• BenzBoost interview with Weistec Engineering C63/M156 Torque limiter issues, CARB certification, Pricing, etc.

      This is Part III of the BenzBoost visit to Weistec. Part I and Part II are available here and here respectively. This interview has been edited a bit from its original form to make it easier to understand in written form. We covered avariety of topics including the ever popular torque limiter questions, transmission limits, CARB certification, and pricing among others. Questions that forum members wrote they wanted answered were asked. Enjoy!







      Interview participants:

      R - Director of Sales

      Steve Atneyel - Director of Operations

      Michael Weiss - Technical Director and Mechanical Engineer


      BenzBoost: We are just going to start with the basics. First tell everybody who you are and what you do. Basically, where Weistec came from and who Weistec is.


      Steve: My name is Steve Atneyel, one ofthe owners of Weistec Engineering. Weistec started about a year and a half ago. We started doing development; we being myself and Michael Weiss my partner. We are an engineering firm specializing in calibration and design. This particular project is one of many we will probably do.


      BenzBoost: What is the pricing on the kits?


      Steve: MSRP is $15,000. We also have a dealer network.


      BenzBoost: That is Stage I?


      Steve: Stage I and Stage I plus.


      BenzBoost: And Stage 2 would be?


      Mike: It's not set in stone yet. For select customers we have done a limited release on it. But really soon we will have a full release.


      BB: I know you don't have the full price, but do you expect it to be much more expensive?


      Steve: It's going to be an additional price on top of the Stage I. We are thinking somewhere under $3000.


      BB: Reasonable.


      Mike: If you buy a Stage I with a StageII upgrade you will receive a small discount.


      BB: How does the Stage II differ? Justhigher boost?


      Steve: It's more boost. Fuel system upgrade including injectors. Cog upgrade, spark plugs, and thetuning.


      BB: You said you sold them worldwide so obviously exporting the kits is a possibility. I already saw the fitment, but if you could go over the fitment, and is it a do it yourself? Can someone actually buy this and do it themselves in their garage or does it need to be an approved installer?


      Steve: You would need the mechanical ability but I think it is pretty straightforward. The instruction manual is very straightforward there are a lot of pictures. Our warranty requires a certified technician; we have many qualified dealers that customers can turn to for purchase and installation.


      BB: So export all over the world, if I'm anywhere you will get the kit to me?


      S: Qatar, Taiwan, Japan, China, Russia, Germany, Finland, South Africa, it's everywhere.


      BB: Someone on the forum wanted this clarified, are the blower screws made by Lysholm?


      S: Yes.


      BB: There we go.


      BB: Another question asked on the forums was, do you do your own track testing? Do you have mile times, 60-130, or maybe some road course times?


      S: The only thing we truly don't have numbers for is road-course.


      BB: Those are very driver dependent.


      S: There are thousands of variables butwe have done track testing and we have done 60-130. We have done all that. Honestly, the best thing is a third party. It just holds so much more water.


      BB: Agree 100%. How close are you to receiving the CARB certification? That is very difficult to get so how are you able to do it?


      S: We have done CARB testing for many companies. I'm sure you read the forums, we've done it many times before and we are close to completion.


      BB: CARB is going to make this kit extremely appealing. If I would have known this kit was coming with CARB certification I might be in a Benz instead of a BMW.


      S: I think you should get into one.


      BB: Haha, we'll see. I could use one.


      R: Alot of the experience here is in certifying vehicles especially Steve, approving vehicles for manufacturers.


      S: As we are an engineering firm, we market this product as our own, but we do a lot of private label work for other companies. An example of the things we have done in the past is certifying compressed natural gas. Full certification, full calibration, and the full engineering that Michael does. The M156 supercharger is just one of the things we do so our limitations are not just this.


      BB: Let me ask you this, you areobviously really focused on this [M156] but what is the long term picture?


      S: The long term picture is to sellmore of these. Part of the reason why we want a CARB certification and why we are relentlessly working on that is because we have a lot of dealer interest. Dealerships in California, and even New York,Texas, they really want certifications. They cant legally put it on the car without certifications.


      BB: Do you have any relationships withdealers right now?


      S: Yes, we do. They are waiting on that [CARB].


      BB: California dealers?


      S: California, New York like I said, Ohio.


