Close

    • Comparison of MHP long tube and Renntech shorty M156 headers show poor weld and product quality from Renntech

      Pictures of these Renntech headers (it was confirmed these are in fact from Renntech Florida) were posted up by a BenzBoost user. We all know MHP makes a high quality product and that is seen here with what is clearly the MHP long tube setup. What is stated as the Renntech header appears to be a modified stock setup and clearly is not a long tube or race setup as we were told the customer asked for. An additional claim is that these are $8000 dollar headers from Renntech but in an article posted last week we showed the Renntech long tube headers which are ceramic coated for that price and they look nothing like these.

      We suggest you come to your own conclusion but there is no denying the terrible welds and simply poor quality of the shorty headers seen here vs. MHP. What one can definitively take away is the MHP long tube option is a solid one. We will wait on comments from Renntech and continue to state that Renntech is a high quality option. We also believe Renntech offers a warranty on exhaust pieces so if the owner was upset and this was a Renntech piece this issue would have been taken care of by quality customer service.















      * It was confirmed that these are in fact headers from Renntech Florida.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: RENNTECH versus MHP Headers Pics started by JBond View original post
      Comments 271 Comments
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Per usual, nail on head. We needed software help with the sticks as I've admitted before, and what do you know, our cams when ground to the appropriate spec are vastly superior for reasons already mentioned to the stock sticks.

        For the sake of the cam wear thread and all the trolls around here lately, again, we will never make OEM replacement cams due to that case so please let's not even go there.

        I don't think people realize HWA was a tiny shop before they began working with AMG. Also that AMG was also insignificant and small until they began working with MB. That's the reality of the situation.
        Correcting again:

        HWA got spun off AMG by Hans Werner Aufrecht when it got sold to Mercedes with the contract to do the DTM and all sportscar racing.
        HWA never was a small company, quite the opposit, that was immediately over night a big high tech company designing, building and campaigning Mercedes/AMG in the DTM.
        You need to snap out of that dream for yours, and quit telling these ferry tails
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        That's exactly the reason why they would work together. Maybe MHP sought out HWA's assistance, because HWA can aid MHP with something. Did you consider such a possibility? Assuming I'm right... why would HWA do such a thing? I dunno... but money makes the world go 'round.
        No because Andy/MHP couldn't afford that.
        And the fact that the cams from MHP don't work is proof of it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        No because Andy/MHP couldn't afford that.
        And the fact that the cams from MHP don't work is proof of it.
        Just to clarify, I think everyone is having significant issues with non-standard cams. Jim tried SLS cams I believe and those didn't work either...
      1. Sincity's Avatar
        Sincity -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        mthis has a MHP longtube header car in NY and passed emissions without cats. MHP offers cats and emissions legal solutions as do all the longtube vendors. Again you are barking up the wrong tree.
        Can someone verify if longtubes (doesn't matter who makes them) w/o cats will pass NV emissions? We use OBDII every year after the first year of ownernship on a brand new car. That is why I went with Kleemann K2. No problem passing our annual OBDII emissions.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        No because Andy/MHP couldn't afford that.
        And the fact that the cams from MHP don't work is proof of it.
        Unless you're his accountant (your post history makes me doubt such a relationship), you're clearly speculating. A dangerous proposition, if accuracy is your goal. Let's just wait and see... shouldn't be long to know what turns out, right?
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Damn are full of yourself or what?
        I am sure they have cams cast somewhere, but design, grinding and testing is done in house, period.
        And a picture posing with some guys in HWA uniforms in Hockenheim doesn't mean anything. They do that for the tourists, that is what the DTM is known for, the fans are very close, can take pictures and take pictures with crew and imagin that with the drivers too.
        No, they presently use MB's cast cams. Again you don't have a clue.

        Yep they let everyone drive the SLS GT3 cars with no limitations in full race trim. LOL.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        No because Andy/MHP couldn't afford that.
        And the fact that the cams from MHP don't work is proof of it.
        Actually they do work perfectly mechanically speaking, they are just too large to accomodate (for us anyway) so we asked for help with the software end. Where it leads time will tell but the more you post the more clear to me it is that you are JimRich.

