Close

    • Comparison of MHP long tube and Renntech shorty M156 headers show poor weld and product quality from Renntech

      Pictures of these Renntech headers (it was confirmed these are in fact from Renntech Florida) were posted up by a BenzBoost user. We all know MHP makes a high quality product and that is seen here with what is clearly the MHP long tube setup. What is stated as the Renntech header appears to be a modified stock setup and clearly is not a long tube or race setup as we were told the customer asked for. An additional claim is that these are $8000 dollar headers from Renntech but in an article posted last week we showed the Renntech long tube headers which are ceramic coated for that price and they look nothing like these.

      We suggest you come to your own conclusion but there is no denying the terrible welds and simply poor quality of the shorty headers seen here vs. MHP. What one can definitively take away is the MHP long tube option is a solid one. We will wait on comments from Renntech and continue to state that Renntech is a high quality option. We also believe Renntech offers a warranty on exhaust pieces so if the owner was upset and this was a Renntech piece this issue would have been taken care of by quality customer service.















      * It was confirmed that these are in fact headers from Renntech Florida.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: RENNTECH versus MHP Headers Pics started by JBond View original post
      Comments 271 Comments
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
        Are you referring to HWA AG, the company that builds and runs the DTM cars, black series?

        Boy, then you REALLY need help, you are so far in la la land you will not find your way back out. HWA doesn't know who Andy or MHP is, or anything about the cams of your that are obviously NOT working.
        Just dreaming about it and telling everybody about it will not make it real.

        Also, if there is anybody here that still had some doubts if jbond is really Andy himself, he just answered that for you.
        Yes the same HWA that builds DTM cars/engines, the FIA GT3 SLS, etc:

        Click here to enlarge

        What would they want with a class spec camshaft that was harder, lighter, and had 20% less friction than the stock sticks? Tough one I know...

        Next...
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        I think its the other way around, as some are not taking your comments seriously. I always speak high of you and your products and this is what I get?. Instead of creating multipule usernames and acting like a dumbs*** trolling the internet forums and causing trouble among vendors, why dont you stop wasting your time and invest it in something useful like having a good relationship with other vendors and advertising your products through them. Ever asked yourself why you dont have many customers in Socal?. What a moron, get a life dude. No wonder you were banned from Mbworld.
        I couldn't ask for more or better customers no matter where they are geographically located.

        Having other "vendors" sell your products is the best way to get them knocked off, aside our dealer/distributor network is good enough for us.

        Thanks for playing and goodnight. Since Sticky won't ban obvious trolls you've just made the ignore list along with amg4v and amg4me.

        As for being banned from MBW, the reason was supposedly because of "business ethics", I've already sent Sticky the full email to verify but here's what one of the current and former admins of MBW had to say about MHP's business ethics just a few weeks ago:

        Even Andy (whom you stated to me that you thought was an enemy but you were keeping him close to spy on what he was doing) does not copy or ape software. He has found "the way" and is taking an admiral approach to business ethics.
        Starts with a "B". That should do more than make you wonder.

        Now please stop posting, it's obvious you are a troll and simply trying to add needless drama to this situation. I would never ask a customer of ours to post in a thread like this.

        I'll say it again for those carrying an extra chromosome:

        No one in this thread has made pro-MHP comments, not myself or jbond, only you.

        Your intent is clear, just stop.
        Thanks
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        some people really suck.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        I couldn't ask for more or better customers no matter where they are geographically located.

        Having other "vendors" sell your products is the best way to get them knocked off, aside our dealer/distributor network is good enough for us.

        Thanks for playing and goodnight. Since Sticky won't ban obvious trolls you've just made the ignore list along with amg4v and amg4me.

        As for being banned from MBW, the reason was supposedly because of "business ethics", I've already sent Sticky the full email to verify but here's what one of the current and former admins of MBW had to say about MHP's business ethics just a few weeks ago:



        Starts with a "B". That should do more than make you wonder.

        Now please stop posting, it's obvious you are a troll and simply trying to add needless drama to this situation. I would never ask a customer of ours to post in a thread like this.

        I'll say it again for those carrying an extra chromosome:

        No one in this thread has made pro-MHP comments, not myself or jbond, only you.

