• Poor Vorsteiner product quality issues continue - GTRS3 E92 M3 widebody flaws

      Earlier this month, we brought you an article that highlighted concerns with the quality of Vorsteiner products. We felt in that article that perhaps the cheaper products did not reflect the quality of the $25k E92 M3 GTRS3 widebody kit. We were recently made aware of photos highlighting flaws in the GTRS3 kit and have posted those photos here.

      C&C Collision came out to defend these "imperfections" stating these are pretty normal. It is important to note that C&C Collision, who is a great bodyshop, has had a deal with Vorsteiner to install these kits and the two companies do a bit of business together:

      Please look at the photos and draw your own conclusion.



























      This article was originally published in forum thread: Vorsteiner poor product quality concerns, E92 M3 carbon diffuser compared to AC-Schnitzer started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 27 Comments
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        So they are claiming their parts are now made in an autoclave on all the forums. Jlevi visited their production facility, where is the pics of the autoclave.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        So they are claiming their parts are now made in an autoclave on all the forums. Jlevi visited their production facility, where is the pics of the autoclave.
        Jlevi's little trip was a marketing tool as he carries their products.

        Don't know where the pics of the autoclave are, good question.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Horror!
      1. deemo319's Avatar
        deemo319 -
        The "quality" of this is a Millennium Falcon light speed jump from perfection as they tout. This is $25,000 worth of widebody aero kit? Click here to enlarge
      1. SSDD's Avatar
        SSDD -
        Although not as bad as these pictures, I've heard that the authentic Amuse body kits leave a lot to be desired for their price as well. What is up with these insane expensive body kits having exceedingly low quality control standards?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
        Although not as bad as these pictures, I've heard that the authentic Amuse body kits leave a lot to be desired for their price as well. What is up with these insane expensive body kits having exceedingly low quality control standards?
        I've heard the Amuse stuff is better than OEM.

        Who said it leaves a lot to be desired?
      1. tom @ eas's Avatar
        tom @ eas -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I've heard the Amuse stuff is better than OEM.

        Who said it leaves a lot to be desired?
        I can reply to this, since I've owned both:

        The Amuse trunk is probably the best fitting trunk on the market today. The Amuse front bumper is a much different story.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom @ eas Click here to enlarge
        I can reply to this, since I've owned both:

        The Amuse trunk is probably the best fitting trunk on the market today. The Amuse front bumper is a much different story.
        Why the major difference in the bumper and the trunk?
      1. SSDD's Avatar
        SSDD -
        To clarify- I meant I've heard their bumpers require a lot of work to make fit correctly.
      1. DarkPhantom's Avatar
        DarkPhantom -
        Do they even have a Quality Control department?
      1. tom @ eas's Avatar
        tom @ eas -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Why the major difference in the bumper and the trunk?
        No idea, I was a bit disappointed myself.
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        whats the price difference between the two pieces ?
      1. inter1032's Avatar
        inter1032 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
        whats the price difference between the two pieces ?
        between the amuse trunk and vorsteiner?
      1. dOpEdUpM3's Avatar
        dOpEdUpM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I've heard the Amuse stuff is better than OEM.

        Who said it leaves a lot to be desired?
        I'm shocked this 25k+ wide body kit is so poorly manufactured... this straight after they received it? Amuse fits amazing on z4m parts and I have seen a trunk mounted for the first time with perfect lines. Never seen their front bumper but I can ask someone. Most all aftermarket parts are going to be more than you wan to spend, but when you finally get the items shipped to you and your not satisfied with the quality it really makes the company look bad. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the vrs-style trunk lid but after seeing this I would rather pay for a rep if I know its gonna be the same quality even if I pay more.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
        I'm shocked this 25k+ wide body kit is so poorly manufactured... this straight after they received it? Amuse fits amazing on z4m parts and I have seen a trunk mounted for the first time with perfect lines. Never seen their front bumper but I can ask someone. Most all aftermarket parts are going to be more than you wan to spend, but when you finally get the items shipped to you and your not satisfied with the quality it really makes the company look bad. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the vrs-style trunk lid but after seeing this I would rather pay for a rep if I know its gonna be the same quality even if I pay more.
        I'm shocked about the body kit as well. I was considering it as I know when the car is done I'll need some major rubber in back. Well, I mean, $25k is stupid money for a body kit to begin with but after this? Doesn't look like $25k quality to me.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Sticky just go for wider metal fenders but round. extend your OEM fenders! More of a German look Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
        Sticky just go for wider metal fenders but round. extend your OEM fenders! More of a German look Click here to enlarge
        I haven't really seen anyone do this well yet.

        I want more of this kind of look:

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Get the FLOSSMAN kit then! im sure you'll be happy with that! I can hook you up if you have any issues getting a hold of it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
        Get the FLOSSMAN kit then! im sure you'll be happy with that! I can hook you up if you have any issues getting a hold of it.
        What does it look like?
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar