Close

    • Video - Russian Millionaire in an S-class who hits and kills a motorcyclist

      First, a warning, this video is graphic. Why are we showing you this? Because it is important to remind people even if you do not see anything in your mirrors there may be a motorcycle next to you and it is important to physically turn your head and look before changing lanes. The driver here did not signal before changing lanes although that likely would not have mattered. This is a very, very sad story and an unfortunate one. For whatever reason, several stories involving wrecks and fatalities have originated from Russia as of late. Watch the video if you wish, up to you.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Video - Russian Millionaire in an S-class who hits and kills a motorcyclist started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 14 Comments
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        It's sad very sad i would think today in Russia life would matter more than during the collapse, but i still see more and more videos where rich just don't give a $#@!.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Such a sad thing to see. One of my friends just passed away from that exact way 3 weeks ago Click here to enlarge. Some guy didnt see him ran him off the street and went 60 into a light pole and just twiching on the floor as he passed.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        From a legal perspective the motor bike driver is more at fault. He is overtaking cars on the dotted line. A few seconds before the accident he slips between the two cars. The guy with the Merc takes the gap not knowing the motor bike has crept up.
        Bad when something like that happens.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        It's sad very sad i would think today in Russia life would matter more than during the collapse, but i still see more and more videos where rich just don't give a $#@!.
        I do not think he did not care as much as just an unfortunate situation. You see the bike speeding up to get into the lane and the car just doesn't see him and moves over.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        He will serve no time
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        He will serve no time
        Maybe not but what will show if he has class is what he does if anything for the family of the deceased.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Not the Mercs driver fault. The guy in the bike was clearly driving recklessly.
      1. crniamg's Avatar
        crniamg -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        Not the Mercs driver fault. The guy in the bike was clearly driving recklessly.
        did you c the video i ride sprort bikes to and i c this all the time ppl dont care dont look
      1. dOpEdUpM3's Avatar
        dOpEdUpM3 -
        No one is 100% at fault in my opinion, the bike shouldn't have passed two cars without going completely into the "fast lane" he was in the bind spot of the M.B. and the S-class never signaled to warn the biker. This is very sad to see but teaches a lesson all should remember when operating a motor vehicle, SHARE THE ROAD and sometimes more importantly WATCH FOR BIKES they are usually faster and harder to see!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crniamg Click here to enlarge
        did you c the video i ride sprort bikes to and i c this all the time ppl dont care dont look
        It is a combo of both. We need to get in the habit of looking and checking so this does not happen.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crniamg Click here to enlarge
        Did you see the video? I ride sport bikes too; and I see this all the time. People don't care dont look.
        Had to $#@!in' fix this.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        I really don't think its necessary to see some poor guy twisted and dead on the side of the road to understand that drivers should look before changing lanes. Looking over you shoulder is a good idea, but a better idea is to constantly scan your mirrors so you always know whats going on around you. I check my mirrors every 3-5 seconds (more frequently as speed increases). But more important is the fact that you should NEVER overtake on the right; always overtake on the LEFT. Had that S class driver waited for the car filming to move over, this would have never happened. It should be mentioned that if you are caught overtaking on the right in German, your license is REVOKED. Not suspended, REVOKED.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I really don't think its necessary to see some poor guy twisted and dead on the side of the road to understand that drivers should look before changing lanes. Looking over you shoulder is a good idea, but a better idea is to constantly scan your mirrors so you always know whats going on around you. I check my mirrors every 3-5 seconds (more frequently as speed increases). But more important is the fact that you should NEVER overtake on the right; always overtake on the LEFT. Had that S class driver waited for the car filming to move over, this would have never happened. It should be mentioned that if you are caught overtaking on the right in German, your license is REVOKED. Not suspended, REVOKED.
        It's sad and graphic no doubt and some people will not want to view it, understandable. There were mistakes made in this situation on both sides. Very sad and unfortunate.
      1. moto one's Avatar
        moto one -
        Unfortunately my wife and I witness an accident that was an exact duplicate of the one in the video. With the same out come, only in Calif (215 connector) and I'll put a third blame on the ARMCO guard rail, that tangles the motor driver (motorcyclist) in the open post at ground level. If it had been a solid barrier (K-wall type) the rider may have survived.

        Mark.