        Your intent is clear, just stop.
        Thanks

        Ok Boss.I thought my comments should not be taken seriouslyClick here to enlarge. I dont know what intentions you are talking about. I didnt know saying something good about somebody's products had bad intentions behind it. I never said I was an MHP customer. So calm down, and I will stop posting in this thread. Even though your acting like an 11 year old kid, I still like what you do and how informative you are. Its really sad how you act sometimes.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        some people really suck.
        like you?
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't take him seriously but if he took what he said seriously he should go lay down some numbers or make some runs. Yes, he is trolling to an extent although he is trying to troll helping you.
        No he's not helping me and as a vendor I want him banned. He's obviously a troll here to stir the pot, again as I said, he is the ONLY person in this thread posting pro-MHP anything and that is furthering the drama. Nothing pro-MHP from jbond or MHP LLC, just 63Master. In a thread where MHP isn't the focus I'm sure you see how this agitates the forum. I can.

        I think all the approaches are awesome. I also think the M156 scene is ready for some blower vs. NA battles and that is the next logical (and big) step.
        Joe,

        N/A vs FI is NOT fair. FI vs Nitrous is fair. Power adder vs Power adder. Not Power adder vs N/A.

        Thanks
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Okay fellas.... I'm going to try to land this thread back on-topic. With all the negativity and attacks that have taken place between members, I was starting to lose faith that a good outcome was possible but after last night, I think I'm a little hopeful again.

        I was finally able to contact the customer and get his side of the story. Dan is a very nice and straight forward guy. When I told him about the thread and how wild it got, he told me that such scenario was definitely NOT his intention with this thread: he just wanted it to be a quick comparison of the two headers and not a bashing ground between members, vendors, and forums. At this time, I have put the customer and RENNtech on a contact path, and I am hopeful they will work things out privately. And as I stated before, RENNtech has a solid history of taking care of their customers, and I'm sure that in this case, because there were initially 4 parties involved (the customer and 3 shops), some miscommunication must've taken place.

        Joe, it maybe a good idea to take the back-and-forth posts between jbond, jrcart/rich, lzh, MHP, etc... out into a separate thread or maybe close the thread all together, it's starting to get a little ridiculous Click here to enlarge
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge

        As for being banned from MBW, the reason was supposedly because of "business ethics",



        I'll say it again for those carrying an extra chromosome:

        No one in this thread has made pro-MHP comments, not myself or jbond, only you.

        Your intent is clear, just stop.
        Thanks
        Really? A few quotes from your buddy JBond:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        No comparison in power, torque, and MHP stands behind their systems with a lifetime warranty on all parts and workmanship.
        That seems pretty "pro MHP"

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        mthis has a MHP longtube header car in NY and passed emissions without cats. MHP offers cats and emissions legal solutions as do all the longtube vendors. Again you are barking up the wrong tree.
        Whether you want to admit it or not, you cannot deny the obvious. This thread was started with two objectives and those reading it can decide for themselves which objective was primary and which was secondary. If YOUR friend JBond was only concerned with helping YOUR customer and getting a refund from Renntech, then why did he post pictures of the Renntech headers side by side with MHP's long tubes ?? There was absolutely NO NEED for that - he posted pictures of JUST the Renntech cracks, it could have been left at that and the process of helping the customer could have continued unabated and without ANY MENTION OF MHP.
        But, that was not his intention and if you cannot see that, or refuse to see that, then I have serious doubts about your deductive reasoning and business practices.

        And whether you are JBond, or he is you or you both post using different usernames here really doesn't matter anymore because the writing is on the wall - what matters is that he LIED. I asked him POINT BLANK if he was affiliated with MHP and this was his dodgy response:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Never bought anything from them, have never been given anything by them, and don't own a car with any products from them on it. I do talk to people at MHP and also at RENNTECH and other shops.
        Could it have been so hard to say I am friends with Andy ? I didn't ask if he was a customer yet all he says is "I talk to MHP"....LOL. Talk about misdirection, smoke and mirrors....Yet he posts pictures about your customers and their build, with your products, FROM YOUR PLACE OF BUSINESS - do you not see how that could be construed at shady and suspicious considering the fact that he says he is not affiliated with MHP??? You've said that you don't care what people post from your computers, but in this case, I really think you should - because you are either complicit or ignoring what is going - either way, it makes you and your company look bad and it makes me, and I'm sure others, question your ethics.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        MHP has no relevance in this thread, the replacement headers could have been MBH, Evosport, custom Hennessey, whatever doesn't matter. Those are the pics that were sent by the installing shop, I can PM you the direct info if you wish to pursue this further.
        LOL - I mean really....MHP has no relevance?????? Then why post pictures of MHP long tubes ????????? Do you really expect us to believe that if this customer of yours bought Evosport long tubes for MHP to install, they would have been pictured side by side with the cracked Renntech headers ?????? Look, I understand sticking up for your friends, but at some point you need to understand that your friend Jbond, or whomever is posting under that username, is making your look bad and it's a slap in the face to me personally that you would insult my intelligence in thinking that I wouldn't recognize the obvious agenda going on here.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Go ahead and stop posting in this thread please, per Sticky we can now ask others to stay out of threads that we have created, unfortunately for you your effort to derail this thread and the customer finding actual resolution isn't going to work.
        WE ???? WE being who??? JBond and MHP ???? Yet he has no affiliation with MHP ??? And then JBond runs and crys to the mods to exclude me from this discussion because I'm not gonna sit here and be lied to ????? Gimme a break.....only to be followed by this gem:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        You are all about misdirection and ignoring all facts. You are exactly who you try to make me out to be, smoke, mirrors and deception.
        I think it's ABUNDANTLY clear who is responsible for the "deception, smoke and mirrors and misdirection" that derailed this thread.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Okay fellas.... I'm going to try to land this thread back on-topic. With all the negativity and attacks that have taken place between members, I was starting to lose faith that a good outcome was possible but after last night, I think I'm a little hopeful again.

