• Jalopnik picks up on BenzBoost story regarding Evosport and Evosport threatens legal action

      One of the largest auto blogs on the net, Jalopnik, has been monitoring our story with Evosport. Things have gotten very heated as of late when Evosport had their attorney, Todd Serota, threaten my father as well as myself with legal action. BenzBoost was given a deadline and told to pull down the articles, looks like we missed it.

      BenzBoost finds Evosport's tactics of covering this story up and threatening us with legal action just rather sad. Instead of going about this professionally, Evosport has been closing threads on MBworld and deleting any mention of it. Since they can not do that on BenzBoost, they have sent their attack dog lawyers after us in an attempt to control things here as well.

      We will not be intimidated or budge from doing what is in our users and the consumers best interest. Consumer advocacy is something we need more of, not less. Mr. Serota, people like you are the problem in this country trying to keep the truth hidden and not having the integrity to do what is right. BenzBoost had the courage to reveal the details of what was taking place and did so accurately. Amazingly, you reached the wrong conclusion but we would not be surprised you would jump to whatever conclusion your clients would want you to jump to.

      You have done the opposite of quieting this down, only making major blogs take notice of it. Aren't you only digging the hole deeper for your own clients? BenzBoost is not afraid of you and not all that impressed with your scare tactics. Plus, aren't you a patent lawyer? Maybe you should stick to that as we can write a much harsher letter than what you provided.

      Also, threatening my 73 old year old father is flat out despicable. We are saddened that Evosport seems to endorse harassing senior and retired family members over forum posts they can not control. This does not reflect well on any company and does not reflect well on you as an attorney. If people wonder why attorneys get a bad name, it is due to actions such as this.

      At this point, it should be clear to you it is impossible to get this story removed as you have now served to propagate it. Well done Evosport and well done Mr. Serota. In our opinion, you have completely mis-managed this situation. Good luck prosecuting the entire internet, it does not seem the Evosport budget will allow for it.

      We have posted the legal documents Jalopnik obtained aimed at BenzBoost here, you can all review them for yourselves and see the lengths Evosport is willing to go to keep the truth from users on MBworld as well as consumers. BenzBoost will continue to do investigative reporting in the best interest of our users and all individuals in the German automotive performance industry.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not delivering parts started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 350 Comments
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Interesting about Brads dad and mb bob. Either way, he's an absolute tool.

        What ever happened with them threatening litigation and that hack attorney ??
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Interesting about Brads dad and mb bob. Either way, he's an absolute tool.

        What ever happened with them threatening litigation and that hack attorney ??
        Please refer to him as MIT, esquire.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge

        What ever happened with them threatening litigation and that hack attorney ??
        Likely realized that their threats backfired and just ended up bringing more attention to the situation.
      1. DAGREEKNYC's Avatar
        DAGREEKNYC -
        What up peeps . JUst joined so i guess im a nubie lol . JUst to throw in my 2cents . all my Evo products while ordered Thru TTM only took about 2 months to get out Click here to enlarge.

        And for the peeps who are still waiting for the Evo power pully for the 63 PM me i have a used one for sale . Also the Evo rotors .

        4 light weight Rotors with around 3000 miles . cost new 1900 - with a decent set of brake pads still in box 900.00 pick up only on Queens NY area
        Evo Pully 500.00
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DAGREEKNYC Click here to enlarge
        What up peeps . JUst joined so i guess im a nubie lol . JUst to throw in my 2cents . all my Evo products while ordered Thru TTM only took about 2 months to get out Click here to enlarge.

        And for the peeps who are still waiting for the Evo power pully for the 63 PM me i have a used one for sale . Also the Evo rotors .

        4 light weight Rotors with around 3000 miles . cost new 1900 - with a decent set of brake pads still in box 900.00 pick up only on Queens NY area
        Evo Pully 500.00
        Welcome and that's awesome that you have parts for sale but that is why we have the classifieds section Click here to enlarge Please list your parts there if you wish.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DAGREEKNYC Click here to enlarge
        What up peeps . JUst joined so i guess im a nubie lol . JUst to throw in my 2cents . all my Evo products while ordered Thru TTM only took about 2 months to get out Click here to enlarge.

        And for the peeps who are still waiting for the Evo power pully for the 63 PM me i have a used one for sale . Also the Evo rotors .

        4 light weight Rotors with around 3000 miles . cost new 1900 - with a decent set of brake pads still in box 900.00 pick up only on Queens NY area
        Evo Pully 500.00
        Ha!!! There goes the neighborhood lol
        Welcome Tony,glad ya made it over hereClick here to enlarge
      1. Benz280SL's Avatar
        Benz280SL -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Likely realized that their threats backfired and just ended up bringing more attention to the situation.
        Yeah baby, the biggest backfire ever!! OMG, what were they thinking?? How could they think that that a group of seasoned investors with HUGE checkbooks and deep, deep legal experience would ever prevail against the likes of Joseph Wilk and his alter ego's? Boy, did they ever under estimate Joseph's brilliance.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz280SL Click here to enlarge
        Yeah baby, the biggest backfire ever!! OMG, what were they thinking?? How could they think that that a group of seasoned investors with HUGE checkbooks and deep, deep legal experience would ever prevail against the likes of Joseph Wilk and his alter ego's? Boy, did they ever under estimate Joseph's brilliance.
        ?

        I hope they get their investors, sounds like they need them.

        Also sounds like what they really underestimated is just how much those investors want to help cover Evosport's ass, who do you think sent the documents? I hope Evosport prevails vs. Evosport's own mess I did not create, unfortunate it appears that they need a bailout.
      1. North 44 C63's Avatar
        North 44 C63 -
        My Rotors ordered 10 days ago charged and shipped yesterday. Hope the trend continues....
      1. prodigymb's Avatar
        prodigymb -
        Wow this is crazy. I had Evosport parts on my E55 (Headers, Pulely, Phenolic intake spacers). I never had issues with them. Thats a damn shame...
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        My rotors should be shipping today, finally.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        My rotors should be shipping today, finally.
        Looks like the rotors are all going out as well! Excellent.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
        Wow this is crazy. I had Evosport parts on my E55 (Headers, Pulely, Phenolic intake spacers). I never had issues with them. Thats a damn shame...
        I did a lot of business with them as well and back when I did, it was all good.

        Seems MBW censorship contributed to this issue as once people were allowed to talk about it (here), some rapid changes started taking place.
      1. ShangoAshe's Avatar
        ShangoAshe -
        That's awesome, and its great seeing Forums making a difference for the consumers!
        Hopefully this will push for a change with EvoSport.

        I'll give them a shot in the near future as they have contacted me in regards to Rotors for my s-class!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ShangoAshe Click here to enlarge
        That's awesome, and its great seeing Forums making a difference for the consumers!
        Hopefully this will push for a change with EvoSport.
        Exactly, making a positive difference for the customers.
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        My rotors should be shipping today, finally.
        I spoke to soon. No tracking number, so rotors haven't shipped.
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        My rotors should be shipping today, finally.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        I spoke to soon. No tracking number, so rotors haven't shipped.
        Tracking number received, rotors should be here this week.

        Next step is to install them and be ready for May 12th at Atco.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        Tracking number received, rotors should be here this week.

        Next step is to install them and be ready for May 12th at Atco.
        Excellent.

        So how long was the total time?
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Excellent.

        So how long was the total time?
        8 weeks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        8 weeks.
        Well... better late than never.