        All good things to those who wait:

      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Just to clarify, I think everyone is having significant issues with non-standard cams. Jim tried SLS cams I believe and those didn't work either...
        Area under the curve suffers with SLS cams, as does throttle response, all due to software deficiencies.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sincity Click here to enlarge
        Can someone verify if longtubes (doesn't matter who makes them) w/o cats will pass NV emissions? We use OBDII every year after the first year of ownernship on a brand new car. That is why I went with Kleemann K2. No problem passing our annual OBDII emissions.
        The sniffer yes even without cats though we would never recommend off-road headers for street use Click here to enlarge, the OBD portion: Yes if you choose to leave the rear 02s on and use sparkplug foulers to trick the ECU instead of us "disabling" them.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Correcting again:

        HWA got spun off AMG by Hans Werner Aufrecht when it got sold to Mercedes with the contract to do the DTM and all sportscar racing.
        HWA never was a small company, quite the opposit, that was immediately over night a big high tech company designing, building and campaigning Mercedes/AMG in the DTM.
        You need to snap out of that dream for yours, and quit telling these ferry tails
        Again you're wrong. They were miniscule, a tiny company, and it was only after being brought "on board" by MB that they became what they are today.

        For someone that didn't even know who HWA was until they googled it, you might want to quit while you're only 6 feet deep.
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Just to clarify, I think everyone is having significant issues with non-standard cams. Jim tried SLS cams I believe and those didn't work either...
        Of course not, because you need the propper software for it and the SLS cams are a very different design because of the very different intake manifold. The regular 63 engine has a manifold that 2 different runner lenght's, the SLS does not.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Of course not, because you need the propper software for it and the SLS cams are a very different design because of the very different intake manifold. The regular 63 engine has a manifold that 2 different runner lenght's, the SLS does not.
        LOL, so what do the miniscule differences in duration of m156 vs m159 cams have to do with whether or not you're running a single or dual stage intake manifold?

        A: Nothing.

        The problem with running SLS cams in a M156 just as with our cams is the increased duration NOT the intake manifold. For the sake of the forum and it's content please stop posting your BS.

        Thanks
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Again you're wrong. They were miniscule, a tiny company, and it was only after being brought "on board" by MB that they became what they are today.

        For someone that didn't even know who HWA was until they googled it, you might want to quit while you're only 6 feet deep.
        Wow, you do know nothing. you absolutely wrong about HWA. I think you need to Google some more or pay better attention.

        If you are talking AMG, of course they startet out small, IN 1967!!!, when they got sold to AMG they were almost 400 people strong and by far the biggest tuner developing their own 4 valve cylinder heads.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Wow, you do know nothing. you absolutely wrong about HWA. I think you need to Google some more or pay better attention.

        If you are talking AMG, of course they startet out small, IN 1967!!!, when they got sold to AMG they were almost 400 people strong and by far the biggest tuner developing their own 4 valve cylinder heads.
        I'm sure you exchange emails with them weekly as well. JimRich, stop posting.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Of course not, because you need the propper software for it and the SLS cams are a very different design because of the very different intake manifold. The regular 63 engine has a manifold that 2 different runner lenght's, the SLS does not.
        I don't see how this changes the fact the SLS cams did not work in his application yet so there is no reason to single any one person or company out because there are multiple examples of difficulties with cams.
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        I'm sure you exchange emails with them weekly as well. JimRich, stop posting.
        Oh, and you do huh
        Dream on, it doesn't look like you ever come back to us, so sad.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Oh, and you do huh
        Dream on, it doesn't look like you ever come back to us, so sad.
        Until the board decides to take control of the trolls and remove the libel posted earlier we will no longer be posting on this forum.

        Enjoy the JimRich show, I can't stand the nausea anymore.
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't see how this changes the fact the SLS cams did not work in his application yet so there is no reason to single any one person or company out because there are multiple examples of difficulties with cams.
        I just assumed that Andy / MHP / attempted to design their cam to make it work / improve the 63 engine like in the C63, you know to make more power. I thought that is his business. So those cams he came up with, that were supposed to make like this enormous amount of more power (i heard rumors of as much as 60 HP!!) and everybody was waiting for don't seem to work.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        This is quite the thread. for a bunch of someone what successful people, the comments here go beyond stupidity. Can you guys please look at yourself...this is fuking bench racing...nothing more. I mean does anyone really care what the initials stand for? Talk about a pissing contest between the smallest dicks.

        Anyways I have more critical decisions to make ....what colour lawn chairs to get for my trailer and whether to set the pool timer to start at 7:00am or 7:03am and can't be bothered to look at this thread anymore.
      1. AMG4V's Avatar
        AMG4V -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Until the board decides to take control of the trolls and remove the libel posted earlier we will no longer be posting on this forum.

        Enjoy the JimRich show, I can't stand the nausea anymore.
        And with "me" you mean Andy and Jbond?