• Preliminary Weistec Supercharged M156 CLK63 Black Series Dyno Results - 640 wheel horsepower

      Here are the preliminary results for JRCART's CLK63 Black Series running the Weistec supercharger. The car has the Weistec race supercharger package which includes the Weistec heads, cams, and fuel system including larger injectors. The car ran 14.5 psi of boost on stock internals which is incredible really. That is a lot of boost for the stock internals to handle. The tires were slipping on the dyno due to the power which can be seen in the graph so these are just preliminary results. They will be trying again with new rubber in the next few days and likely hitting the 7XX whp range.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: **JRCART's Weistec SC Preliminary Dyno Results** started by JRCART View original post
      Comments 94 Comments
      1. Benz-O-Rama's Avatar
        Benz-O-Rama -
        Still calling for rain down here on Friday. I have a tee time with my boys, that we've had scheduled for 3 weeks now. So, it's yet another no show for me. That's 3 in a row now....
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        We aren't going to know until Thursday LOL. Right now there's a 50% chance of rain. What worries me is that MIR usually has the weather we do in CBus, OH the day prior, and it's raining now and won't stop for another 4 days. Click here to enlarge
        Yeah, in Philly (western 'burbs) we usually get Ohio's weather a day later, unless related to a coastal storm coming up from the south. This time of year is a crapshoot for catching a sunny day on the East Coast... especially trying to book one in advance. Hope it works out for you guys.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Yeah, in Philly (western 'burbs) we usually get Ohio's weather a day later, unless related to a coastal storm coming up from the south. This time of year is a crapshoot for catching a sunny day on the East Coast... especially trying to book one in advance. Hope it works out for you guys.
        Well we got rained out at MIR but good luck to Jim, Rod, and Steve later today (Friday)!
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Well we got rained out at MIR but good luck to Jim, Rod, and Steve later today (Friday)!
        Any new date for MIR ?
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Bring the beast to the Mile!!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        Bring the beast to the Mile!!!!
        Much respect to you for running the mile with your CLS btw, props.

        I think Jim is more focused on the 1/4 though.
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Much respect to you for running the mile with your CLS btw, props.

        I think Jim is more focused on the 1/4 though.
        Id like to see his BS break some records at both places, i have a deep love for the CLK Black Series and this one has some serious balls!!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        Id like to see his BS break some records at both places, i have a deep love for the CLK Black Series and this one has some serious balls!!!!
        I agree, would love to see both as well. Could be the first to break 200 mph...
      1. Full Throttle's Avatar
        Full Throttle -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I agree, would love to see both as well. Could be the first to break 200 mph...
        that would be insane!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        that would be insane!!
        Well he's got the power, just has to get the trans issues sorted.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
        Id like to see his BS break some records at both places, i have a deep love for the CLK Black Series and this one has some serious balls!!!!
        I have to say, you're car looks sweet in that picture. And that mile time is awesome.
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Rarfinancial hit 178 mph in the 1 mile with a 100 shot NOS in his CLS63, and given that Jim's car is much lighter and now is pushing more power, I think it is possible Click here to enlarge
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Ok, given weistec's ability to make the impossible happen in a period of days, they are quick no doubt, why is something as simple as a billet idler pulley taking so long to resolve?

        My guess is that this goes much farther than a broken idler pulley and shredded belts.

        We have yet to see a final dyno from this car, one without a tuning issue that kills power and torque at under 6000rpm. Actually we have yet to see a 93 octane dyno from any of the supercharged cars despite all the kits that have supposedly been sold.

        What's the deal guys?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Ok, given weistec's ability to make the impossible happen in a period of days, they are quick no doubt, why is something as simple as a billet idler pulley taking so long to resolve?

        My guess is that this goes much farther than a broken idler pulley and shredded belts.

        We have yet to see a final dyno from this car, one without a tuning issue that kills power and torque at under 6000rpm. Actually we have yet to see a 93 octane dyno from any of the supercharged cars despite all the kits that have supposedly been sold.

        What's the deal guys?
        There haven't really been any updates since the track day.

        This isn't a simple process, clearly. There no doubt is more to it than just the idler pulley and I would assume they are working on resolving it. How much work is there to do and how long will it take? I don't know, but hopefully we will get some updates.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        There haven't really been any updates since the track day.

        This isn't a simple process, clearly. There no doubt is more to it than just the idler pulley and I would assume they are working on resolving it. How much work is there to do and how long will it take? I don't know, but hopefully we will get some updates.
        I think the lack of updates is what is turning potential fans and customers into sour grapes. Weistec would be wise to update people about the situation honestly but they dont seem to be too interested in that thus far.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        I think the lack of updates is what is turning potential fans and customers into sour grapes. Weistec would be wise to update people about the situation honestly but they dont seem to be too interested in that thus far.
        I won't jump to any conclusions as Weistec has been very open and honest with myself. They may be keeping quiet until they get things worked out.

        Some updates would be nice.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I won't jump to any conclusions as Weistec has been very open and honest with myself. They may be keeping quiet until they get things worked out.

        Some updates would be nice.
        Supposedly they have been responsive to dealers as well but with no info of value. I think the rest of the world that doesnt use 91 octane (most of it) would like to know what kind of power and torque they would make. This should still be a base kit so why this is info is so hard to come by at this point I dont understand.

        Maybe Jim can post an update?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Maybe Jim can post an update?
        He was on the other day, he'll see this and likely post with some details I'm sure.

        I have faith that Weistec will figure it all out, we'll see.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Weistec sent me a 573rwhp SAE graph that's clean and ready to post. Only problem is it's a pdf so I'm going to fwd it to sticky to post for me.

        Thanks
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Weistec sent me a 573rwhp SAE graph that's clean and ready to post. Only problem is it's a pdf so I'm going to fwd it to sticky to post for me.

        Thanks
        Waiting on the e-mail and details!