Close

    • Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not delivering parts


      We have been sitting on this story for some time but enough is enough, something has to be said. We can not sit idly by while Evosport continues to take money from our users and not deliver parts. BenzBoost user JRCART is the latest person who Evosport has taken thousands from, in his case under the guise of delivering a Weistec supercharger for his CLK63 black series. We wish we could say he is the only person who has spent considerable money with Evosport only to not get what he paid for, but he isn't.

      Many of you know JRCART as Jim. A nice guy who has a CLK63 Black Series who has done considerable business with Evosport. Well, months ago, he paid Evosport over $30,000 for his Weistec supercharger only for the car to sit with nothing done to it. As a matter of fact, JRCART told us Evosport used this time period to charge something around $20,000 to JRCART's insurance company for front end damage. Not only were we told they took tens of thousands and did not deliver the product they promised, they decided to make money off JRCART's insurance company for bodywork repair whose cost was inflated. UPDATE Jim finally got so fed up with the empty promises after months he had his car taken out of Evosport this past week and taken to Wesitec.

      We called up Weistec to confirm this and they did confirm the car was now at their facility. We spoke to Steve at Weistec who was a complete professional. He was as politically correct as one can be and would not engage in any mudslinging and that is to be respected.

      Now JRCART and his Weistec supercharger fiasco with Evosport is just one piece of this puzzle. We mentioned hundreds of thousands of dollars. Well, it turns out that a guy by the name of Jim Brady invested $300,000-$400,000 in Evosport. We believe these funds were used for Evosport's new facility and he is waiting on his return. Well, he is going to be waiting a heck of a long time and better get in line. On MBworld he posts as if nothing is wrong and who can blame him? He wants his money back and likely did not realize what he was getting himself into. This is a huge sum of money and we hope he gets it back.

      In addition to the now hundreds of thousands Evosport owes, they owe Powerchip a large outstanding balance. This was confirmed in a discussion with Powerchip representatives who did confirm the outstanding balance but would not say how much. We have heard rumors ranging up to $100,000 but now you can all see why Powerchip has the pull with Evosport that they do.

      Is this it? We wish, but it isn't. Evosport has an outstanding balance with Rotora. Wondering why you haven't received your Evosport rotors? Well, BimmerBoost user tgoss has been waiting months now for his rotors. He is going to be waiting indefinitely as we have been informed that Rotora supposedly suspended Evosport's account for an oustanding amount in the thousands. See a pattern here?

      This has to be it, right? Well, it isn't. Since Evosport started MBworld and it was purchased by Internet Brands they have been able to keep this all silenced on the site they control, MBworld, as well as other internet brands sites such as 6speedonline. Don't believe us? Look at this poor guy who has been waiting since October of 2010 for his parts: Evosport Parts The discussion was locked to help preserve Evosport's image. We contacted the poster and he got us in touch with his friend and still until today in April 2011, he has not received all his parts.

      Ok, that is all? Right? Can't be any more? Well, I referred my friend to Evosport who managed to talk him into a V10 twin turbo swap for his E92 M3. I tried to tell him that was a project that would have no end, but he did not listen. Evosport took the S65 V8 out of his M3 only to place it into Brads (one of Evosport's owners) father's race car. This car has been sitting in the shop collecting dust for years now with no end in sight but 10's of thousands taken.

      We actually could go on as there are users who have not received headers, pulleys, rotors, etc. There are some prominent individuals we have been told about who did not get their Evosport parts so the list goes on. Everyone in the Mercedes community must be made aware of this as on MBworld all of these details are deleted or removed to protect Evosport who does control MBworld.