      BB: Before I get in to some of the other question, let me ask you about the tuning, who does the tuning?


      S: I do.


      BB: Your background in tuning is...what?


      S: Tuning a lot of OEM. A lot of standalone. It started off like everyone else as a hobby but then it got more professional doing it for large companies, certifying big companies.


      BB: What companies?


      S: I can't disclose. You know the example of one of them, they say it on the forum.


      BB: You also offer MHP tuning as an option, why was that done or what is the benefit of that?


      R: We figured why not work together and supply him with superchargers and he can create his own tunes that he can package with his products. We do our own tuning in house for any stage. Andy is one of the authorized dealers to create his own tuning if he likes.


      BB: The natural progression will be the bolt on's, do the naturally aspirated tuning, and then if you want more power you move to you basically. So if the products are on there it is sort of a natural step.


      BB: Here are some of the more difficult questions, nobody get offended, please. Jim's car, the highest dyno that has been posted up until this point was 640 wheel horsepower at a claimed 14.5 psi. That is the one that Jim claimed was spinning on the dyno. How were the tires spinning on the dyno? Because, when you look at the way the power is ramping in it has traction and then it loses it up top. Once it already has traction, and the way the boost comes on, it is not like it is a sudden surge later on. It is always the same boost from beginning to end. Why was it spinning on the dyno and is it more likely it was a torque limiter issue?


      S: Well we had the Dymags on the car and those things are extremely...


      BB: Light?


      S: It's not the lightweight thing.


      M: I think a carbon fiber wheel at a high rpm produces a resonance that with high power and the way it is strapped on the dyno causes traction issues. We have a video, I have to dig it up, but two guys are sitting in the trunk. You can see smoke coming from the tires.


      BB: Would I be able to get this video?


      M: I have to see if we still have it.


      BB: There was a lot of speculation about torque limiter issues and I think you know where it comes from; let's get into that. Is the transmission an issue? Are the torque limiters an issue?


      S: Let me explain this so people can understand this as well as yourself. When you are spraying nitrous in a motor, however you inject it, the computer does not realize the extra air is entering the motor; even when sprayed dry in front ofthe MAF. The concentrated oxygen that is chemically bonded along with nitrogen does not influence the MAF the same way air does. So with nitrous everything happens in the cylinder. The MAF doesn't read that stream of air coming in. So it is thinking X amount of torque is coming in due to the air going past the MAF. It is not working the transmission properly. That is the basis of how the transmission works. It reads torque through the MAF.


      M: It's not prepared for the power thatit is going to be making. The engine is making the torque but thesensors aren't letting the tranny know that it is actually going tobe making that power.


      BB: So then how do you let the tranny know it is making that power?


      S: With our supercharger, as you are making boost, the mass airflow meter is seeing 100% of that air because the supercharger is sucking through it. We are not hitting any torque limiters because the motor is actually seeing the torque being made. Whereas, a nitrous car it physically doesn't, the sensors don't see the torque being made. We also calibrate the computer to take a more proactive approach to the extra torque that is beingmade.


      BB: So this is only an issue on nitrous cars?


      S: It will be an issue on nitrous cars.


      BB: So if someone gets a blower and they want to put nitrous on top of it, not a possibility?


      S: Depending on how you do it. Right now, I would not recommend it. It is an evolving thing. The way you would have to do it won't work properly.


      BB: Has the transmission taken everything you have thrown it at it thus far?


      S: Everything.


      M: Not one transmission issue.


      BB: Nothing? No slipping, nothing?


      S: Nothing.


      BB: Is it possible to upgrade thetransmission?


      S: I am sure it will be.


      BB: But not yet?


      S: Not yet.


      BB: With the Stage III's do you think you will run into problems with the transmission?


      S: We are not sure.


      BB: Too early to tell?


      S: Too early to tell. I would say this. Anything we have done, even with Jim's car, which makes high 600 and more to the tires, which we have done, no issues yet.


      BB: After that 640 whp dyno that tailed off, which could have been higher, there was a 573 whp that was 10-11psi. Earl then said he made 551 whp at 5-6 psi. Why is there that discrepancy?


      M: The boost pressure, the car, everything was not correct that was posted.


      BB: On the 570?


