Close

    • Weistec CLK63 Black Series M156 V8 supercharger development update - 573 whp dyno

      Now, you might be scratching your head, why 573 whp when the previous dyno released was 640 whp? Well, this dyno no longer has the dip the 640 whp dyno had which leads us to believe the boost was turned down to not have torque limiter issues. We were told this dyno was 10-11 psi vs. the previous 14 psi. The dyno was done on C16 race gas as well, just like the previous dyno. What we gather from this is that going over 10 psi created issues for the torque limiters in the ECU and transmission software. So while this dyno does not make as much power, it is cleaner and provides a steady curve until redline.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec CLK63 Black Series M156 V8 supercharger development update - 573 whp dyno started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 129 Comments
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        throttle - tell me tell you what is going on.

        FYI, look at Weistec's website. A stock C63 with the stage 1 makes 626 HP/550 ft lbs on 91 octane which given an 20% drivetrain loss puts you in the region of 500 rwhp. My Black Series HP figure is 50 more so tell me what is so hard for you to believe.

        ANYONE - Post where this IP is from to shut this guy up. Today it is SA, Next week it will be from London..the week after that Milan, then Tuscany, then Miami. I get really sick and tired of people like you call bull on every single thing someone says and why...because you have nothing better to do.

        I will accept your apology in advance of the IP coming back.
        Earl-
        When you first joined MBW you did the same thing regarding your mods and were very secretive about exactly what had been done to your car. Others asked and you refused to divulge more information claiming that it was your car, your mods and you didn't care to share with anyone. Round 2, supercharger install...and your doing the same thing. It strikes me as odd that you seem to think your car is some sort of skunkworks project and you cannot and will not share the details with other members of these boards. If that's the case, then why are you here in the first place ?? You don't seem to be asking many questions or sharing much technological knowledge to add to the database of knowledge - so that leads me to believe one thing...that you're here simply to boost your ego. But if that's the case, then why do you continue to post about your car if you have no intention of sharing with the other members here?? It's seems counterintuitive to me...clearly you're a busy guy with all your worldly travels, but yet you find the time to log in from the other side of the globe to some car forum ? It's obvious you have some agenda; exactly what that is remains to be seen but in my opinion you really aren't contributing much and better yet, are acting like a complete dick for no reason whatsoever. The Weistec blower is one of the most talked about mods for the 156 motor to date and there are lots of guys who want more info about it from firsthand sources like you - but you seem to have your head too far up your ass to realize that and actually contribute something valuable to the forum. If that's the path you want to go down, by all means, have fun....but don't expect anyone around here to agree with how you conduct yourself. All people are looking for is answers and info. In the amount of time you have wasted from your busy schedule arguing with other members here, you could have simply uploaded your dyno sheet and put the issue to bed. But something tells me you just like the attention...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        +1

        Its blatantly obvious whats going on here.

        Hes posting from South Africa?... id check that IP address, this story has more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese.
        Why are you grilling him? He's telling the truth:

        196.210.44.130 - Geo Information
        IP Address 196.210.44.130
        Host 196-210-44-130.dynamic.isadsl.co.za
        Location ZA, South Africa
        City Johannesburg, 06 -
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        ANYONE - Post where this IP is from to shut this guy up. Today it is SA, Next week it will be from London..the week after that Milan, then Tuscany, then Miami. I get really sick and tired of people like you call bull on every single thing someone says and why...because you have nothing better to do.
        I see all your IP's, you are telling the truth, no reason to doubt.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        Im speaking on behalf of the numerous *real* enthusiasts that have been building and racing all kinds of cars for decades, who in our travels have come across your type over the years. Post a dyno sheet that supports your claims its really not that difficult. Honestly i hate to burst your bubble but you're not doing anything all that impressive so come down off your fabricated elite high horse, nobody cares about your travel plans or how often you do or dont drive your little CLK.

        Cheers,
        I've been reading over all his posts here and he has been very reasonable. Mostly others have been accusing him and his responses have been restrained. What is up with all the animosity toward him?

        The reason he mentioned his travel plans was not to throw anything in anyone's face but to simply show he is focused on other things and out of the country. Clearly Weistec is handling all the details and knows what is going on with the car and not him.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I've been reading over all his posts here and he has been very reasonable. Mostly others have been accusing him and his responses have been restrained. What is up with all the animosity toward him?

        The reason he mentioned his travel plans was not to throw anything in anyone's face but to simply show he is focused on other things and out of the country. Clearly Weistec is handling all the details and knows what is going on with the car and not him.
        Most of us go out of our way to share usable and measurable information with the community. I dont understand why many and its just not him throw claims around without any supporting data on a technical forum. As others have said if his position is its my car and i dont have to prove anything then why post is my question as well.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        Most of us go out of our way to share usable and measurable information with the community. I dont understand why many and its just not him throw claims around without any supporting data on a technical forum. As others have said if his position is its my car and i dont have to prove anything then why post is my question as well.
        Well that is one of the questions raised, if not willing to share why participate to begin with?

        I get frustrated with people who withhold information as well as what is the point?