        I was finally able to contact the customer and get his side of the story. Dan is a very nice and straight forward guy. When I told him about the thread and how wild it got, he told me that such scenario was definitely NOT his intention with this thread: he just wanted it to be a quick comparison of the two headers and not a bashing ground between members, vendors, and forums. At this time, I have put the customer and RENNtech on a contact path, and I am hopeful they will work things out privately. And as I stated before, RENNtech has a solid history of taking care of their customers, and I'm sure that in this case, because there were initially 4 parties involved (the customer and 3 shops), some miscommunication must've taken place.

        Joe, it maybe a good idea to take the back-and-forth posts between jbond, jrcart/rich, lzh, MHP, etc... out into a separate thread or maybe close the thread all together, it's starting to get a little ridiculous Click here to enlarge
        I would object to ANY part of this thread or the posts within it being altered in ANY way as it shows a clear association between JBond and MHP. I would however not object to it being closed as I think it's run it's course and everyone has said all that needs to be said.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Okay fellas.... I'm going to try to land this thread back on-topic. With all the negativity and attacks that have taken place between members, I was starting to lose faith that a good outcome was possible but after last night, I think I'm a little hopeful again.

        I was finally able to contact the customer and get his side of the story. Dan is a very nice and straight forward guy. When I told him about the thread and how wild it got, he told me that such scenario was definitely NOT his intention with this thread: he just wanted it to be a quick comparison of the two headers and not a bashing ground between members, vendors, and forums. At this time, I have put the customer and RENNtech on a contact path, and I am hopeful they will work things out privately. And as I stated before, RENNtech has a solid history of taking care of their customers, and I'm sure that in this case, because there were initially 4 parties involved (the customer and 3 shops), some miscommunication must've taken place.

        Joe, it maybe a good idea to take the back-and-forth posts between jbond, jrcart/rich, lzh, MHP, etc... out into a separate thread or maybe close the thread all together, it's starting to get a little ridiculous Click here to enlarge
        Great work Mo. I sincerely hope this thread wasn't for nothing and RT and Dan can come to an agreement as to what's fair as far as reimbursement.

        Thanks
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Really? A few quotes from your buddy JBond:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        No comparison in power, torque, and MHP stands behind their systems with a lifetime warranty on all parts and workmanship.



        That seems pretty "pro MHP"

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        mthis has a MHP longtube header car in NY and passed emissions without cats. MHP offers cats and emissions legal solutions as do all the longtube vendors. Again you are barking up the wrong tree.



        Luke,

        I'll answer the part directed at me.

        The first quote about more HP/TQ, I can see your point--though the comments are nothing close to what has been posted by trolls like 63Master, etc in this thread. No knock against RT but I think they would also agree those headers aren't going to make more power or torque than ours. Different strokes for different folks.

        As for a lifetime warranty on parts and workmanship, isn't that industry standard now as well? I assumed it was?

        The second statement about passing emissions is simply a statement of facts. Every vendor that I know of as well offers both cats and no cats for their headers. mthis did in fact pass NY emissions w/out cats. No mention of RT or any kind of comparison.

        I think you're stretching a bit to prove your point as far as this goes.

        As for jbond "lying" to cover his identity. Why are you not all over AMG4V or AMG4me as they are clearly defaming a supporting vendor/sponsor (me/MHP) with false accusations and outright lies? Selective prosecution?

        Thanks to Mo and this thread there may be satisfactory resolution for both parties which is more than anyone else in this thread has done for a customer of any vendor. Instead of trying to pick everything apart to the bone try doing something positive or helping someone out vs always name calling and talking $#@!.

        Just MHO, take it or leave it.