      So is this all incredibly shady? Yes. But why? Why would they do this? Well, Evosport has moved into a very large new facility and it would seem they are funding it with their customers money. Now you must be saying, how can they survive this? Well, we don't know if they will. JRCART stated that when he picked up all his parts from Evosport Brad looked like he was about to cry. He must know the jig is up. If Jim Brady gets tired of sitting around he will have to go the legal route to get his money back. JRCART (Jim) is already getting his insurance company involved. If Powerchip and others all try to get their money at the same time Evosport is going to be in some major trouble. Our advice? Until all debts are repaid, stay away. That is unless you like waiting forever for parts from a company on very shaky ground.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not delivering parts started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 667 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
        I don't dare make another comment in that threadClick here to enlarge
        You don't need to fear being banned, Brad stated you would not be banned as long as you did not violate MBworld's rules. Just for reference, here they are:

        MBworld Forum Rules

        I. I am MBworld, your Mercedes forum, you shall put no other forums before me.

        II. You may worship MBworld, and Evosport, but nothing else.

        III. You may not swear at Evosport, the staff, or say anything remotely negative about either or you shall burn in hell.

        IV. In reverence of your apreciation for Evosport and MBworld, you are to dedicate one day a week for worship to Evosport and MBworld.

        V. You must honor Brad and Simon.

        VI. Thinking for yourself is forbidden.

        VII. You may not browse any other forum. You know what, let's just make it any other website.

        VIII. Do not steal. That is our job.

        IX. You may not lie. Once again, our job.

        X. Do not covet another tuner other than Evosport.

        Come on, how hard are these to follow?
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        BWHAHAHA,they even removed jrcarts "evosport/fail" avatar lmfao!!
        I wonder if they will ban jim in an effort to silence him when the hot ghetto mess they are sitting in becomes unbearable...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        BWHAHAHA,they even removed jrcarts "evosport/fail" avatar lmfao!!
        I wonder if they will ban jim in an effort to silence him when the hot ghetto mess they are sitting in becomes unbearable...
        Ban a customer who has given them thousands and referred countless others? They wouldn't do that. Oh wait... this sounds vaguely familiar.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        BWHAHAHA,they even removed jrcarts "evosport/fail" avatar lmfao!!
        I wonder if they will ban jim in an effort to silence him when the hot ghetto mess they are sitting in becomes unbearable...
        It's all good, they can ban away, I would expect nothing less. I have registered usernames on 15 or so european car Forums in the past week or so. When I post it will be EVERYWHERE and even in a couple places they are not expecting. Brad's biggest problem now is that he has duped the wrong person/people...smarter, savier and with much deeper pockets than him. I might consider letting him off the hook if he and Simon were to post publically and tell THE TRUTH about everything, not only the JRCART situation but each and every person that has been put out by having to wait for them to deliver on goods and promises. If they could state when every last item that people have ordered will be delivered but who am I kidding? I'm not playing around, attorneys and the insurance company are already involved so the wheels are already in motion. When I post my info it's most likely game over for them, probably a BK will result so it is in everyones best interest that evosport survive this becuase if they were go BK NOBODY is getting their parts or refunds, it will be tied up in courts for years and the judge will determine who gets paid what and the companies and people with the money to hire attorneys will be at the top of the payment list, the "little guys" that had to save up their hard earnned cash for weeks or months to buy that new pulley or that new set of headers won't have the cash to hire representation to fight for what is theirs. I honestly hope everyone gets their parts but I would't hold my breath. A class action suit might be the only way recoup anything but that would still take years and a BK would prolong it even further.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        It's all good, they can ban away, I would expect nothing less. I have registered usernames on 15 or so european car Forums in the past week or so. When I post it will be EVERYWHERE and even in a couple places they are not expecting. Brad's biggest problem now is that he has duped the wrong person/people...smarter, savier and with much deeper pockets than him. I might consider letting him off the hook if he and Simon were to post publically and tell THE TRUTH about everything, not only the JRCART situation but each and every person that has been put out by having to wait for them to deliver on goods and promises. If they could state when every last item that people have ordered will be delivered but who am I kidding? I'm not playing around, attorneys and the insurance company are already involved so the wheels are already in motion. When I post my info it's most likely game over for them, probably a BK will result so it is in everyones best interest that evosport survive this becuase if they were go BK NOBODY is getting their parts or refunds, it will be tied up in courts for years and the judge will determine who gets paid what and the companies and people with the money to hire attorneys will be at the top of the payment list, the "little guys" that had to save up their hard earnned cash for weeks or months to buy that new pulley or that new set of headers won't have the cash to hire representation to fight for what is theirs. I honestly hope everyone gets their parts but I would't hold my breath. A class action suit might be the only way recoup anything but that would still take years and a BK would prolong it even further.
        I was going to suggest class action but I think you are correct it is in the best interest of everyone that they survive this. That is unless you are one of those people who just wants to see them pay dearly for this (and I'm not vindictive, always wishing them the best and referring clients).