      S: That 570 was put up by MHP. He wanted to see us making more power than the Stage 1 numbers that wereleased at that point. That was just the graph we had and we gave it to him.


      M: It was a preliminary Stage I plus on93 octane.


      S: Here is the thing though and I think we should be open about it. SLS cams drop boost.


      BB: Why?


      S: The duration is much more. The way the SLS works, the head design is very different. The CC on the chambers is less. The reason they might work on a blower car and that we even experimented with them is that they do drop cylinder pressure quite a bit. So you can get away with theoretically running a lot of boost on the stock high compression bottom end.


      M: We dyno'd a stock car with SLS camsover 6 months ago and knew this. We thought maybe we can pull tricks out of the bag and use this to make power differently on a stock bottom end.


      S: The reason I bring this up is because if you hear a boost number, some of these boost numbers say Jim's car, if you put stock cams back in Jim's car it would make 20pounds of boost with stock cams. Maybe even more.


      BB: You offer the supercharger for the regular C63, CLK63, etc., and the SLS, are the power the numbers the same for the SLS?


      S: No they are different. The SLS is basically our Stage 2 package right from the get go. It will come with a fuel system upgrade. It will come with different cogs and spark plugs.


      M: The amount of power that car deserves from the get go.


      S: We have not finished all the testing, which is why it is not 100% released. We are thinking somewhere around 700 crank though.


      BB: That is big. The SLS price thoughis much higher correct, what is it?


      S: $27,000.


      BB: Why is it such a large jump?


      R: Tooling.


      S: Yep. The most expensive part abou tthis. The lower manifold is a full cast aluminum piece, the Y is a cast aluminum piece, and all of this requires a serious amount of tooling and a serious amount of time and a serious amount of money.


      BB: I guess I'm just surprised. It is the same blower. It is the same motor almost and I'm just surprised it is almost a $15 grand jump.


      S: It is two extra cast pieces that weadd. So the tooling involved in that in relation to the quantity of SLS units we will sell.


      BB: Have you sold any SLS setups?


      S: We have pre-sold.


      R: Two of them.


      BB: But the SLS will have smaller numbers?


      S: What do you mean?


      BB: Smaller numbers sold?


      S: Oh yeah, exactly. It is just business at that point. That is why the price is different.


      Break after 20 minutes to go for a ride in Earl's car, then we returned to complete the interview.


      BB: We discussed this when we went for a ride in the car but we'll do it again sort of. A lot of people are asking questions about when you went to the track and the pulley gave out. Now the design has changed, would you mind explaining that?


      S: We knew that at high boost obviously there is way more load on the belt. On Jim's car we added our auxiliary belt wrap kit. What was happening was it was putting so much pressure on the rest of the system and that is when the pulley gave out. From that, we went with a full billet idler set for the whole drive system. Not only are we now including it with our high boost applications, every kit gets that now. It is standard.


      M: Preventive maintenance.


      S: We don't want to deal with the potential issues. The solution was just to include it for everybody. The problem with Jim's car was adding the auxiliary belt wrap kit and putting so much pressure on a plastic pulley and breaking it over and over again. It happened twice at the track.


      M: It happened once before that but they already flew out here from Chicago and wanted to see the car go down the track.


      BB: Was there a clean pass?


      S: Not really. The cleanest one was that video, I'm sure you have seen it. He had the car in manual mode as that is what he was used to from the nitrous days and tranny issues that they faced with it.


      BB: Some people have asked this, the nitrous was removed?


      S: Oh ya, the bottle...


      BB: I saw where the bottle is in the warehouse, you just know how people are saying maybe nitrous.


      S: Honestly, we removed the whole system just so there were no questions.


      M: There were a lot of people at the track specifically looking at the car for nitrous.


      S: They were in there with a magnifying glass looking at the car to make sure nothing was going on.


      BB: That is pretty much everything, anything you want to say?


      S: Only thing I want to say is, for people who want performance numbers mile, things like that, it will happen. It is a fairly new company, we are not 20 years old.


      BB: People live in an instant gratification world now. It is important to note this was not an overnight process.


      S: This was a hobby for us. It became an occupation but the Mercedes industry was a hobby.


      R: That is why we saw these cars needed to be supercharged and we were capable of producing a solution.


