or is.
        There was no mention of weistec or a supercharged car vs a N/A car until you posted it just now?

        Jbond was making bold claims posting numbers, I'm just saying anyone is welcome to back any of them up as last I checked it is a public day in Vegas and two supercharged cars will be there.

        jbond didn't make any claims, he just reminded you that dodger ran the overall N/A record in positive DA. You said no N/A car could run such times unless they were in negative DA. I must have missed something there as well.

        We have had a standing offer to race anyone with the same mods or at least similar mods for over 3 years. I'm sure Vegas will be fun for you but there are far better places to race and only so many days said customers can make a race. None that I know are willing to go all the way to Vegas to run at a crap track. They are hard pressed as it is to make the MIR, ATCO, and other rentals. A good example would be Earl not being able to make MIR. Everyone's busy, such is life.

        Would be much more fun to actually do some real comparisons rather than just the negativity that was in here earlier. Don't think anyone will disagree.
        No $#@!. Let's go to the track, notice we do that more than ANY other tuner?

        No need to create any false animosity between the N/A and blown guys, worst case Jan will have to suffice and with both Earl and Keith's cars there it will be a blast for everyone no matter who wins.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Dodger63, 75F 10.78@132+ nat aspirated. +1400' DA. Not 5000' but that was a blanket statement if I've ever read one.

        Superchargers can mitigate DA especially when altitude is the main factor. In vegas we know it's not humidity, though there is heat and again altitude. Ice in the trunk and race gas help with heat and the supercharger although not a turbo which can make full boost at either altitude, is certainly helping vs inhaling NA.

        63Master is a troll plain and simple and should be banned along with amg4v, amg4me and the rest.
        Hey man,
        I'm on your side. Is this what you do to people who stand by your side?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        I guess that depends which side of the witch hunt you're on.
        I don't see this as an issue where one has to choose one side or the other. Does not make sense to deal in absolutes, at least from here. There can be good points from both sides, if not 3 or more...

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        There was no mention of weistec or a supercharged car vs a N/A car until you posted it just now?
        Actually 63master implied that the times with the blower were weak (reference post #196, page 8) and then I stated the conditions and DA played a factor. That is when you interjected and I said it would be great to see a head to head comparison to definitively answer this question. That is how we are now at where we are.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        None that I know are willing to go all the way to Vegas to run at a crap track.
        Too bad, not sure how else to arrange something like that as those aren't my cars and that isn't my decision. All I know is they will be there on that date.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't see this as an issue where one has to choose one side or the other. Does not make sense to deal in absolutes, at least from here. There can be good points from both sides, if not 3 or more...
        Meaning, you either care more about the information or the source--even though the source has provided all necessary info to those in the know that can actually help the customer. You decide.

        Actually 63master implied that the times with the blower were weak (reference post #196, page 8) and then I stated the conditions and DA played a factor. That is when you interjected and I said it would be great to see a head to head comparison to definitively answer this question. That is how we are now at where we are.
        63Master is obviously a troll and his comments should not be taken seriously, same goes for AMG4v and AMG4Me. I just reread that section of the thread and nowhere did I say anything about seeing a head to head comparison until after you stated any supercharged C63 would beat any bolt-on N/A C63--which as I explained via PM isn't going to happen. A supercharged S1 car (stock besides blower) isn't going to beat Mike's/dodger's N/A bolt-on car Ever. He ran that 10.78@132.45 in 75F, if we can find negative DA this fall vs 1400'+ it's going to be interesting to say the least. Cost wise the N/A route is also less expensive and we haven't seen anyone with a voided warranty due to bolt-ons either.

        Now if you want to push into s2 supercharged territory since all other supporting mods are now in place the blower car should without question eat the N/A car alive. Thankfully nitrous makes for a fair comparison vs FI and also some parity. The downside to the S2 supercharged car is that it has to run race gas while the N/A car can still run pump.

        Too bad, not sure how else to arrange something like that as those aren't my cars and that isn't my decision. All I know is they will be there on that date.
        Keith's shipping his car to MIR so it can be raced as he's going to be too busy with work to do it all himself this year, not sure why others can't or don't want to do this if it is within possibility to do so. Point being getting the fastest together with the fastest, two completely different approaches that should end up with similarly good results.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Meaning, you either care more about the information or the source--even though the source has provided all necessary info to those in the know that can actually help the customer. You decide
        I mean exactly what I said, no need to choose any sides. I think it is best to examine all sides of all the issues presented here. Everyone is getting their say, I'm happy with that.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        63Master is obviously a troll and his comments should not be taken seriously
        I don't take him seriously but if he took what he said seriously he should go lay down some numbers or make some runs. Yes, he is trolling to an extent although he is trying to troll helping you.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Keith's shipping his car to MIR so it can be raced as he's going to be too busy with work to do it all himself this year, not sure why others can't or don't want to do this if it is within possibility to do so. Point being getting the fastest together with the fastest, two completely different approaches that should end up with similarly good results.
        I think all the approaches are awesome. I also think the M156 scene is ready for some blower vs. NA battles and that is the next logical (and big) step.
      1. AMG4ME's Avatar
        AMG4ME -
        This thread is a joke Andy is jbond!!!!
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge


        Actually 63master implied that the times with the blower were weak (reference post #196, page 8) and then I stated the conditions and DA played a factor. That is when you interjected and I said it would be great to see a head to head comparison to definitively answer this question. That is how we are now at where we are.


        .
        Listen dude. I never said they were weak. Why do you keep putting cliams on me? I said that the for the money jrcart spent, he should have at least achieved the same time that MHP achived.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge


        63Master is obviously a troll and his comments should not be taken seriously, same goes for AMG4v and AMG4Me. .
        I think its the other way around, as some are not taking your comments seriously. I always speak high of you and your products and this is what I get?. Instead of creating multipule usernames and acting like a dumbs*** trolling the internet forums and causing trouble among vendors, why dont you stop wasting your time and invest it in something useful like having a good relationship with other vendors and advertising your products through them. Ever asked yourself why you dont have many customers in Socal?. What a moron, get a life dude. No wonder you were banned from Mbworld.
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        You can stop posting as well. Dads is on the forum, ask him where his cams are. HWA. Too bad you don't know what that stands for. Goodbye.
        Are you referring to HWA AG, the company that builds and runs the DTM cars, black series?

        Boy, then you REALLY need help, you are so far in la la land you will not find your way back out. HWA doesn't know who Andy or MHP is, or anything about the cams of your that are obviously NOT working.
        Just dreaming about it and telling everybody about it will not make it real.

        Also, if there is anybody here that still had some doubts if jbond is really Andy himself, he just answered that for you.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Are you referring to HWA AG, the company that builds and runs the DTM cars, black series?

        Boy, then you REALLY need help, you are so far in la la land you will not find your way back out. HWA doesn't know who Andy or MHP is, or anything about the cams of your that are obviously NOT working.
        Just dreaming about it and telling everybody about it will not make it real.

        Also, if there is anybody here that still had some doubts if jbond is really Andy himself, he just answered that for you.
        How do you know that MHP and HWA don't have a relationship? I mean, really. We're all internet people and don't know $#@! about each other (mostly).
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Everyone really needs to calm the $#@! down.