        They need to pay for this though. The best thing to do would be to hit Brad and Simon in their own pocketbooks to see what it is like but they can hide under the company name to be somewhat protected.

        I want you to get your money back and hope you do get it, every last penny. The same for everyone else. In the mean time while your actions are already in motion, I strongly suggest the best thing to do is inform everyone you can that this thread does exist here. Spreading this information is powerful in of itself.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Wow... I really hope those that want a refund for their pre-payment receive one in due time.

        When I was waiting months for my rotors, Evosport said they were always willing to offer a refund, but I didn't take them up on it. I wanted the weight savings.

        But, I was continuously frustrated with their response to my perpetual question of "when will the rotors arrive?": "honestly, we don't know."

        That was insulting to me because, well, I have never heard of a modern shipment that doesn't have tracking information. Look, I can understand if a ship goes down at sea with the treasure (Evosport rotors). But, they didn't tell me about any shipwrecks.

        They did tell me at one point that they would pay for my shipping or pay for expedited shipping once my rotors arrived. When they finally arrived and I asked them if they would still honor the offer for free shipping, they responded with a kind of "really, um, yeah, I don't think so" attitude. I was like, "okay, just send the rotors."

        I like the rotors a lot.

        I was always frustrated that they would take a customer's money and tell them when the rotors would arrive but later they would claim they had no clue where they were.

        Obviously, I'm small beans and I because I did receive my rotors, I feel fortunate. What JRCART said about the possibility of some customers possibly being left with their dicks in the wind sounds scary. I really hope that isn't the case. And I will give Evosport the benefit of the doubt for ensuring that doesn't happen.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
        Obviously, I'm small beans and I because I did receive my rotors, I feel fortunate.
        This is kind of the problem though. Just because you haven't spend tens of thousands does not mean you should be any less important. What kind of customer service is that? Yes, it is fortunate it is a lesser amount but that doesn't make it any less wrong. Whether it is 1 dollar or 100,000 dollars they should not be taking peoples money and not delivering. This is a repeat problem.

        I hope you get your parts, please keep us updated.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        I did receive my parts. Took like 3 months, but I hear that's kind of quick these days.

        I agree that 2,000 or 30,000, customer service is important.

        Trust me, there was a moment where I was thinking of cancelling my order out of principle.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
        I did receive my parts. Took like 3 months, but I hear that's kind of quick these days.

        I agree that 2,000 or 30,000, customer service is important.

        Trust me, there was a moment where I was thinking of cancelling my order out of principle.
        At least you were one of the lucky ones to get speedy 3 month service... glad you finally got them. Feel for the guys who are still waiting though.
      1. jacobs323i's Avatar
        jacobs323i -
        like i said i am long over what they did to me! I will never get my money back! But one good thing came from it i found the tuner that did know what he was doing and it just made me rebuild my engine which i would of done farhter down the road anyways! And it seems they are going to get what they deserve anyways! I am just hoping i see evocrap burn in the new building they are in (and no i do not mean burn for real, but rather via the court system) I feel Jcart situation way more then mine! it sounds like he lost way over 50 g's i prolly only lost around 10!
      1. P31-C63's Avatar
        P31-C63 -
        Brad Pm'd me a link to a thread still viewable on MBW:
        http://www.mbworld.org/forums/clk-cl...w-wow-wow.html

        He wrote me some other stuff too, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to repost PM info or not?
        Nothing major, but still interesting.