        I think he isn't trying to deceive anyone or anything like that, I just think he really doesn't know exactly what is going on with his car and doesn't seem to concern himself with it all that much. He seems to go by what he is told. I think the best bet would be for someone to contact Weistec directly to get the answers to some of these questions and I think I will do that.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Well that is one of the questions raised, if not willing to share why participate to begin with?

        I get frustrated with people who withhold information as well as what is the point?

        I think he isn't trying to deceive anyone or anything like that, I just think he really doesn't know exactly what is going on with his car and doesn't seem to concern himself with it all that much. He seems to go by what he is told. I think the best bet would be for someone to contact Weistec directly to get the answers to some of these questions and I think I will do that.
        +1

        I agree 100%
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        throttle - tell me tell you what is going on.

        FYI, look at Weistec's website. A stock C63 with the stage 1 makes 626 HP/550 ft lbs on 91 octane which given an 20% drivetrain loss puts you in the region of 500 rwhp. My Black Series HP figure is 50 more so tell me what is so hard for you to believe.

        ANYONE - Post where this IP is from to shut this guy up. Today it is SA, Next week it will be from London..the week after that Milan, then Tuscany, then Miami. I get really sick and tired of people like you call bull on every single thing someone says and why...because you have nothing better to do.

        I will accept your apology in advance of the IP coming back.
        As far as 63s go 18% is industry standard for drivetrain loss so 626HP equates to 513rwhp SAE and the graph posted on Weistec's site is not SAE corrected, it is uncorrected.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Earl-
        When you first joined MBW you did the same thing regarding your mods and were very secretive about exactly what had been done to your car. Others asked and you refused to divulge more information claiming that it was your car, your mods and you didn't care to share with anyone. Round 2, supercharger install...and your doing the same thing. It strikes me as odd that you seem to think your car is some sort of skunkworks project and you cannot and will not share the details with other members of these boards. If that's the case, then why are you here in the first place ?? You don't seem to be asking many questions or sharing much technological knowledge to add to the database of knowledge - so that leads me to believe one thing...that you're here simply to boost your ego. But if that's the case, then why do you continue to post about your car if you have no intention of sharing with the other members here?? It's seems counterintuitive to me...clearly you're a busy guy with all your worldly travels, but yet you find the time to log in from the other side of the globe to some car forum ? It's obvious you have some agenda; exactly what that is remains to be seen but in my opinion you really aren't contributing much and better yet, are acting like a complete dick for no reason whatsoever. The Weistec blower is one of the most talked about mods for the 156 motor to date and there are lots of guys who want more info about it from firsthand sources like you - but you seem to have your head too far up your ass to realize that and actually contribute something valuable to the forum. If that's the path you want to go down, by all means, have fun....but don't expect anyone around here to agree with how you conduct yourself. All people are looking for is answers and info. In the amount of time you have wasted from your busy schedule arguing with other members here, you could have simply uploaded your dyno sheet and put the issue to bed. But something tells me you just like the attention...

        +63 Spot On. Why post at all if you have nothing to contribute. Excellent post LZH.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I'm e-mailing Weistec now to get clarification.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I've been reading over all his posts here and he has been very reasonable. Mostly others have been accusing him and his responses have been restrained. What is up with all the animosity toward him?

        The reason he mentioned his travel plans was not to throw anything in anyone's face but to simply show he is focused on other things and out of the country. Clearly Weistec is handling all the details and knows what is going on with the car and not him.
        Joe-
        I realize you want to increase the membership here, but encouraging people who don't want to share information about topics that they have first hand knowledge of...especially a topic as hotly debated as this has been....is not someone I really care to have around. Who gives a sh!t where he is in the world right now. And adding the Milan, Miami, etc only further proves my point that this dork is here simply to have his ego stroked - and if that's the case he should head back over to MBW where that sort of douchbaggery is tolerated. He could have easily said "I have a VERY busy travel schedule and am currently half way around the world" and left it at that. Or, he could have just spent the same amount of time that he spent trying to impress us, and posted his dyno sheets.

        Earl-
        Post up the dyno sheets and I'll apologize for the above statements. Seriously man...that's all this is about. If you don't want to, then why are you even here ??? There's quite a bit of confusion as to how your car is putting down what it is compared to JRcarts car and the respective mods. Your dyno sheet would clear things up and help everyone here not to mention show your willingness to contribute to a great new forum.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Joe-
        I realize you want to increase the membership here, but encouraging people who don't want to share information about topics that they have first hand knowledge of...especially a topic as hotly debated as this has been....is not someone I really care to have around. Who gives a sh!t where he is in the world right now. And adding the Milan, Miami, etc only further proves my point that this dork is here simply to have his ego stroked - and if that's the case he should head back over to MBW where that sort of douchbaggery is tolerated. He could have easily said "I have a VERY busy travel schedule and am currently half way around the world" and left it at that. Or, he could have just spent the same amount of time that he spent trying to impress us, and posted his dyno sheets.
        I'm not encouraging him to not share information. I fully encourage him to do so and don't like the whole I won't share if I don't want to philosophy as what is the point of participating to begin with?

        I'm stating he is getting a lot of negative backlash when he really doesn't deserve it. It doesn't matter where he is traveling but the point really is he is out of the country and enjoying his time, not paying attention to this build. So, expecting him to know the ins and outs isn't fair. He clearly is a guy who paid them to do the work and expects them to handle all the details.

        We want the info, I e-mailed Wesitec, and we will get it from the source. This is a non-issue really, he can travel to the moon for all it matters.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        FWIW I have a 9 second CLK 430 but I refuse to post slips or vids even though I have them. I'm pulling through the dirve-thru at burger king now and will be at mcdonalds tomorrow then arbys on saturday, check my IPs to verify.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Sticky, people read but don't understand.

        Case in point from throttle "Hes posting from South Africa?... id check that IP address, this story has more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese." I challenge him on it and say post the IP. Rather than defending he immediately goes on the offense and says I don't care where you travel. Why should I even bother talking to someone like that. Perhaps a bigger person would have said oops...sorry and a meaningful conversation could have developed.

        Any thoughts I may have had to post a dyno slip have been put to rest as at this point there will still be debate..something is wrong with the dyno or....the slip looks fake...etc.

        You are spot on in that I just write a cheque and pick up a completed product. I did do a lot of research and whilst I am willing to share some, why spill the beans on the entire setup so someone can just go and recreate.

        Anyways I wont comment anymore on this thread as no matter what response I give, it will be trashed.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Anyways I wont comment anymore on this thread as no matter what response I give, it will be trashed.
        You do say it isn't fair for everyone to take a negative stance on you yet you automatically do the same to them as well. I think both sides need to give the other a chance.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, people read but don't understand.

        Case in point from throttle "Hes posting from South Africa?... id check that IP address, this story has more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese." I challenge him on it and say post the IP. Rather than defending he immediately goes on the offense and says I don't care where you travel. Why should I even bother talking to someone like that. Perhaps a bigger person would have said oops...sorry and a meaningful conversation could have developed.

        Any thoughts I may have had to post a dyno slip have been put to rest as at this point there will still be debate..something is wrong with the dyno or....the slip looks fake...etc.

        You are spot on in that I just write a cheque and pick up a completed product. I did do a lot of research and whilst I am willing to share some, why spill the beans on the entire setup so someone can just go and recreate.

        Anyways I wont comment anymore on this thread as no matter what response I give, it will be trashed.
        The info is already out there apparently I can run the supercharger at 10psi on c16 with full exhaust ported heads and sls cams larger injectors and make 23rw more than you do on 91 with 5.5 psi with henessey headers. Click here to enlarge

        Sorry homey that's a lame excuse if I've ever heard one. You've got a couple of bolt-ons, you aren't rewriting history with custom one off parts for the love of God, LOL!
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You do say it isn't fair for everyone to take a negative stance on you yet you automatically do the same to them as well. I think both sides need to give the other a chance.
        All he has to do is back his words and post the graph, all doubters will instantly eat crow including me. My money says it still wont happen.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        All he has to do is back his words and post the graph, all doubters will instantly eat crow including me. My money says it still wont happen.
        I don't think that is going to push him into revealing anything.

        Weistec e-mailed me back, they say they offer 500 whp on 91 octane with their base kit on a stock 63. So, those are the numbers they stand by.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't think that is going to push him into revealing anything.

        Weistec e-mailed me back, they say they offer 500 whp on 91 octane with their base kit on a stock 63. So, those are the numbers they stand by.
        You can't post what you don't have i wasn't expecting him to post anyway. Click here to enlarge

        Thank you Sticky for clarifying. Looks like they are referring to the 498rw graph on the site. uncorrected but at least realistic.

        good work!
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Earl-
        When you first joined MBW you did the same thing regarding your mods and were very secretive about exactly what had been done to your car. Others asked and you refused to divulge more information claiming that it was your car, your mods and you didn't care to share with anyone. Round 2, supercharger install...and your doing the same thing. It strikes me as odd that you seem to think your car is some sort of skunkworks project and you cannot and will not share the details with other members of these boards. If that's the case, then why are you here in the first place ?? You don't seem to be asking many questions or sharing much technological knowledge to add to the database of knowledge - so that leads me to believe one thing...that you're here simply to boost your ego. But if that's the case, then why do you continue to post about your car if you have no intention of sharing with the other members here?? It's seems counterintuitive to me...clearly you're a busy guy with all your worldly travels, but yet you find the time to log in from the other side of the globe to some car forum ? It's obvious you have some agenda; exactly what that is remains to be seen but in my opinion you really aren't contributing much and better yet, are acting like a complete dick for no reason whatsoever. The Weistec blower is one of the most talked about mods for the 156 motor to date and there are lots of guys who want more info about it from firsthand sources like you - but you seem to have your head too far up your ass to realize that and actually contribute something valuable to the forum. If that's the path you want to go down, by all means, have fun....but don't expect anyone around here to agree with how you conduct yourself. All people are looking for is answers and info. In the amount of time you have wasted from your busy schedule arguing with other members here, you could have simply uploaded your dyno sheet and put the issue to bed. But something tells me you just like the attention...
        ^^This^^
        Click here to enlarge