Close

    • New Overall US Mercedes 1/4 mile record and new C63 AMG M156 record - 10.4@135

      We wish to offer up congratulations to Dads63 (Keith) and MHP for raising the bar for Mercedes performance to the highest level it has been set in the United States thus far. Today at Maryland International Raceway Keith set the record in his C63 AMG with a 125 shot running a 10.4@135. On a 75 shot he ran 10.6@133. This improves on the previous overall US record by 1/10 and 2 mph which was held by an S600 on nitrous.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: New c63 NOS 1/4 record and New overall MB record started by Mthis View original post
      Comments 49 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        No he told me at 3,000 rpms
        Thanks, so basically he hits it after he gets traction.
      1. tgoss's Avatar
        tgoss -
        Congrats!!!
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm impressed with how smooth he launches out of the hole, no drama. He's squeezing out the hole right?
        Last I recall the controller was set to 50% at 3000rpm but not off the converter. Trying not to kill it too quickly. Click here to enlarge Definitely hurting our short times. Not sure if I've mentioned this or not yet but on the 160 shot pass (missed 3-4 aborted, 10.58@123) the 1/8th trap was 107mph vs 105mph for the 125 shot, that would've been a 139-140 run.

        Also you can hear the 3-4 short shift on the 10.41@135.4 run, can't blame Ben amazing he can hit the 1-2, 2-3 they happen so quickly. Just goes to show there's more in the combo without going higher. All this without cams. Yes we are still working on the software.

        Thanks
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        You can hear the car come out N/A then the spray hits and it rockets off.
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        It was something to see can't wait to see a larger shot
      1. DarkPhantom's Avatar
        DarkPhantom -
        Wow, now that's a 10 sec car! Grats!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        It was something to see can't wait to see a larger shot
        Same here... 140 mph seems plausible, that is some serious power.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        All this without cams. Yes we are still working on the software.
        I thought he had your cams, did not realize that.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I thought he had your cams, did not realize that.
        He has them, in his garage Click here to enlarge

        They are going back in soon. Almost there.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        He has them, in his garage Click here to enlarge

        They are going back in soon. Almost there.
        I must say, I'm very impressed with what you guys have accomplished thus far. I didn't think the C63 would be able to run with the boosted M3's.
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        It was something to see can't wait to see a larger shot

        How about a direct port 200 on a p31? And you should spray yours you'll go 140s for sure with a 100 hit
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Id like to stay NA but.... Who knows what the future will bring..
      1. _PTE_'s Avatar
        _PTE_ -
        Now that is picking them up and puttin down!! A really big effort from Andrew's SL 65 AMG & Keith's C-63 And of course Andrew from MHP for his tuning efforts should not go unrecognized. Guy's , I believe your are seeing what may come in the future on MPH's effort to get back into the other Mercedes engine platforms. As Time passes it helps us understand each others characters . MHP may have had a rough start, But has learned to temper his emotions. I too started in alittle rough and have needed to ease up & did so. Andrew Has helped me more than most of you guy's could Know
        Again Great Job you Guy's _PTEngineering
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I must say, I'm very impressed with what you guys have accomplished thus far. I didn't think the C63 would be able to run with the boosted M3's.
        Thanks Sticky, means a lot.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _PTE_ Click here to enlarge
        Now that is picking them up and puttin down!! A really big effort from Andrew's SL 65 AMG & Keith's C-63 And of course Andrew from MHP for his tuning efforts should not go unrecognized. Guy's , I believe your are seeing what may come in the future on MPH's effort to get back into the other Mercedes engine platforms. As Time passes it helps us understand each others characters . MHP may have had a rough start, But has learned to temper his emotions. I too started in alittle rough and have needed to ease up & did so. Andrew Has helped me more than most of you guy's could Know
        Again Great Job you Guy's _PTEngineering
        Pat,

        Thank you for the kind words, the outstanding business relationship, and most importantly for being a solid friend. For those of you that don't know Pat he is one of the most repsected MB owners on the net for a reason, the man knows what he's talking about and it shows in everything he does. From his products to his own car, Pat is a total first class act.

        Thanks bud!
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Thanks, so basically he hits it after he gets traction.
        I think it would hook out of the hole spraying off the converter, and it would definitely knock the 60s down as you can see there wasn't any difference (actually 60'd better on some N/A passes on the 25th) in short times with or without the spray, we just don't want to overstress it...Yet. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Record pass with nitrous added to list.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Nice runs!! I wish that track was nearby to me... Click here to enlarge
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Nice runs!! I wish that track was nearby to me... Click here to enlarge

        Thank you.

        If your car would hook (I've watched videos of it) it would fly, but I imagine you have all the traction problems in the world.

        Thanks
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Congrats Keith & Ben:

        http://jalopnik.com/#!5786851/worlds...second-14-mile