        I told Brad to come over here and explain himself--I'm doubtful he'll take me up on itClick here to enlarge
        But he should try to explain himself if he wants to continue his business--my .02
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
        Brad Pm'd me a link to a thread still viewable on MBW:
        http://www.mbworld.org/forums/clk-cl...w-wow-wow.html

        He wrote me some other stuff too, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to repost PM info or not?
        Nothing major, but still interesting.

        I told Brad to come over here and explain himself--I'm doubtful he'll take me up on itClick here to enlarge
        But he should try to explain himself if he wants to continue his business--my .02
        I see what he did, he allowed a mirror in an area with less views and deleted the other threads on the same topic.

        Post whatever you want to post. Just don't let Brad control your mind.
      1. P31-C63's Avatar
        P31-C63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I see what he did, he allowed a mirror in an area with less views and deleted the other threads on the same topic.

        Post whatever you want to post. Just don't let Brad control your mind.
        Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

        I posted the link he sent me in the Rotors thread on MBW, I can't catch $hit for that, can I??Click here to enlarge
      1. P31-C63's Avatar
        P31-C63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
        I posted the link he sent me in the Rotors thread on MBW, I can't catch $hit for that, can I??
        Apparently so, my post on MBW with the latest link was deleted--hahaha--it went to page six, but when I just checked the thread it was goneClick here to enlarge
        No wonder I got banned a while back for calling them NazisClick here to enlarge

        Wow the truth hurts!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
        Apparently so, my post on MBW with the latest link was deleted--hahaha--it went to page six, but when I just checked the thread it was goneClick here to enlarge
        No wonder I got banned a while back for calling them NazisClick here to enlarge

        Wow the truth hurts!
        Wait, you can't even link to MBworld on Mbworld?
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You don't need to fear being banned, Brad stated you would not be banned as long as you did not violate MBworld's rules. Just for reference, here they are:

        MBworld Forum Rules

        I. I am MBworld, your Mercedes forum, you shall put no other forums before me.

        II. You may worship MBworld, and Evosport, but nothing else.

        III. You may not swear at Evosport, the staff, or say anything remotely negative about either or you shall burn in hell.

        IV. In reverence of your apreciation for Evosport and MBworld, you are to dedicate one day a week for worship to Evosport and MBworld.

        V. You must honor Brad and Simon.

        VI. Thinking for yourself is forbidden.

        VII. You may not browse any other forum. You know what, let's just make it any other website.

        VIII. Do not steal. That is our job.

        IX. You may not lie. Once again, our job.

        X. Do not covet another tuner other than Evosport.

        Come on, how hard are these to follow?
        addendum:
        xi. Do not link MBworld posts/threads to MBworld
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Looks like they are trying to punish MHP by censoring them with "***" again. Is this a pathetic attempt at diversion on their part?

        MBW Member: "Hey I got my *** Headers Installed and Love Them".

        MBW Member: "Why does it say *** instead of MHP?

        MBW Answer: "Because we suck and are presently trying to deflect or differ as much attention away from our lack of business ethics and responsibility as possible".

        MBW Member: "That's what I thought, carry on"
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        ^ It's just a petty move to lash out, nothing more.

        Like Evosport's problems are MHP's doing? Get real.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Can someone find an email address at Internet Brands to let them know what their site sponsor is doing to members?

        Seems like other sponsors have been banned for much less or nothing by comparison (swearing??) might be time for IB to do their own investigation to see who they're really in bed with. I think we need an email addy higher than that of Adrian or "Snookie" (is that a name, really?) since they have been on the MBW train since the beginning themselves.

        If we can find the right "C"s email they will have to do something.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
        Can someone find an email address at Internet Brands to let them know what their site sponsor is doing to members?

        Seems like other sponsors have been banned for much less or nothing by comparison (swearing??) might be time for IB to do their own investigation to see who they're really in bed with. I think we need an email addy higher than that of Adrian or "Snookie" (is that a name, really?) since they have been on the MBW train since the beginning themselves.

        If we can find the right "C"s email they will have to do something.
        Here:

        Robert N. Brisco
        Chief Executive Officer

        http://www.bbrisco.com/