      BB: There was no solution. And there really isn't, other than you guys. Unless you guys know of something else?


      S: Nope.


      S: If you saw our first video. One of our first videos, world's first supercharged. That scanned data image was probably two years ago.


      BB: A lot of progress since then.


      S: It is.


      BB: I think that is going to be it gentlemen, I appreciate your time.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: BenzBoost interview with Weistec Engineering C63/M156 Torque limiter issues, CARB certification, Pricing, etc. started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 239 Comments
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Lots of sites also list 2:82...you are simply doing the math and taking away 6% of the total...which is assumptive at best because we all know the BS locking dif wasn't based on any other 63 platform...it was made specifically for the BS and then adapted to other performance package cars.
        Really, what other cars does the BS diff fit? MB says none. MKB tried it already.

        I have seen 3.06 in a few articles which is why I mentioned that exact number. Again though doing the math at 6% it's 3.0 something. Again Private Lounge and then feel free to apologize.
        But, I find it interesting that you could see the display on the Vbox in a video sent to you via MMS Click here to enlarge
        You are full of sh!t and you know it. First you say he didn't hit 100mph based on the gear he was in and the rear axle final drive ratio. Now you are saying you saw it on the Vbox ??? Really? Then why didn't you say that in the first place ?? Again, cause your full of sh!t and regurgitating info you apparently heard from someone else - whomever forwarded you the video. I spoke to Jim. He sent me the video and you can't make out SH!T on that tiny little Vbox. But nice try douchebag. I'd post the video for everyone to see but Jim asked me not to as he will be posting lots of info after the weekend. So, I'll respect his wishes and not steal his thunder.
        Really? Never did I say I could see the vbox display, just that there was one. Seriously? You got that from what I wrote? LOL you are unbelievable. I said I'd rather see it on the vbox than the speedo. Given the difference in accuracy and also the car having non stock size wheels, tires and overall dia which would you rather see the data on. That's what I thought.

        Amazing you can deduce so much nonsense from a simple statement. Nice work.

        LOL - exactly. YOU are the only person speculating in this thread and have really contributed a big goose egg which leads me to believe you have some sort of agenda.
        You're paranoid. No speculation on my behalf feel free to repost any you find, based on the vbox display misunderstanding Im not sure youre the best judge for anything reading compreshension based but we can try for fun.


        The one thing you are right about is that it's only making 11psi. As of now...cause they built THREE SETS OF PULLEYS. One for the street, which was on the car when the video in question was taken. Another set of pulleys for the drag strip and a third set for road courses.
        So who is full of sh!t and wrong on all counts ?? LOL. I'm done with this clown. Sorry for taking the thread down the usual offroad sh!t trail but this douche has no clue what he's talking about.
        Wait, I contributed nothing and am wrong on all counts but I'm right it's only making 11psi and youre now half assedly admitting it? I guess thats progress, for you anyway. 11psi is the most boost it will shift in auto with so if he wants to change pulleys and shift in manual so be it. No $#@! he has more than 1 set, did you think they threw the other ones away? ROFL.

        I'm not going to continue down the personal comment road with you, you are a known ethug, I'll leave it at that.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        I'm not half ass admitting anything. It makes 11 psi with the street pulley. The other pulleys make 15psi and from what I am told by the horses mouth (and not some third party like you) it shifts fine due to the torque limiting Steve has been able to crack. Not sure who you are getting your information from....why don't you tell us because clearly you have been dodgy from the get go in this thread which leads me to believe you have some agenda. So, who are you speaking to that you think you know what your talking about ? Or, do you not want to be transparent about this and hide behind you keyboard ?
      1. Benz-O-Rama's Avatar
        Benz-O-Rama -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Was that on your 20's?

        Hmmmmm, I don't think so. I wanna say it was on my stock 18's.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I'm not half ass admitting anything. It makes 11 psi with the street pulley. The other pulleys make 15psi and from what I am told by the horses mouth (and not some third party like you) it shifts fine due to the torque limiting Steve has been able to crack. Not sure who you are getting your information from....why don't you tell us because clearly you have been dodgy from the get go in this thread which leads me to believe you have some agenda. So, who are you speaking to that you think you know what your talking about ? Or, do you not want to be transparent about this and hide behind you keyboard ?
        Here we go down lzh's magical road to nowhere.

