Close

    • Confirmed - C63 AMG Black Series will receive tuned M156 6.2 liter V8 around 510 horsepower, $100k base

      A Mercedes-Benz AMG inside source has confirmed the M156 V8 in a higher state of tune will be used in the C63 AMG Black Series. MotorAuthority and InsideLine who reported they confirmed an M157 twin turbo V8 would be used were wrong. It would appear P31 or SLS forged engine internals will be standard. It will not be an M159 (SLS motor) but will likely share similarities such as the heads but not the SLS intake manifold or airboxes due to not being able to fit in the C engine bay. Base price is expected to be $100k.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Confirmed - C63 Black Series will received tuned M156 6.2 liter V8 around 510 horsepower, $100k base started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 204 Comments
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I would prefer a used GT3 as well but this will have 4 seats (unless they pull them like in the CLK). If they do pull them, this point is stronger.
        I hear they are pulled out and there is an option to put them in.... or is it the other way around... No AC, No back seat, CF spoiler... I think is the option.

        I cant imagine the back seat would be anything you would want to sit in if you are an adult size person. I would 100% go with the GT3 over this or even the ZR1. With dealer markup in the US id imagine paying about 130K for the BS.
      1. I am Jeff's Avatar
        I am Jeff -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        I hear they are pulled out and there is an option to put them in.... or is it the other way around... No AC, No back seat, CF spoiler... I think is the option.

        I cant imagine the back seat would be anything you would want to sit in if you are an adult size person. I would 100% go with the GT3 over this or even the ZR1. With dealer markup in the US id imagine paying about 130K for the BS.
        I believe the option is to have the rear seats removed. The rear seats should be just a little more cramped when compared to the standard C-class coupe, due to the AMG front buckets. I agree with you on the BS pricing. At 130k, there will be soooo many other options out there that will be better than the BS.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        I seriously doubt this car will NOT have AC. Also, I paid sticker for my CLK BS and it was the first one at my dealer...there was no dealer markup.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        I hear they are pulled out and there is an option to put them in.... or is it the other way around... No AC, No back seat, CF spoiler... I think is the option.

        I cant imagine the back seat would be anything you would want to sit in if you are an adult size person. I would 100% go with the GT3 over this or even the ZR1. With dealer markup in the US id imagine paying about 130K for the BS.
        No AC? Wow, hope that is an option as well.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I seriously doubt this car will NOT have AC. Also, I paid sticker for my CLK BS and it was the first one at my dealer...there was no dealer markup.
        I doubt the no AC as well. I also know you do not have to pay mark up on these, ridiculous.
      1. I am Jeff's Avatar
        I am Jeff -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I seriously doubt this car will NOT have AC. Also, I paid sticker for my CLK BS and it was the first one at my dealer...there was no dealer markup.
        The no ac part is a factory option. Factory A/C delete
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
        The no ac part is a factory option. Factory A/C delete
        Yes, this was "Confirmed" by someone who ordered one on MBW. Cant verify 100% of course be he stated that the rear seat, AC delete, CF spoiler was an option.
        Good to know about the 130K being the MSRP. It would be nice if the C63 BS sold for the 100K MSRP. I guess we wait and see, but one would imagine the C63 BS would have all the options at the 100K price tag.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        Yes, this was "Confirmed" by someone who ordered one on MBW. Cant verify 100% of course be he stated that the rear seat, AC delete, CF spoiler was an option.
        Good to know about the 130K being the MSRP. It would be nice if the C63 BS sold for the 100K MSRP. I guess we wait and see, but one would imagine the C63 BS would have all the options at the 100K price tag.
        Wait, what the hell? $130k?
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Wait, what the hell? $130k?
        I meant that he paid MSRP for his CLK BS.
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Wait, what the hell? $130k?
        Hell yea! We got 90k 1M's rolling around. This thing will be at least 130k...lol!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        I meant that he paid MSRP for his CLK BS.
        Ah, much better. I was about to launch into a tantrum.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Autoblog just confirmed our report, over a month later: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/04/m...launch-mooted/
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Sorry, edited as I want to keep it all in one spot.

        Please keep discussion on the C63 Black Series reveal here: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....Revealed-Early
      1. Jake@Eurocharged.com's Avatar
        Jake@Eurocharged.com -
        Hey guys,

        I will provide some info for ya when we see it (have one on order)

        As well and more importantly....

        A few of our guys were invited to the F1 GP Nürburgring: AMG World Preview on July 23rd and are there attending.

        While at the F1 circuit they have VIP "Paddock Club " Passes and AMG Private Lounge access, not to mention the hotel they are being put up in is on the track and facing the front straight!

        We will have tons of info and pics/videos for ya sticky.
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Very hot pics.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Not sure how true this is, but it comes from a very reliable source. My friend, who is the GM at Beverly Hills Mercedes, said they got a visit from their regional rep and in the meeting the C63 Black Series was discussed. In short, he told them that it would NOT be coming to North America and would only be offered in Europe, like the SLK Black Series. Again, he could be wrong, but I doubt it.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        I was at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago and was told it would be coming to Canada...now that is strange considering the clk black was not available in Canada but i guess stranger things have happened.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        I was at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago and was told it would be coming to Canada...now that is strange considering the clk black was not available in Canada but i guess stranger things have happened.
        By whom ? Someone from AMG ? Interesting you mention Canada because that is immediately what I said...that people in Canada were putting deposits down already for them and getting allotments. To that he replied, "I've had people try to give me $5000 deposits because they heard a rumor about a CLS 63 cab - Dealers will take deposits on just about anything".

        Take it FWIW...
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        It was at the Merc pavilion I presumed a Mer dealer but who knows...

        I have contacts for a Canadian dealer on the west coast....will try and sniff out tomorrow.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Not sure how true this is, but it comes from a very reliable source. My friend, who is the GM at Beverly Hills Mercedes, said they got a visit from their regional rep and in the meeting the C63 Black Series was discussed. In short, he told them that it would NOT be coming to North America and would only be offered in Europe, like the SLK Black Series. Again, he could be wrong, but I doubt it.
        Very interesting. That's too bad.