• E60 M5 and E63 M6 supercharger/forced induction options set to expand? ESS tuning reveals S85 V10 manifold

      As it stands, there is only 1 real supercharger option for the S85 V10 based BMW vehicles and that is G-power. There are two options on the horizon, ESS and Gintani. Both have been taking a VERY long time to come to market and both were already supposed to be available. Completely understandable they are delayed with a motor with the high compression and complexity of the S85. We know both are still works in progress but these two will likely be the best value forced induction options with the basic ESS kit rumored to have an MSRP of under $10k. Sit tight, no word yet on when either will hit the market.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: E60 M5 and E63 M6 supercharger/forced induction options set to expand? ESS tuning reveals S85 V10 manifold started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 29 Comments
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        That is pretty sexy even unfinished paint. I'm glad ess has posted this. They really do have good quality products.
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        ESS always has some nice looking manifolds
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        cant wait
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        cant wait
        Yep, this is tailor made for you.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Supercharged m6 would be sick!!
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        they say it should make like 515 or with nothing else so i would love to see it with my supporting mods!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        they say it should make like 515 or with nothing else so i would love to see it with my supporting mods!!
        I think you can realistically expect mid 550's before really pushing it.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        i need to gets me an account with ESS...im getting beat by a few local suppliers Click here to enlarge
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        It seems the reveal will be at Bimmerfest with there Stage 2 from the word go with pricing announced some time next week.
        RPi has some association with the kit as they are releasing their own kit which will basically be the ESS Stage 2 with full bolt on RPi mods. It will be called the RPi Stage 3 or something.
        Owning a M5 I think this release is about two years late from a business perspective.
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        i dunno there are allot of s85 loyal owners out there with no interest in the f10
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        I heard that pricing will be revealed at Bimmerfest, but the actual product isn't expected to be available until this Fall. Pretty excited to see what comes of this, and if pricing is right they should sell a bunch of them.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        It seems the reveal will be at Bimmerfest with there Stage 2 from the word go with pricing announced some time next week.
        RPi has some association with the kit as they are releasing their own kit which will basically be the ESS Stage 2 with full bolt on RPi mods. It will be called the RPi Stage 3 or something.
        Owning a M5 I think this release is about two years late from a business perspective.
        Yes, definitely late, but there still is no real affordable solution so there still is a business case.

        I think most people will move to the F10 M5 for modding unless they are intent on keeping their E60 where then this becomes very appealing.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        if i had an M5 i would keep it just for the engine.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Looks very nice!
      1. Bimmerbear's Avatar
        Bimmerbear -
        I'll be impressed when someone comes out with a turbo kit for a newer M car. Supercharging is the easy way out.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bimmerbear Click here to enlarge
        I'll be impressed when someone comes out with a turbo kit for a newer M car. Supercharging is the easy way out.
        True, but while you wait around to be impressed by a turbo kit others will be driving their supercharged cars.
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        Attachment 7484
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Wow!
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Stage 1 US$11,995 non intercooled at 5psi makes 600hp flywheel with 91 octane on stock car.
        Stage 2 US$15,995 intercooled at 6 psi makes 630hp with 91 octane on stock car.
        I think the wheel powers are 530 and 570 respectively. I am sure exhaust will release 35-50 more.
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        Stage 1 US$11,995 non intercooled at 5psi makes 600hp flywheel with 91 octane on stock car.
        Stage 2 US$15,995 intercooled at 6 psi makes 630hp with 91 octane on stock car.
        I think the wheel powers are 530 and 570 respectively. I am sure exhaust will release 35-50 more.
        600whp...time to start shopping for used m5s!