        Stay on topic. Car makes 11psi as it runs, you were wrong, I was right. What was that about fact checking?

        Never said it didn't have other pulleys and even said it made 14-15psi before and shifted in manual only.

        Same goes for the diff in the car in your garage.

        Face it if the car would shift in auto with 15psi it would have been running around a few mos ago. If all tq limiters were cracked again the converter would die instantly from all that torque.

        I said it before and now again youre paranoid. Facts are facts and now by your own admission you were wrong. If you think I have an agenda research all my posts and put something together otherwise go pop a xanax and stop being so pissy all the time.

        Im happy to see the car run what it runs and am happy for cart that hes got it back and its ready to race, just be honest and if you dont know for sure dont pretend like you do.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
        Hmmmmm, I don't think so. I wanna say it was on my stock 18's.
        Youre right your car will shock the tires much more than carts especially since it was after peak torque that the dip in graph occurred. If youve been around a dyno enough you know what wheelspin looks like on a chart and its not like what was posted.

        Any chance your tires were wet or the straps werent as tight as they should be?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Here we go down lzh's magical road to nowhere.

        Stay on topic. Car makes 11psi as it runs, you were wrong, I was right. What was that about fact checking?

        Never said it didn't have other pulleys and even said it made 14-15psi before and shifted in manual only.

        Same goes for the diff in the car in your garage.

        Face it if the car would shift in auto with 15psi it would have been running around a few mos ago. If all tq limiters were cracked again the converter would die instantly from all that torque.

        I said it before and now again youre paranoid. Facts are facts and now by your own admission you were wrong. If you think I have an agenda research all my posts and put something together otherwise go pop a xanax and stop being so pissy all the time.

        Im happy to see the car run what it runs and am happy for cart that hes got it back and its ready to race, just be honest and if you dont know for sure dont pretend like you do.
        Interesting how you conveniently dodge all my questions above about where you're getting your info and your obvious agenda here. So if you knew about the pulleys then why did you only mention them after I told you about them?? Again....full of sh!t because I'm told the car shifts fine in auto at 15psi. How is it that you know different ??
        Perhaps we can discuss it out at Fontana if you're there to see it run.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Perhaps we can discuss it out at Fontana if you're there to see it run.
        Are the Fontana runs a private rental or a public day?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Are the Fontana runs a private rental or a public day?
        Honestly man I don't know but I'll do my best to get the answer for you and PM you. This thread has gone far enough track already.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Honestly man I don't know but I'll do my best to get the answer for you and PM you. This thread has gone far enough track already.
        It's, no big deal. Discussing performance runs with a Weistec SC still has to do with the topic.

        Please PM me when you get an answer, thanks.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Interesting how you conveniently dodge all my questions above about where you're getting your info and your obvious agenda here. So if you knew about the pulleys then why did you only mention them after I told you about them?? Again....full of sh!t because I'm told the car shifts fine in auto at 15psi. How is it that you know different ??
        Perhaps we can discuss it out at Fontana if you're there to see it run.
        Your questions about where I attain what I know are irrelevant. I post facts and the truth. What did I say? Car is making less boost now and shifts fine. With more boost it shifts in manual but not auto. All true. Why does there have to be an agenda other than posting correct info? I don't get it.

        Are you so blind as to not notice the 500x mentioned that carts car was making 15psi on the dyno with tq limiter step in, the 650rw one that has its own thread on this site?

        You are not the all knowing so please stop acting like it.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's, no big deal. Discussing performance runs with a Weistec SC still has to do with the topic.

        Please PM me when you get an answer, thanks.
        Thank You.

        So now that this waste of bandwidth is over we can wait and see what she does with 11psi and hope to soon see what it does with 15+.

        Hope we get to see the results.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        On a related note DadsC63 has posted many times that his car wont shift in auto on a 160 shot but will on a 120 shot. Very similar to what we're seeing here. Both shift in manual mode due to higher tq limiter limitations in the tcu at higher tq levels but both need to be toned down to shift in auto. That coincidentally at least for me shoots a hole in the maf related tq limiter theory of nitrous vs supercharger tq delivery.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Your questions about where I attain what I know are irrelevant..
        That's an easy way to not have to back up what you say, isn't it ? Because all we know up to this point is that someone forwarded you a video via MMS. I know what I know from the source. Yours is simple speculation and watered down.
        We'll know soon enough and then what will you say when it runs 15psi and snaps off auto shifts in S mode going down the 1/4 ???
      1. RNS-11Z's Avatar
        RNS-11Z -
        I really wish i could buy this kit now!!!!!!!! i hate the fact i have the money for it but need to spend it else where
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        On a related note DadsC63 has posted many times that his car wont shift in auto on a 160 shot but will on a 120 shot. Very similar to what we're seeing here. Both shift in manual mode due to higher tq limiter limitations in the tcu at higher tq levels but both need to be toned down to shift in auto. That coincidentally at least for me shoots a hole in the maf related tq limiter theory of nitrous vs supercharger tq delivery.
        Is it not feasible that someone could apply the same maps to the TCU in S mode that exist in M mode and raise the limitations??
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Is it not feasible that someone could apply the same maps to the TCU in S mode that exist in M mode and raise the limitations??
        I don't believe thats possible. There is only so much scaling they have room to do anything with.

        You would have to pay bosch kind of like brabus did for their tt 63s to develop an ecu with different parameters. The 63 is so converter & transmission limited its not even funny.

        The fact that weistec can tune for the supercharger speaks volumes about Weistecs software talents as Brabus dropped over $1M with bosch for unique ecus. I'm sure carts car makes way more wheel hp than any Brabus TT 63 does. They went very conservative due to the converter.

        I long for the day someone with $ decides to run a M156 or M159 with standalone and a TR6060 or even a built WA 5 speed auto. Drop the compression with forged pistons add better forged or billet rods and slap twin 72s on and well it would be orgasmic.

        Just think if all the crap with oil prices, environmentalists, al vomit gore and global warming had happened 2 years later we would be witnessing the debut of the world's greatest production twin turbo V8. Instead we get stuck with the $#@! motor. I guess it could be worse Audis largest engine is now a TT 4.0L less the gallardo r8s 5.2 v10. I know turbos dont really care how much displacement an engine has but combining more displacement with boost guarantees no lag and insane top end.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        That's an easy way to not have to back up what you say, isn't it ? Because all we know up to this point is that someone forwarded you a video via MMS. I know what I know from the source. Yours is simple speculation and watered down.
        Without knowing my source you would have no idea how watered down if at all any of the info is. Besides I dont think anyone would waste the time doctoring a rough cell phone vid? Either way I told you how much boost it was running now and why, after checking with the source you now agree, should tell you something.

        We'll know soon enough and then what will you say when it runs 15psi and snaps off auto shifts in S mode going down the 1/4 ???
        Congratulations of course. Now I dont mean that if they swap back to stock cams for some reason and boost changes as Steve noted due to less duration. I want to see it happen just like everyone else, I just don't believe it until it happens. Whatever it runs at 11psi will be a record and is worthy of props no matter what because they are the first to do it with forced induction. However saying the car shifts at 15psi in auto when it doesnt is something altogether different.

        You seem to think I have an agenda when in reality I just dont pop the bubbly till I see proof.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Good interview Sticky and I am glad to hear the trans issues everyone has been worried about are not an issue. I guess we will have track proof of all of this in a couple of weeks!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Good interview Sticky and I am glad to hear the trans issues everyone has been worried about are not an issue. I guess we will have track proof of all of this in a couple of weeks!
        I'm looking forward to it Earl Click here to enlarge My camera and liver will be ready!

        I was a bit surprised to learn the trans issues Weistec was attributing to nitrous.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Good interview Sticky and I am glad to hear the trans issues everyone has been worried about are not an issue. I guess we will have track proof of all of this in a couple of weeks!
        Performance and drivability wise they are not an issue at lower boost levels, or even at moderate boost since 11lbs is a good bit of boost, but auto shifting at wide open throttle on high boost 15psi+ or with lots of nitrous isn't ever going to happen.

        Respectfully I think we need to be a bit more realistic. As far as durability when we have proof at 30,000, 50,000 or more miles we can say for sure, anything before then is by definition speculation. Keeping in mind the different stages of tune stage 1 vs stage 1.5 vs stage 2, How long will it take someone to hit those marks, that is the question.