        Thanks
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lzh Click here to enlarge
        I agree with you 100%. However, I don't see the problem with multiple people posting under a SINGLE username, like what Jim and Rich do under the JRcart username - although it is different people posting, it's the same user and same internet persona, if you will...
        What to me is totally lame are the SINGLE INDIVIDUALS who post under MULTIPLE usernames. If multiple people want to share one username, I see no problem with that - it's when people use multiple usernames to hide and create false identities in an attempt to prove their point or twist opinions and put an unnatural spin on a thread.
        After reading that I'm not so sure Luke.

        It seems like the responses from one party or the other are completely different as other members have noted, it's easy to tell when one switches off and one picks up. Verbage and online demeanor do 180s.

        Jbond has admitted to being multiple people posting under the same username same as Cart.

        Want to ban them all? Go for it. I'll support that.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        WE ???? WE being who??? JBond and MHP ???? Yet he has no affiliation with MHP ???
        I read the "we" to be "we, the members of BenzBoost" - just FWIW.


        I think it's ABUNDANTLY clear who is responsible for the "deception, smoke and mirrors and misdirection" that derailed this thread.
        Agreed, but IMHO the "who" there is shared by a handful of folks... no one smoking gun for the tangental commentary in this thread, or any of the other recent off-topic diatribes elsewhere. At least, from where I'm sitting.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Luke,
        As for jbond "lying" to cover his identity. Why are you not all over AMG4V or AMG4me as they are clearly defaming a supporting vendor/sponsor (me/MHP) with false accusations and outright lies? Selective prosecution?
        Because AMG4V, 4me who the $#@! ever didn't start this thread under the guise of helping an MHP customer - JBond did. And then when called on the carpet for trying to conceal his identity and obvious relationship with MHP, proceeded to try and silence those like me who strive for transparency and truthfulness.
        These boards can be an asset or a liability for vendors, Andy. As a sponsor it's up to you, and those who you associate yourself with and/or allow to post from your shop, to determine if you will prosper or fail from what is posted here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        Listen dude. I never said they were weak. Why do you keep putting cliams on me? I said that the for the money jrcart spent, he should have at least achieved the same time that MHP achived.
        And I tried to explain different conditions and different tracks to you but it just didn't sink in.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for playing and goodnight. Since Sticky won't ban obvious trolls you've just made the ignore list along with amg4v and amg4me.
        Getting rid of trolls is something you can do yourself in your threads Andy...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Joe, it maybe a good idea to take the back-and-forth posts between jbond, jrcart/rich, lzh, MHP, etc... out into a separate thread or maybe close the thread all together, it's starting to get a little ridiculous
        Best solution would be to put them in their own thread.

        Nice to see Renntech and the customer are communicating as I had hoped, thanks Mo for taking the proper, positive actions.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Because AMG4V, 4me who the fuk ever didn't start this thread under the guise of helping an MHP customer - JBond did. And then when called on the carpet for trying to conceal his identity and obvious relationship with MHP, proceeded to try and silence those like me who strive for transparency and truthfulness.
        These boards can be an asset or a liability for vendors, Andy. As a sponsor it's up to you, and those who you associate yourself with and/or allow to post from your shop, to determine if you will prosper or fail from what is posted here.
        First, I want to say, that was a good post. Thank You

        You weren't an ass for no reason, you didn't namecall, you got your point across and it makes sense to me. jbond is/are not on the payroll and are not MHP employees. You can slice and dice it down further but those are facts. You won't find either on my payroll. As such it's difficult for me to say or do anything about their posts other than say don't use my computer/network anymore--which I have. I hope that makes you happy/happier and allows us to focus on things that actually mean something vs wasting time arguing back and forth over what amounts to Nothing--remember, no thread, no customer resolution so from where I'm sitting at least it may have been a necessary evil.

        A RT customer with favorable connections is now helping to resolve the issue so in the end everyone may very well get what they want: A Happy Customer that was treated fairly which is really all that matters.

        63Master has nothing to do with MHP/me etc and highlights exactly how someone with the opposite intention (clearly trying to instigate and fan flames) can easily sign up and post on a site like this.

        Lastly, MHP has survived being booted off the largest MB forum on the net for BS reasons and not only lived but thrived with growth. A thread like this does nothing for anyone's business, good or bad. It's just insignificant.

        Thanks and looking forward to chatting soon.

        Andy
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Getting rid of trolls is something you can do yourself in your threads Andy...
        Only in threads I start Joe, correct?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        63Master has nothing to do with MHP/me etc and highlights exactly how someone with the opposite intention (clearly trying to instigate and fan flames) can easily sign up and post on a site like this.
        You have enough reputation to put him into negative numbers and get him to stop posting on your own... it isn't anywhere near as easy here as it is elsewhere.