Close

    • Pacific BMW employees caught taking a BMW 1M Coupe for a joyride, both fired

      It is videos like this that make many of us hesitant to bring our cars to dealers for work. Dealers then wonder why owners are so anal about the mileage on their cars when dropped off. Well, frankly, after seeing this we should all likely be far more cautious choosing a local dealer making absolutely certain they have reputable/mature emlpoyees. What happened is a Pacific BMW employee took a BMW 1M coupe for a spin through a residential neighborhood going full throttle in a car that did not belong to him. Like the genius he is, he had his friend film it and put it up on Youtube. By the time the video was removed from Youtube, mirrors were up.

      City officials are already attempting to ascertain the identity of the driver in order to charge him with reckless driving through residential streets. The account that originally hosted this video had other videos showing similar antics meaning this was likely not the first time this happened. Pacific BMW has stated it has dealt with the employee which hopefully means they are looking for work somewhere else. Take this entire episode as a warning gentlemen. I doubt members here would respond kindly to seeing their car taken for a spin without permission by a dealer employee.

      Edit: The general manager of Pacific BMW in Glendale, Steve Lindstrom, did confirm that the employees were fired.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Pacific BMW employees caught taking a BMW 1M Coupe for a joyride, both fired started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 34 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        I would take a nice warm dump on their faces. Why abuse your privilege? Even dumber they recorded it and put it on youtube... wow. You can't really find idiots bigger than this.
        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
        Are they still asking for that huge premium on this car?
        I'd walk into the dealership and pee on them.. or something.
      1. akh23456's Avatar
        akh23456 -
        i think someone should call them up and offer them 20k for the 1M because you saw the video of them beating on the car.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
        i think someone should call them up and offer them 20k for the 1M because you saw the video of them beating on the car.
        They will just counter with $90k since it is already broken in.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Ok so here's what I think. They broke the car in for you, so you should pay extra for this service.
      1. akh23456's Avatar
        akh23456 -
        i wouldn't pay for them breaking in the car...never trust them
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        Ok so here's what I think. They broke the car in for you, so you should pay extra for this service.
        $40k seems fair.

        Honestly, this dealership deserves this.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        .
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They inspected it and said it was fine but I wouldn't want to buy it. I hope they disclose this all to the buyer.
        I am sure they will disclose this - right after they over... err. charge 40k over MSRP for it. Click here to enlarge

        I am wondering if anyone has called in regard to this car - are they still asking a ridiculous price for this?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
        I am wondering if anyone has called in regard to this car - are they still asking a ridiculous price for this?
        It was likely just a publicity stunt. This negative press is almost Karma.
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        Apparently some dude bought this car for a $10,000 markup, Pacific did not disclose the information about the joyride. I guess 5 days after the purchase, they called him and asked if he has seen his car on the news. He had no idea about the joyride!!!! Needless to say, he is pissed and wants his 10 large back.

        Link: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=291
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
        Apparently some dude bought this car for a $10,000 markup, Pacific did not disclose the information about the joyride. I guess 5 days after the purchase, they called him and asked if he has seen his car on the news. He had no idea about the joyride!!!! Needless to say, he is pissed and wants his 10 large back.

        Link: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=291
        I'd want my 10 large back too!! Why would they be stupid enough to call him though? What did they think he was going to say? Of course he will want his $10k over sticker back and with enough pressure he will get it. Not the brightest bulb to pay that much over sticker, sucker is correct.
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'd want my 10 large back too!! Why would they be stupid enough to call him though? What did they think he was going to say? Of course he will want his $10k over sticker back and with enough pressure he will get it. Not the brightest bulb to pay that much over sticker, sucker is correct.
        Geez... This just gets better and better. Click here to enlarge

        He should get more than 10k back at this point... Although I am no lawyer, I would think that the car+him = everyone thinking the owner is a moron/sucker/etc... Although it might be true, if it weren't for the dealer's antics, he wouldn't be in this situation. Cause and effect. They owe him more than 2 grand.

        The part that now makes me most upset is that they wouldn’t let him drive it before purchasing… I understand it’s a car in short supply, but it’s not a Veyron… After allowing techs to do a “PDI” on a car like this as opposed to doing what’s right is what got them into trouble. They could have just soaked up the markup/loss on this particular car and had a good name, now – most likely the entire BMW community will stay away from this dealer.

        Genius marketing.

        Cheers.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
        Geez... This just gets better and better. Click here to enlarge

        He should get more than 10k back at this point... Although I am no lawyer, I would think that the car+him = everyone thinking the owner is a moron/sucker/etc... Although it might be true, if it weren't for the dealer's antics, he wouldn't be in this situation. Cause and effect. They owe him more than 2 grand.

        The part that now makes me most upset is that they wouldn’t let him drive it before purchasing… I understand it’s a car in short supply, but it’s not a Veyron… After allowing techs to do a “PDI” on a car like this as opposed to doing what’s right is what got them into trouble. They could have just soaked up the markup/loss on this particular car and had a good name, now – most likely the entire BMW community will stay away from this dealer.

        Genius marketing.

        Cheers.
        Not driving it would make sense normally but these people told him he could not drive it after their own employees abused it. Clearly they were feeding him a pile of BS. Not to mention not telling him about the whole ordeal so they could get $10k over. Pathetic and irresponsible.