Close

    • New Overall US Mercedes 1/4 mile record and new C63 AMG M156 record - 10.4@135

      We wish to offer up congratulations to Dads63 (Keith) and MHP for raising the bar for Mercedes performance to the highest level it has been set in the United States thus far. Today at Maryland International Raceway Keith set the record in his C63 AMG with a 125 shot running a 10.4@135. On a 75 shot he ran 10.6@133. This improves on the previous overall US record by 1/10 and 2 mph which was held by an S600 on nitrous.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: New c63 NOS 1/4 record and New overall MB record started by Mthis View original post
      Comments 49 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Ugh... why couldn't it have been our watermarked video? Click here to enlarge

        Congrats, nice to see mainstream coverage.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Thank you.

        If your car would hook (I've watched videos of it) it would fly, but I imagine you have all the traction problems in the world.

        Thanks
        I have 295/45/17 MT ET streets on her, she has good traction now.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Awesome job, Keith Ben and Andy. Kudos for continuing to trailblaze.

        Andy - OT, SuperLubricity (on that other forum) wanted the specifics for your tune-only 11.59, so it could be added to his fastest C63 list. Just FYI, if you want it posted there.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Awesome job, Keith Ben and Andy. Kudos for continuing to trailblaze.

        Andy - OT, SuperLubricity (on that other forum) wanted the specifics for your tune-only 11.59, so it could be added to his fastest C63 list. Just FYI, if you want it posted there.
        Thanks Brett! My tune and carbonio airbox (which as proven by hagi and dodger does nothing) C63 went 11.595@119.75 at MIR on 8/22/08 I believe was the date. I only made 6-7 runs that day because we we swapping my wheels and DRs between a few cars. Those were the only 3 mods, tune, DRs, carbonio. I was on Nittos not MTs as well.

        The run is actually still on dragtimes located here:

        http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-17075.html

        Thanks!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Here is the record 60-130, adding to the list:

        Attachment 6220
      1. Dads C63's Avatar
        Dads C63 -
        Thanks guys, we had a great day racing. Andy (MHP) has done a great job helping us get to where we are!!
        I'm glad Ben can drive because I was wore out and it was his turn.
        We ran over 20 N/A passes before 1:00 and I was done. THANKS BEN!!

        We are still working on the car in hopes to dial in some things and make her a little faster. I think jrcart will force us to get back out racing to maintain any records. Good luck Jim!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dads C63 Click here to enlarge
        We are still working on the car in hopes to dial in some things and make her a little faster. I think jrcart will force us to get back out racing to maintain any records. Good luck Jim!!
        Hoping to get word on how he did soon.

        Good attitude and good luck, you have really raised the bar and improving on it is not going to be easy.
      1. Mort's Avatar
        Mort -
        I would like to say congrats to Keith, Ben and Andy for the great results with the C63 with and without the N2O and for working hard to improve the C63 and the sport! Click here to enlarge

        Good Going Guys Click here to enlarge
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
        I would like to say congrats to Keith, Ben and Andy for the great results with the C63 with and without the N2O and for working hard to improve the C63 and the sport! Click here to enlarge

        Good Going Guys Click here to enlarge
        Thank you sir!